get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page.

 Hi

here iam having Gridview in one page .it is binded to some data.

I used querystring to transfer data from Gridview to Textboxes in next page.

now my question is i want to edit the textboxes and make changes reflect in database.

i edited the textboxes by just deleting the value in Textbox and entering new value.

but The changes i made to textboxes are not reflected at runtime.When i debug the code

The values in TextBox are previous values. The changed values are not reflected.because of that iam not able to update the database.

Is there property for textbox to take place the changes i made at runtime.

please someone help me.

Thankyou very much.

0
sirikalavalapalli

I THINK U WRITE THE ASSIGN CODE IN PAGE_LOAD EVENT.
BLOCK ALL CODE UNDER PAGE_LOAD EVENT BY !ISPOSTBACK METHOD. LIKE:

protected
void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if(!IsPostBack)
{
// assign query string value in textbox here
}
}

HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU.

Shawpnendu Bikash Maloroy
http://shawpnendu.blogspot.com
0
shawpnendu

inserting record present in one gridview in one page into gridview in other page
hi,i have two .aspx pages.one page(watch.aspx) have gridview with fields  given below.the fourth column is a hyperlink column                                                        watch.aspx                      ...

How to bind One aspx page' Textbox data to another Aspx page's textbox
 hi i'm implementing one application in that i have 2 webpages, my task is binding the value of textbox of 1st page to 2nd page textbox when 2nd page is loading that will display the value in textbox  whatever user entered in 1st page's textbox for this how i have to bind that 1st textbox of 1st web page into textbox of 2nd webpage pls give the solution I used this link to accomplish the same thing, here is the link : http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4687/ that is not working i'm getting error like this   Server Error in '/CourtCaseTrac...

Help with copying data from one gridview to another gridview on another page
Hello,I have a page, frmJobListings.aspx, with a data grid that is populated with data from a table called, tblJobPostings.  I would like to copy all rows of data from three of the columns, JobRefNum, JobRequirements, and JobTitle on the page and populate a datagrid on another page called, frmJobDetails when I click on a button called, btnJobDetailBuilder. Problem: When I click on the btnJobDetailBuilder the page frmJobDetails opens but does not display the datagrid, errors, or any information.  I know that I need to do a data bind, but not sure if or how to databind to the 'Re...

GridView's data sent to another GridView control on another page
I'm trying to get send a Gridview1 control's DATA on page1.aspx to Griedview2 on page1.aspx. I tried adding to a session varible like so:page1.aspxSession["gridsData"] = GridView1;page2.aspxif (Session["gridsData"] != null){    GridView2 = ( GridView )Session["gridsData"];}When page2.aspx loads, GridView2 does not display data. There is data there, because it is NOT null in the conditional statement. Is this the best solution??Thank you,Edski Use the data itself, not the Gridview, also, I would use the cache object instead of sessionDav...

How to post data from gridview on one page to detailview on another page when select is used
I need to get data from gridview on one page to detailview on other page when I use select statement.I am able to do this on same page by using following code but not able to do this on different pageprotected void GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        DetailsView1.PageIndex = GridView1.SelectedIndex;    } Is it possible that when I use select in gridview on a particular page then only that row data appear on detail view of another page. please let me know asap. Find the Best Webhosts ...

data pass from one page to another page
 Hi,If i have a 3/4 pages and i want to pass the values of the forms and at last i save the data of the forms. Let , my each page contains about 10 values, and user can go previous page to edit. Finally, all the data of the forms are saved. I know Session , but which is the best practice for this?Thanks.. naqibdotNet Coder You have the answer: Session. You can do this: Session["data1"] = data1value; Session["data2"] = data2value; And on the page where it is needed, go: decimal price = (decimal)Session["price"]; The casting is necessary. Store each f...

how to call the data from one page the another page
i would like to call some particular record from one column of gridview from one page1 to another new page,for example:price column in page one,i would like to display the price column value in page2.any idea? Hello,   You can pass values from a gridview to another page using a hyperlink field for that particular column. Within the hyperlink control there is a value you can set in DataNavigateUrlFormatString.  I can remember the make up of the what u enter but search for that and there be loads of pages explaining.   Hope this helps. Kevin   i don really u...

getting textbox value from one page to other page....
Hello Frinds I have a question..  I am entering one userid in the textbox I am getting info from dtabase I am displying.. this userid I am using in other aspx page so i need to use this textbox userid in that page can you tell me any one how i need to get that value from one page to other page.. ASAP thanks.. I believe you can take advantage of QueryString when Passing data from one page to another.   When you redirect to the other page, you can passthe USERID as string to the Url and get that information from there Thanks for your replay Can you give me sample code sir...

TRansfering data from one page to another page?
 in my web application, when user login i get a value from called empid from database for that particular user and i wan to use that empid for entire apllication till the user logged in....How can i use same empid in entire pages????i hav to keep using responce redirect to transfer that empid from one page to another page?????  The most common way to do this is to use a Session variable.  But there are loads of ways of "maintaining state" across web pages: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Indeed, you could use a ...

Affecting a control on one page from another page
I have a page that is launched using showModalDialog, and I would like to change an HtmlInputCheckBox on the parent page when an event on the modal page is fired (in the code-behind).  Is this possible, and if so, how?  I've tried using Response.Write("<script>self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false;</script>") but this doesn't work, and I'm not sure how else to handle it.  Any suggestion would be welcome.     No, this==> self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false; you have to p...

how to transfer data one page to another page
hi. anyone help me, how to transfer data my page to another url page  using post method in asp.net with c# check out the link > Transferring page values to another pageyou will find various techniques to transfer data from one page to another page using Cookies, QueryString, Session, Application etc., using Server.Transfer / Response.Redirect...hope it helps./. Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped ...

problem in duplicating row from getting one gridview to another gridview in the same page
I am getting itemcode, itemdescription for the first gridview but I displays only item description on the gridview. Then I add items by using checkbox from the first gridview to another gridview on the same page. Then I used "Session". However when i choose the same item again, it will add new row in the second gridview. If it is same itemcode, it should overwrite. Can anyone pls help me. Here's an example for you: ASPX <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPages/Default.master" autoeventwireup="true" co...

how to bring value data from one page to another page?
 hello all...i have page1.aspx and page2.aspxin page1.aspx is containning:textbox1(text=1000)button end page2.aspx is containning:label1 i want when click button in page1.aspx, it run to page2.aspx and display like that:1000 how to make it?mycode in vb at page2 like that: label1.text= me.previouspage.findcontrol("textbox1").tostring but it's not working...what should i do?thx...  Asp.net is a stateless environment. You'll need to do something like pass the value in a query string or  store it in session and then retrieve it.Here is ...

Web resources about - get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page. - asp.net.presentation-controls

Notes Plus on the App Store on iTunes
Get Notes Plus on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Training - Algodoo
Navigation Home For Fun Algodoo Play Algodoo Physics Scenes Demo Buy For Education Algodoo for Education Lessons User stories Solutions Demo ...

Automated Test Design
... tests along with doing ET. Here's my take on a UI test for Alan's app: Open the page Check that text "Total" exists. Check that the 6 textboxes ...

Quick Answers - CodeProject

Cyprus By Bus Route Planner - Find your bus journey in Cyprus
Cyprus By Bus route planner for finding the best possible bus route between two bus stops in Cyprus. Based on origin bus stop, destination bus ...

Issues - gwen - GUI system aimed at games - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in gwen GUI system aimed at games Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search Search within: All issues ...

ASP.NET Web Forms DynamicData FieldTemplates for DbGeography Spatial Types
... Those templates are simple. Here's the Edit example. You might say, hang on, this is just a text box! I thought we weren't using TextBoxes? ...

uCan Post WordPress Plugin Demo - Cartpauj & iComNow
This is a demo for the uCan Post WordPress plugin by cartpauj. This plugin lets users create posts and site content without having to access ...

Jennifer Semtner [ Web Designer / Developer ] » CSS
If you're using Grails and the Grails UI plugin's autocomplete feature, you may have noticed all of your textboxes have disappeared in Chrome ...