Gridview Rows stretching in size when one row is returned

Hi

I hope this is a trival problem.

My problem with the gridview is that when one row or only a few rows are returned to the gridview the spacing round the data in the row(s) increases. If there are many more rows, say 10 or more, the spacing is how I want it to be. I have tried setting the spacing for the rows in the properties of the row, but with no luck.

Does any one have a way of fixing the row spaces regardless of the number of rows returned?

AndyMoireASP

Hi AndyMoireASP,

It seems you have resolved the issue. If so, please post the solution and share with us.

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin
2/25/2009 7:20:28 AM

I simply took away the height on the gridview and kept its width to 100%, and this stops the rows from stretching.

0
AndyMoireASP

Error with Gridview when i delete the row that have only one row in gridview
 Dear all, i develop with asp.net 2005 and use gridview and set enable deleteing =true. I can delete record in gridview properly but when gridveiw has only one row and then i'm clike delete button , the error occurs :   Server Error in '/it' Application. Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: value Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeExce...

Adding row (one at a time) in gridview on a button click. And cells of added row should contain controls like DROPDOWN LIST or TEXT BOX.
Dear Friends, I am in great need for the solution/hints/guidance of my requirement, if anyone can help with.  Let me explain what I need."I need a Gridview control on a webpage having following 5 columns/fields.     Column 1: It just has a "+" button in its header only (other cells for this column is empty)    Column 2: The Column header here is "FIELD" and  it should contain dropdown list (which is populated from some database)    Column 3: The Column header here is "Operator" and  it should ...

Data Controls insert rows into gridview then insert rows from gridview into SQL Table
Hello there, I'm still new at performing miracles with code . Currently I am having trouble with my latest coding adventure I have a web application which records jobs and labour assigned to jobs. The issue in particular I'm having is the way in which labour is to be assigned. I want to use standard controls (Textbox, Dropdownlist) to record the values into a gridview (ie,put multiple rows into the gridview using the controls). Then, when all the inserting is complete, the user clicks a submit button to insert all the rows from the gridview into a database table. The reason for...

single-row subquery returns more than one row
 I want a subquery  to return more than  one value then  use those values to get more values from  the other table. But  I  am receiving the errors saying ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row. How can I avoid this and achieve  want I want? My sql and Csharp is below:dbcon.Open();            string strreg = "SELECT Amount AS TotalAmount FROM Payment WHERE studentno=(SELECT tempcode FROM  specialstudent WHERE custid='"+ AreaNO +"')";    &...

gridview show mulitple rows in one row
I want to show an overview of users, with all classes they have attended and from which year to which year.My userdata is in tblUsers, the info on classes they have been in is stored in tblClassesEach user may have attended 0 to 12 classes.My SQL query returns a row with userdata for each class a user has attended (which is supposed to work like this).Now in my gridview I want to show 1 row PER user and in that same row I want to show all classes that were attended...How can I achieve that?So I might well have 10 rows returned for user Peter, but I want to have one row in my gridview that sh...

How do i get one row if the resultset returned has no rows.
Hi I have couple of CTE's which i want to ultimately insert into a temp table... and based on my condition some of the CTE's return some rows and some dont... but i want to have the CTE return atleast one row if there is no data in it.. I have tried doing the following but i am not getting the desired output    ;with cte_rpt4 as (select '4' a,recd_dt as approve_dt, prov_no, prov_name, client_id, claim_mst_id, claim_adj_id, claim_dt, claim_amt, rpt4, (Select count(distinct(Claim_mst_Id)) as crpt4 from #temp1 where datediff(day,isnull(recd_dt,create_dt),isnull(c...

returning the database row ID from a selected row from a GridView
Hi I'd like to be able to display a gridView with rows of data, and when the user selects a row, somehow return the ID value for the respective row from the database, not the row in the gridView - if that makes sense. If possible, I don't want the ID displayed in the gridView. Thanks for any helpRichard Use DataKeyNames and SelectedDataKey Property of GridViewSomnath Mali.NET Developer , Pune INDIA.Please Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. I’m not sure what it is your describing; could you elaborate? ThanksRichard 1. <asp:GridView DataKeyNames="ProductID" Al...

View severel rows from database in one gridview-row
I have a database with the columns name, day, activity. The content look like this: Peter, monday, work Alice, Thuesday, London Alice, Monday, Holiday  .... I want to show this in a gridview where each person is shown in one row and the columns are the days of the week. The example above should look like this on the screen: name, monday, thuesday, wednesday, thursday,... Peter,work,,,,,, alice,Holiday, London Is that possible ? Thanks Hi:   From your description I think you can use ItemTemplate. First just create this layout. The DataSource only have to select di...

Displaying 2 rows as one row in GridView--very urgent
Hi I need to display 2 rows as a one row in Gridview like this in text boxes and also I need horizontal paging on the gridview... any help would be much appreciated !!! ---------------------------------------------------------<<  Jan| Feb| Mar| Apr| May| Jun| Jul|   >>---------------------------------------------------------  A  10 |  20 |  30 |  40 |  50 |  60 |  70 |  B  10 |  20 |  30 |  40 |  50 |  60 |  70 |&...

Return single colum from multiple rows into one row?
Often in my apps I'll create a table in SQL to house different variables. I do this so that I don't end up with multiple tables just to store a list of phone types for example. What I mean is let's say I have a form that would store contact information one of the controls might be a phone number and then next to that I'd have a drop down that would list the different phone types like Phone, Mobile, Fax etc rather than hard coding a specific textbox for only phone or only the mobile number. This way the user can determine white type of contact number it is.  With th...

xml export rows as with template
Ive created a datawindow with a template. Now when i do a save as, it only returns one row? I am expecting all of the rows , using the template I have defined. > Ive created a datawindow with a template. Now when i do a > save as, it only returns one row? I am expecting all of > the rows , using the template I have defined. found the solution. Start Detail option!!! ...

GridView Rows.Count Returns 0 When There Are Rows Visible
 Hi, I have this gridview displaying a number of rows of data (from database) on page load. The problem happens when I want to process the data. I make an if condition of if (gvReturnPackage.Rows.Count > 0) {..... }but the program won't go into the if clause as the Count property returns 0 (but the gridview actually displays those data) in debug mode.Why does this happen? Please help. Thank You. Hi make sure that you are calling if statement after  gvReturnPackage.DataBind(); method. post your code so we can monitor it.SuyogI am just using ...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

Web resources about - Gridview Rows stretching in size when one row is returned - asp.net.presentation-controls

Stretching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In its most basic form, stretching is a natural and instinctive activity; it is performed by humans and many animals . It can be accompanied ...

Strong Runner - Personal Running Trainer App for 5K and 10K Plans- Warm-up, Strenght and Stretching Video ...
Get Strong Runner - Personal Running Trainer App for 5K and 10K Plans- Warm-up, Strenght and Stretching Video Workout Training Program for Runners ...

Stretching in the snow: Forward split - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... first (and probably only) snowfall of the season. We've had a warm, dry winter this season. I thought it would be fun to get a couple of stretching ...

YouTube - Top 21 Cutest Kittens and Cats Stretching. Good morning! )
Veröffentlicht am 19.04.2013 Top 21 Cutest Kittens and Cats Stretching. Good morning! ) I recommend to watch this video every morning! New video ...

We are stretching for all the wrong reasons
Stretching can create injuries rather than prevent them, researchers say.

Why shares are stretching people’s patience
IT pays to be patient, we are told, but this is getting ridiculous.

Stretching the line-up
Mercedes-Benz's biggest-selling model is set to grow in size.

Gamer Fit! Stretch It! - Stretching Workout for Gamers Part 1 - YouTube
*****ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE WHO SIT WAAAAAY MORE THAN THEY SHOULD***** (and you know who you are...) - Back perpetually tight? - Pain in your lower ...

Stretching Exercises To Work Every Muscle In Your Body
... of staying hunched over for hours on end, as though our muscles will never unfurl and lengthen. But according to health experts, regular stretching ...

Wildfires grow in Southcentral, stretching firefighters thin
Crews battling wind-driven wildfires that grew fast overnight are trying to protect the village of Tyonek on the northwest side of Cook Inlet ...