how can i access a control in the edit template column of Datagrid

Hi

I want to access or setfocus in a textbox control in the edit template column of a datagrid. i'm using the visual studio 2003 version. thanks for your responses..

0
fraijo

You can browse through the following link. It might help you.

http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/aspnet/WEB_c4c.aspx

Thanks
Sharmila

0
kushi
6/19/2006 6:00:18 AM

Use FindControl to get the reference of the textbox in the ItemDataBound event.

TextBox tb  = (TextBox )e.Item.FindControl("TextBox1");

0
sophia
6/19/2006 7:54:30 AM

I'm sorry.. it doesn't worked.. i need to set focus  to a text box control used in the datagrid's edit template column..

with thanks

fraijo

0
fraijo

How do I access control on edit item template in DataView control?
I have a DataView control. I have a Template Field named MyNewTemplateField and in it's Edit Items Template I have a text box called "txtMyTextBox", which I want to do something with the data typed in, and then take that result and put it in the Access database.  Protected Sub DataView1_ItemCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewCommandEventArgs) Handles dvAcct.ItemCommand Select Case e.CommandName Case "Edit" Dim txtTheText As New TextBox txtTheText = DataView1.FindControl("txtMyTextBox"...

How to access a template column in a datagrid control
I have a DataGrid control on a web form with a template column. How can I access the dropdownlist column "ddlusertype" from my c# code? I need to bind it with a DataTable. Please help, thanks! Here is my code <Columns> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="rolName" HeaderText="User Type"></asp:BoundColumn> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="rolDescription" HeaderText="Description"></asp:BoundColumn> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="gtyAbbr" HeaderText="Client Type"></asp:B...

How can javascript access to a Control in a Template Column?
I have a datagrid. And I want when I click Edit LinkButton, the program auto focus to a control. I had found whether a method of server control similar focus method in javascript. But I did not found. Please help me!The life is beautiful! Well, .focus() method in javascript should do that for you. All you need to do is supply an appropriate ID of the control. Use the ClientID property of the control at the server side to write the javascript for each EditLinkButton. I would suggest writing a separate JavaScript procedure accepting the ID of the control and setting the focus. This way y...

How can I register an event for a control in DataGrid template column?
Hello Is it possible to register events for controls in a DataGrid template column? I have an editable DataGrid comprised mostly of template columns. I want to use a CustomValidator for some of the columns but I don't know how to register events for the CustomValidator. In particular I want to wire up a 'ServerValidate' event. When I use a CustomValidator (or any Control for that matter) outside of a DataGrid control, I have access to the Events tab in the Properties window. But when the Control is in a Template column of a DataGrid, the Events tab is not there anymore. Is it poss...

Select type of Controls in a Template column when edit a Datagrid
Is it possible not to define the type of control for a EditItemTemplate during design but define during the edit mode of the datagrid. What I want is to give a dropdownlist control or a textbox control to a template column when in edit mode, by checking one of the item value....

Serverside Template Control
I've created a template control what I am running into difficults is during the Page_Load event on my web page I cannot access the child controls in the two possible templates. What I would like to be able to do is set the value or make some changes to the control at runtime but I have not been successful in gaining code access to the control, for example the TEXTBOX1 control in the EditTemplate template.     Does anyone know a good way to preform this task, let alone if I am even using the correct event Example of HTML Render  <aspSample:TextLabe...

How can i access controls in a user control.?
Hi, i have defined a user control with a label and a datagrid . Now i have dropped that user control on the default.aspx page no problems there.  I have populated a dataset and want to bind that to the datagrid, BUT how do i access the datagrid, ??? The datagrid name is datagrid1 and when i type intellisense doesnt recognise it. Do i have to type the control id and then the control name ? thanks robby You can access user controls thru properties. In your User Control code behind create a property (for accessing the controls). public DataGrid ChildGrid{    get { retu...

How to access a child control in a templated control?
I am not sure how to access a child control that I addes to a templated control. For example: I drag a Login Control (ID: "Login1") into page in VisualStudio web developer, I can click on it and from the upper right of that control now in my desinger I can choose "convert to template".  Now I can drop in my own control to be added to the Login Control.  Let say I drag over a DropDownList control (ID: "DropDownList1") and place it at the bottom within the Login Control. At run time I might expect to access the my DropDownList control with somethin...

Solution Title: Datagrid Template Column Radio Button (get access to the rb control)
Hi. I have a radio button in a template column of a datagrid. All I need to know is how to get access to this to be able to set the radio button as checked or unchecked (depending on the results of a query). I'm trying this: Dim rbactionneeded As RadioButton = CType(e.Item.FindControl("rbactionneeded"), RadioButton) If ansval = "Y" Then 'result from stored procedure rbactionneeded.Checked = True End if (very simplified). I'm getting an erro...

Can you have a datagrid control inside of a repeater control. If so, how do you reference the datagrid in code behind
Hello, If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a repeater control and I want to place a datagrid inside of the repeater control's item template. The problem is, I don't know how to reference the datagrid control in the code behind. Also, can I bind data into the headertemplate of the repeater control such as a name. Actually I would only need a name. Don't know about GridView inside the Repeater, but did you thought about Repeater inside the Repeater?(Example below)  1 Protected Sub rptMain_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syst...

Cannot access the controls of a page found in a datagrid control
Hello All,I am trying to access the RadioButtonList controls of an aspx page using this code: ..........................................................................................................Dim ctl As ControlDim answers As ArrayListFor Each ctl In Page.Controls(1).Controls   If TypeOf ctl Is RadioButtonList Then       If not CType(ctl, RadioButtonList).SelectedItem Is Nothing Then          Try          answers.Add(CType(ctl, RadioButt...

Accessing web controls from within a DataGrid control
Hi, Could someone tell me how to access other web controls from within a datagrid control? I have a ListBox control in a DataGrid, but can't figure out how to set the ListBox's datasource from the code behind. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks. With the DataGrid you have the ItemDataBound event, where you can find any web control that were added to it, for each row listed in the DataGrid. Ex: Private Sub DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles DataGrid1.ItemDataBound If e.Item....

How can I control the width of a column in the GridView control.
From searching I see mention of ways to do it before the controls are bound. Is there a simpler way? If not, could someone explain to me how I need to go about it?Here is the code: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="id"        DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="There are no data records to display."        OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged">   &nbs...

Accessing Child Controls of a Template Server Control
I've created a templated control that has a property called ContentTemplate which is of type ITemplate.  The control works great with the exception of I now have to interact with the child controls via the FindControl method. Markup: <test:MyControl ID="testControl" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <asp:Label ID="testLabel" runat="server" /> </ContentTemplate> </test:MyControl>    In order to interact with the child label, testLabel, I now need to do something like this:Dim lbl As La...

Web resources about - how can i access a control in the edit template column of Datagrid - asp.net.presentation-controls

Template - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook page template & tips for 2014
As Facebook page admins get started with 2014, the social marketing experts at ShortStack created a detailed template , including image sizes, ...

Frame Artist Pro - Best Photo Collage Editor, Stitch Your Photos with Pic Frame Templates & Filter Effect ...
Get Frame Artist Pro - Best Photo Collage Editor, Stitch Your Photos with Pic Frame Templates & Filter Effect & Frames on the App Store. See ...

Paper wireframe templates - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
jasonrobb.com/v2/i/Wireframe-templates-JasonRobb.zip jasonrobb.com

United Airlines accidentally sends letter template to unhappy passenger
A US air passenger may have received what is quite possibly the world’s least sincere apology letter.

TV Templates - Transcripts
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, aihiad adaph dpas, osaf das. Oi asdfpo ijafj ai.

Mockup Apple Watch apps and compare screen sizes with these official bezel templates
... for developers, readers interested in Apple Watch can also use the images to compare the overall physical size of the two sizes. The templates ...

Today’s apps gone free: Practice+, Templates for Keynote, Dr. Panda’s Mailman and more
... and packages. Dr. Panda’s Postman is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4.5-star rating with a total of 44 ratings. Templates ...

Templates, Insights and Dictation in Google Docs
Google's standalone web apps for Docs , Sheets and Slides now show a list of templates you can choose to quickly create a document, spreadsheet ...

Yellen May Emulate Taper Template and Raise Rates in December
TIME Yellen May Emulate Taper Template and Raise Rates in December Bloomberg Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen shows signs of taking a page ...