help populating formview dynamically using c# code

i have tried populating the form view with the following c# code but the browser displays nothing on running the web form..

private void BindData()

{

FormView1.Visible = true;

OledbConnection myConnection = new OledbConnection(ConnectionString);

OledbDataAdapter ad = new OledbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM projectperl", myConnection);

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

ad.Fill(ds);

FormView1.DataSource = ds;

FormView1.DataBind();

}

 help please!!

rsasp

0
rsasp

Either you are not calling the method BindData() in your code (e.g. from Page_Load) or the table does not have any rows in it.

0
hemantksh
4/7/2008 6:04:50 AM

i'm calling the BindData() method and moreover i tried it even in PageLoad event...

Even then its not working...

0
rsasp
4/7/2008 3:38:00 PM

Then are you sure that the table has rows in it. If yes, please provide aspx source and .cs source so that I can help.

0
hemantksh

Using Code Behind to populate labels in a repeater control using c#
Hi, Please could someone help me with this problem. I am trying to change the text property of a label that sits in the ItemTemplate tag in the repeater control. I am using ASP.NET, C#, MS Access. I have searched the internet and studied books but they all use inline binding to change the text property of the label whereas I would like to use code behind. Does anyone have any sample 'c# code behind' code that I could use to do this. I can get the inline binding to work so that means the code behind works fine with regards reference to the database query and connection. It is only ...

Need Help Populating a Variable (using .Net & C#)
I'm trying to populate the variable "STATUS" with the BEFORE value from TABLE1 to insert into TABLE2, but not sure how to do that. Attached is a stripped down code I'm working on. Sorry, I'm new at this...// some variable stuff      protected ErrorText ErrorText1;protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList DISP_CD;public System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText DISP_DOC;protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText DISP_DATE;protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList DataTagList;protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button BtnUpd;publi...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

vb.net code works but not c# code
Hello, I'm trying to insert the metatags dynamically. The following vb code works fine: aspx.vb code: Protected myTag As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load myTag.Attributes("content") = "test" End Sub In aspx file head: <meta id="myTag" runat="server" /> The above code is working great. But the same thing I'm trying to put in C# which is not working. aspx.cs code: ...

Populate Web User Control using atlas Dynamic Populate
hi, all i have trouble in populate web user control (ascx file) using the Dynamic Populate. i have one WebUserControl file (ascx file) and i want to add to my default.aspx using Dynamic Populate.{default.aspx.vb} <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _    Public Function GetHtml(ByVal contextKey As String) As String               Dim sw As StringWriter        Dim htw As HtmlTextWriter        Dim a As Control    &nb...

Using .Net (C#) ActiveX control within Builder 2009 (C++)
Hi, We are moving one of our applications from Borland C++ Builder 4.5 to the latest builder 2009. There is also an activeX control in our application (Formule One spreadsheet) which is causing problems in this migration. As this control doesn't cover all our future needs, we are thinking about creating our own gridcontrol to use. So I've been playing around and created an example control in .Net and exposed it as a COM object. When I try to add it to my C++ sample project, (Import component and create new package) and compile this package, I get the following error: [BCC32 Erro...

Dynamic content made easy [How to: Use the new dynamic population support for Toolkit controls]
Since the feature request has come up so many times here and since we now support the relevant scenario in the new 60914 release of the Toolkit, I've just blogged a little example of dynamically populating the content of a popup control (HoverMenu, ModalPopup, or PopupControl) as it's being displayed. You can find the blog post here:http://blogs.msdn.com/delay/archive/2006/09/19/762609.aspxHope this helps!http://blogs.msdn.com/DelayThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi David,Thanks for this post.  This does seem handy.&nb...

How do I populate a control using code
How do I populate a control using code rather than one of the data bound controls? I have to group together notes records that have very strange formatting and display them all in one text box. In classic asp I would have created an ADO connection, then an ADO recordset containing the records required, and then stepped through the recordset to build the string that I would then put in the text box control. How do I do that in ASP.NET/ADO.NET? Do I somehow use one of the sqlDataSource controls?   My preferred language is VB.   Thanks create a custom object that retrieves the ...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

Help with dynamic controls and retrieving data from dynamic controls
I am new to web development. My requirement is Text boxes get generated dynamically based on user input on click of a button called Ok after user enters values to these textboxes when user clicks on submit button ,values user entered to these textboxes have to be retrieved for further calculation I am generating text boxes in the ok button click event how to retrieve value user enters to these n where the procedure for that to be placed here u need to give name to id of every texbox in a specugic patterns so than u can know next time.   static int i = 0;protected...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Web resources about - help populating formview dynamically using c# code - asp.net.presentation-controls