Help on deleting a row in Gridview control

Hi,

 I need to find out how to delete a row in the GridView control.  I have the following delete control in my GridView:

<CODE>

<asp:TemplateField ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign=center ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="top">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:ImageButton ID=ibDelete runat=server ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" CommandName="Delete"/>

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:TemplateField>

</CODE>

 What events do I use and how do I get them to fire?  I just started using Gridviews.

thanks.

0
MyronCope

Hey,

That should all you need to delete a row; a click of that button will bubble up the delete event.  However, for true automation of the delete, you need a data source control; otherwise, you have to handle the delete manually.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
8/28/2006 4:22:04 PM

thanks for feedback, but i'm trying to use this event:

<CODE>

Protected Sub gvGridView_RowDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewDeleteEventArgs) Handles gvGridView.RowDeleting

</CODE>

but the event is not firing for some reason.  I"ve put in breakpoint but its not getting there?  any ideas?

0
MyronCope
8/28/2006 5:11:35 PM

Hey,

Just to test, try using a linkbutton instead.  Let me know if it does or does not fire.  Also, you may want to try putting in a Response.Write("here") to make sure if it is or isn't getting there, and not a problem placing the breakpoint only.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Update and Delete rows from gridview control with sqldatasource HELP HELP
Hello all, I am really lost about this part. I have a gridview control to represent the data from sql server 2005. and i want to update and delete some of the rows. But i have got problem to do so. when i update the row, the data remains the same as before after i click the update button. Even worse, when i click the delete button, the page goes to not found error. I really have got no idea about this, can someone give me a help on this? my controls in the page is: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"  ...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

Help! Find row on which a button was pressed in the gridview control in .NET 2.0
How do you get the exact row (and column data from that row)  on which a button was pressed within a gridview. In .NET v1 using the datagrid control the followingconstruction was available:objArgs.Item.Cells(n).Textusing the datagrid DataGridCommandEventArgs parameter. choices in gridview are     Sub cmdBackTestSummary(ByVal objSender As Object, ByVal objArgs As GridViewCommandEventArgs) ' objArgs.commandname ' objargs.commandarguement ' objargs.commandsource     End Sub but no objArgs.Item.Cells(n) So how do you get the exact row (and c...

help me! WHY CAN THE TOP GRIDVIEW DETECT CONTROLS BUT THE SECOND GRIDVIEW NOT DETECT CONTROLS?!
Hi guys, two gridviews, same page, but one cant define paramters, the other one can.  the one that works is the first example, the one that doesnt work is the second example.  what is the difference? if you could highlight why example two doesnt detect contorls that would be great!!! example one <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" BackColor="LightGoldenrodYellow" BorderColor="Tan" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="2&qu...

How to delete controls in GridView when the delete button in a row is clicked
Hi,   I am having issues with my gridview.....i added 2 dropdown and 2 compare validators....whenever i delete a row though......the dropdown and compare validators are becoming null........thus when i click a button, it is still validating.............anyway to delete this when i click the delete button or even handle?   Please help.  ...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Delete a Row From A GridView Control
Well it is not just an ordinary delete. I have a Gridview which I populated manually. Then I need to delete a row which will be selected using a checkbox inside the gridview. I cant seem to find the way to just remove the specific row. I have already taken the rowIndex, but Gridview doesnt seem to allow me to delete a row unless I remove from a dataset or so. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks - Mike use the property "DataKeyName" of the GridView. get the index and delete/remove the perticular row which you got through datakeyname property. and again bind your GridView. Thanx, [K...

How to delete row from GridView control
Hello,  I am working on an ASP.NET 2.0 app, and I am trying to wire up a "Delete" button to a gridview control on a form. Here is the code for the ASP :  <asp:GridView ID="gvInConditions" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="true" OnRowDeleting="gvInConditions_RowDeleting" DataKeyNames="Condition_ID" >         <Columns>                <asp:CommandField ButtonType="Button" SelectText=&...

Edit data with GridView Control ? or another control ? help
I use GrivView in ASP.Net 2.0 to show data from DataTable. And i want to edit some fields in some rows. How can I do it? If i touch EDIT button - all columns, which have ReadOnly=false, switch into EDIT mode. But I want, that in first raw I can edit 2,3 column and in second row only 3 column. How can I do it ? ...

Updating and binding control to other controls within the same row of a GridView
HiIn the EditTemplate of my GridView I show 2 DropDownLists. When the user selects the first dropdownlist, I need it to update the contents of the second dropdownlist. I have my Subs that do this fine when not inside the GridView, but what is the correct way to do it whilst they are in the GridView?This is my current attempt that returns the error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. I presume its related to correctly targeting the DropDownList in question? This is my GridView:<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server"  &...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Need help binding data to GridView control inside a Repeater control
Hi, How do I bind data to a GridView control that is inside a Repeater control?Thanks,Sam Looks like I bind the data to the Repeater control then handle binding individual sets of data to GridViews in the Repeater's OnItemDataBound event. Is this correct? If so, how do I pull the data back into DataTable in the OnItemDataBound event so that I can further process it i.e. slice it up so that I can bind it to multiple GridViews?Thanks,Sam Hi SamU, Yes, you can handle ItemDataBound event of Repeater to generate the data source of inner GridView. The data source (such as DataTable) of ...

Web resources about - Help on deleting a row in Gridview control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Deleting Online Predators Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( DOPA ) is a bill ( H.R. 5319 ) brought before the United States House of Representatives on May 9, 2006 by Republican Pennsylvania Representative ...

Facebook Deleting Inflammatory Content In India
Facebook has been complying with a request by the government of India and removing “inflammatory and hateful content” that has caused tens of ...

Deleting your Facebook page is foolish
... brag, trailing closely behind that fantastically annoying “I don’t even have a TV , never mind watch the drivel!” Let’s lay it out: deleting ...

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Applying or deleting your experimental changes - YouTube
To improve your AdWords experience, we're testing a new tool that helps you optimize your account. AdWords Campaign Experiments, or ACE, does ...

Deleting abusive online content a 'near impossible' task
POSTING offensive, harassing, intimidating or defamatory content online takes mere seconds, but getting it removed can take what feels like a ...

Paleo advocate Pete Evans accused of deleting critical posts on Facebook
Is Paleo Pete Evans is open to dietary debate? Some say he's not.

Microsoft on the threshold of deleting 'appalling' Windows 8 software
MICROSOFT plans to cut its losses on Windows 8, the latest version of the software that runs the majority of the world's computers, jettisoning ...

How to get iOS 8 without deleting everything on your phone
If you've tried downloading iOS 8, or know anyone who has already done so, you're probably familiar with the biggest complaint: The download ...

Dalton McGuinty staffers broke law by deleting gas plant emails
Senior staff members in the offices of both the Ontario energy minister and former premier Dalton McGuinty intentionally deleted emails about ...

Jason Kenney under fire for praising ‘perfect, unaccented English’, deleting tweet
Canada's Minister for Multiculturalism, Jason Kenney, caused an upset Monday after praising an 11-year-old Iraqi refugee who "already speaks ...