How can I display multiple rows w/8 columns (4 columns editable on each row)?

Hello,

Please - Can anyone suggest the best way to display a joined dataset with 4 read-only columns, 4 editable columns and a checkbox column?
The content for this display currently has < 100 rows - but could approach 1000 in the future.
I currently have this setup with a Datagrid (working) - but I would like to be able to edit the 4 columns of ALL rows in the displayed list instead of one row at a time as the Datagrid allows.
After editing, I use an update function to traverse the modified list/table and save all values that have the Checkbox clicked.
Could a list with 1000 ((4-column editable rows) AND (4 readonly rows)) OR (8 editable rows) be done as a Repeater or Datalist or Custom something?
Perhaps - Can editable Textbox's be added to a Datagrid so some columns of every row be editable 'before' clicking edit?
Thank you for your advice/help!
Todd
0
mnswiftone

To provide editable Textbox's in all rows of a column, define the column as a Template column and put a TextBox in the regular Item template for the column.

Re: your 1000 row scenario. That's a lot to display all at once in the browser. You might want to try to decide if a pagable scenario could work when you have to deal with that number.
Jim

MS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]

Old Dog Learns New Tricks

Preferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets
0
JimRoss
3/7/2004 2:34:36 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try -

I didn't think of textbox's until I started typing this post... I wasn't sure if the system could handle so many editable boxes.
Right now I only have 70 records - yes I will probably add some method of paging when the count increases.
0
mnswiftone

SQL: mutiple rows one column to multiple columns one row
In InfoMaker SQL can you take a table with multiple rows for the same key and take a column from the rows and create mutiple columns with one report line with the key(no duplicate keys) on a report? For example Table books (key) (book title) 123 misery 123 titanic 123 roots 456 war 456 1984 456 giant The report I need would look like this Key title1 title2 title 3 123 misery titanic roots 456 war 1984 giant Thanks in advance. -- Kaye Hendry HealthInsight email:kaye.hendry@healthinsight.org ...

How to go through a datatable row by row and column by column
Hello, I have a dataset with a datatable and I need to insert each row from the datatable on my sql table, anyway there may be errors, so some rows may not be inserted because primary key constraints,  So I need to show the rows that are not inserted in a gridview, the hard thing to do is to go through all the datatable,  is there an wasy way to do it?MCPD ENTERPRISE APPLICATION DEVELOPER Start by looking herehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.common.dataadapter.update.aspxPerform an update of your dataset, and if a row fails, you can mark it as invalid.You can ...

Arranging data on multiple rows into a sigle row (converting rows into columns)
Hello, I have a survey (30 questions) application in a SQL server db. The application uses several relational tables. The results are arranged so that each answer is on a seperate row: user1   answer1user1   answer2user1   answer3user2   answer1user2   answer2user2   answer3 For statistical analysis I need to transfer the results to an Excel spreadsheet (for later use in SPSS). In the spreadsheet I need the results to appear so that each user will be on a single row with all of that user's answers on...

Is there a free table control by which can edit data,add row and and columns simply?
Is there a free table control for ASP.Net written with C#, so I can use it to edit data,add row and and columns simply? Thanks!  SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator could anyone  help me?SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Could you help me?SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Sure, sorry about the delay...

computing the difference of a column in the current row from the column of the preceding row
Hello, a user asked me if we can solve following problem: we want to compute the difference (delta) of a column in the current row from the column of the preceding row. My first solution signs where: create a computed field (small_function_result) that takes the value from the preceding row: small(value, value, cf_getrow for all); where cf_getrow is a computed field like this: if(getrow()=1,getrow(),getrow()-1) create a computed field (Diff) that computes the difference: value-small_function_result My results should look like this: Row Value cf_getrow small_func...

GridView.Rows(Column=ID_PK) to GridView.Rows(Column=DropDownListTeamplteField)
Hi Guys,I wonder how I can assign the PrimaryKey in each GridView Row to the template field in the same row. whereas the template field is filled with a dropdownlist thatshould show the values for retrieved in a different table through the GridView Row primary key (which serves as the SELECT parameter to get these values) The GridView looks like this:<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="C_ID" DataSourceID="GetC_IDs"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField D...

Displaying rows in multiple columns with GridView
I'm trying to do some advanced formatting with a GridView and I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I've looked through many a FAQ list and discussion board, and nothing seems to address this issue. I've got a data source that returns something like the following: statecity IL Aurora IL Bloomington IL Champaign IL Chicago IL Decatur IL Effingham IL Galesburg IN Bloomington IN Indianapolis KS Jericho KS Kansas City KS Rogue River I'd like to display this data in such a way that the...

How to divide 1 GridView Row with 1 column in 2 Rows with 5 columns?
Hi; I have a GridView with 10 rows and 1 column. How can I do to this GridView show the same data, but with 2 rows and 5 columns? In classic ASP, I made it this way: While (NOT rsFotos.EOF) if i mod 5 = 0 then Response.Write "</tr><tr>" end if ... Someone can help? :)  You have to use a custom template and lay the table out the way you want, either dropping controls in the template or creating a custom ITemplate that takes care of it for you. http://professionalaspnet.com/archive/2006/06/15/Useing-ITemplate-in-the-Data-Controls.aspxChris L...

is it possible to turn 1 column,many rows into one row,many columns in sql ?
 Hi AllI have the following query:Select CategoryName From Category Where CategoryId In(Select SkillId From SpecialitySkills Where CopywriterId = 13) It gives me the correct results but not in the form that i want, i would like it to be in one row, many columns. its in 1 column, many rows.Any ideas?  You must be talking about displaying it on a web page? Just create a loop that runs through the rows of the data that is returned then just make html table:dim tablestring as string = "<table><tr>" for i as integer = 0 to dt.rows.count - 1 tablestring += &...

Can you display data from a single row in multiple rows using a GridView?
I am currently displaying 3 fields in a gridview and it looks something like this:First Name Last Name Age ======== ======== === Chris Messineo 40 John Smith 35 Tim Jones 30I need to modify the gridview and display a bio, but I want it to display on 1 full line below each line, like this:First Name Last Name Age ======== ======== === Chris Messineo 40 Chris was born in a log cabin... John Smith 35 At the age of 10 John invented... Tim Jones 30 Mr. Jones was always a curio...

Calculated column from columns in same row??
Hi everyone - Is there a way to display a calculated value in a column based on values from the same row? Using a datagrid thanks tony Sure. Have a function declared for your OnItemDataBound: Sub CalculateValues(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) dim total as Integer = CType(e.Item.FindControl("col1"), Integer) + CType(e.Item.FindControl("col2"), Integer) e.Item.FindControl("totalCOlumn").Text = total End Sub I think it would be something like that.Sarahttp://www.ilovecode.com If yo...

Displaying two rows of database column data in one row of datagrid
Hello, I am trying to display two rows of an access column on one row of datagrid. Is that possible? Example of my intended datagrid: courseNo of course1courseNo of course2 courseNo of course3courseNo of course4 here's the HTML view of my aspx file: <Asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 104px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px"    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Height="320px" Width="488px">    <Columns>     <asp:TemplateColumn>      &...

Multiple rows to multiple columns in oracle
Hello, Please help.... tbl_studentstdid stdname 1       X 2       Y 3       Z tbl_Subjects stdid subjects   Marks 1       Maths      80% 1      Science    60% 1      History     75% 2      Science    50% 2      Chemistry 90% 3      Sports&nbs...

Web resources about - How can I display multiple rows w/8 columns (4 columns editable on each row)? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Girl, 5, stabbed multiple times outside apartment building in Ballarat; man arrested
A five-year-old girl is in a critical condition after being stabbed multiple times in Ballarat.

Multiple probes in case of missing former Olympian and funds' seller
At least three investigations are underway in the case of an investment dealer and former Canadian Olympic rower who has gone missing from Victoria. ...

Tim Hortons Abruptly Shuts Multiple U.S. Locations, Taking Customers, Staff By Surprise 76
Managers and employees at Tim Hortons locations in New York and Maine say they were let go with virtually no notice this week, amid a round of ...

iOS 9 How-To: Quickly delete multiple images in Messages to free up space without losing your conversations ...
... actually gets stored twice on the device: within Photos and within Messages. In this How-To article, I’m going to discuss how to delete multiple ...

CNN Reporter Describes Multiple Explosions During Overnight Raid
Around 1:30 am ET, CNN’s Atika Shubert was reporting from the Paris suburb of Saint Denis where police were conducting an overnight raid tied ...

Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad
Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad

ROEV lets you use multiple charging networks with one account
Filed under: Green , Green Automakers , Electric Blink, ChargePoint, and EVgo are partnering up with ROEV, a new association that will let you ...

Kate Hudson dumped Nick Jonas because she ‘wants to pursue multiple people’
... But not for long, The source also said the Bride Wars star wants to get into the dating scene again. And soon. ‘Kate wants to pursue multiple ...

Manage multiple Google marketing accounts easily
... you work with any partners, vendors, agencies, or clients, you probably even have Google logins for them. The uncomfortable reality of multiple ...