Freeze Column Headers in gridview controls?

Is there a way to freeze the column header row in a gridview control?
I am displaying a large table, so the users have to scroll sideways and up and down. I tried to improve this by putting the gridview in a panel, so they can scroll using the panel's scroll buttons and I am able to specify the size of the display. However, if the users scroll down, they loose the name of the columns.

Orlando.
1
orlando_acevedo

SGWellens
5/15/2007 10:13:09 PM

Thank you for that information. It's what I need, but I need to apply this to a gridview, not a table. Is there a way to do this?

Orlando.
0
orlando_acevedo
5/18/2007 3:40:51 PM

Try: http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/f1baaf4e-ae5a-46d6-b409-03e203ea98d9.aspx

Cheers,
Chris

Remember, you can mark more than 1 post as the answer.
0
Bohunkus

Freezing the column header row of a GridView control using CSS
I am struggling getting my Gridview in ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Studio 2005 to freeze the column header row and provide for scrolling of the remaining data rows. My specific problems right now are: (IE7) column headers freeze as intended and do not scroll  BUT scroll bar is not initially visible to user (requires scrolling with mouse wheel before scroll bars are exposed in gridview) (Firefox 2.0.10) column header row just scrolls out of sight like any other row  Here is part of my default.css in my default App_Theme folder: /* So the overflow scrolls */ div.coveragesContainer ...

Has GridView control improved in VS 2008 especially for freezing column headers?
I am struggling getting my Gridview in ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Studio 2005 to freeze the column header row and provide for scrolling of the remaining data rows. My specific problems right now are:(IE7) column headers freeze and do not scroll  BUT scroll bar is not initially visible to user (requires scrolling with mouse wheel before scroll bars are exposed in gridview)(Firefox 2.0.10) column header row just scrolls out of sight like any other row Does anyone know if ASP.NET 3.5 and VStudio 2008 offer any improvements in this specific area of GridView behavior ? John Hi jjamjatra, Bas...

How can I control the width of a column in the GridView control.
From searching I see mention of ways to do it before the controls are bound. Is there a simpler way? If not, could someone explain to me how I need to go about it?Here is the code: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="id"        DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="There are no data records to display."        OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged">   &nbs...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

GridView : Freezing First Columns and Freezing Column's Headers
Hi Looking for code that freezes the first two columns and the column's headers in a GridView, so as to give a similar behavior and the appearance of Excel, but in Visual Web Developer, I've found a link that show a very efficient solution, but applies just to a DataGrid control in IE. I've found lots of additional information in the web, but I think the best aproach is this... http://web.tampabay.rr.com/bmerkey/examples/locked-column-csv.html http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/FreezePaneDatagrid.asp Please, look at this alternative solution also... may be ...

How to Freeze the Header of Visual Studio Gridview control
Visual Studio 2005, vb Hi,  I have a web form with gridview control added and would like to know how can I freeze the header row. Thanksptown http://www.codeguru.com/columns/vb/article.php/c14209 Thank you, I will let you know how things turn out.ptown...

Add Custom Control to GridView Column Header
I am trying to add a custom control to the column header in a grid view. I am doing this on RowDataBound, but that might be incorrect. The ultimate goal is to have the Custom Control appear next tot the HeaderText and still allow the HeaderText to sort the columns. Here is my code:1 If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.Header Then 2 Dim oCell As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell 3 For Each oCell In e.Row.Cells 4 Dim oHelp As New admin_controls_HelpItem 5 oHelp.ID = "hlpItem" 6 oHelp.Help...

Using Bound Controls in Gridview Column Header
Hi Folks, Please tell me how do I use bound controls in Gridview Column Header. Lets say, I want to see the User Name as the Header Text for a Gridview Column.Red in Heart... Hi, I think, If you want to bind any field in your database to the Header of the Column in the GridView control. Then you can add a TemplateField in the gridview control and then add a Textbox or Label field in the HeaderTemplate and then bind it to the field in your Database table. Regards, Manish www.ComponentOne.com    Manish Singhalwww.ComponentOne.com Try this,  <asp:TemplateField> ...

There is a Gridview Control in the tmplate field of another GridView Control.
    For instance,a gridview displays the information of the  students in a class.A table is recording the information except their mark.There is another table recording the mark of the students whose foreign key is the primary key of the previous table.   string strSQLconnection=".................."; SqlConnection sqlCononection=new SqlConnection(strSQLconnection); SqlCommand sqlCommand=new SqlCommand("select * from stuendent where classID=1",sqlConnection); SqlConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader reader=sqlCommand.ExecuteReader(); GridVie...

validation controls in gridview control
hi, I m using the grid view to add,edit,update,delete the data table. Everything is fine.In the footertemplate i get the values through text boxes and drop down lists.i took place sm validation controls to validate these controls.the problem arises here.if i want to update the record after i click the edit button, it validate the page n dont allow me to update the record.I want to validate the particular controls only. i checked if any causes validation property for update button.there is nothing like that. pls help me.. thanks in advance gowri  regards,gowripillaimark as answer if...

Web resources about - Freeze Column Headers in gridview controls? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Russell Crowe needs to stop fighting players and take control of his club again
Souths need only look to the Roosters to see how fundamental change is needed

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

ProPublica’s Lois Beckett Will Cover Gun Control for Guardian US
... to start applying those skills at a new media home. Starting next month, she will be a senior reporter at Guardian US focusing on gun control. ...

China tightens controls on moving money overseas
Chinese banks are delaying and even blocking some foreign exchange transactions, a move that could hurt demand for foreign assets including Australian ...

New Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 could have its own Control Center toggle
In all likelihood, youll be able to toggle the new Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 right from Control Center. It came from Canada At least thats ...

Pregnancy cost control thoughts
... I am cleaning out my interesting article bucket: Health Affairs has an intriguing study from Minnesota on the effectiveness of doulas to control ...

Simple free app alerts you when a program (or hacker) takes control of your webcam
... can take over your webcam without you knowing about it. That's right, malware, hackers or even government agencies like the NSA can take control ...

Top 10 Techniques for Taking Control of Your Anxiety in the New Year
... seek professional advice to rule out any underlying medical condition you may have or the need of medication. If you're ready to take control ...