Format text field and field text box in datagrid

I have a column that allows the user to edit the datagrid.  When the Edit link is clicked, only one column is editable...this works.  The problems are that:
1) the text box is only 75% of the width of the column
2) when i type text into the text field, the size is a lot larger than the text in other non-editable columns
3) the height of the text-box is too high.

In summar, how can i format the editable field?

I have tried doing so, in the Propery Builder>Format and changing the settings in the 'Edit Mode Items', that does not help.  I'm trying to use the XX-Small text size...

0
Raymond

Did you try to edit the Height and Width of the TextBox control in the edit template in design mode?
Mohammad Musa, Bangladesh
0
musa
7/10/2005 8:51:46 PM

Please excuse me...but i don't really understand what you mean.  I have a datagrid with only one editable column.  The column is a 'Bound Column'.  I try formatting it by:

- selecting the datagrid and clicking the 'Property Builder'
- then i clicked the 'Format' side menu option and try formatted the text box that way.

Could you please clarify...thanks....

0
Raymond

ASE text field to ASA text field
Hi I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write text fields properly but it requires a size parameter. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the SQL I'm trying to run; insert asa_invt_prod_note select invt_prod_id,note_type,note,fpi_rep_status_flag,created_date,created_by,up...

DataGrid field and a URL text field
Hello,  I created a datagrid on a form and with a query I fill the datagrid with information from a table in Access.  All the data from the table is displayed in the datagrid fields, except for two. I'll call them FieldA and FieldB. Usually these fields contain URL information. If there happens to be other information other than a url in these fields then this data does display however a url does not. An example of the contents of a field that won't display could be: <http://www.msnbc.com> What I need to do is display the url an...

RE: ASA text field to ASA text field
Hi Sorry the versions I was using for the problem below were. Using ASE version 11.9.2.5 Using ASA version 6.0.3.3113 I'm trying to push data from ASE text to ASA text, I also had problems pulling an ASE text field from ASA using proxy tables. I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write...

Formatting Text Field to Display in a Date Format in a DataGrid
I receive a text field from the database that I need to display in a date format in a datagrid column.  Since it is a text field instead of a date field the normal DataFormatString does not help.For example, I'll receive 20040201 (it's stored in a text field instead of a date field unfortunately) but need to display it as 02-01-2004.  In classic ASP I could do this using something like   strDate = MID(objRS("fieldname"),5,2) & "-"   strDate = strDate & RIGHT(objRS("fieldname"),2) & "-"   strDate = strDate &...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Validation Control
I've been building a web form-to-email type application over the past couple of days and am currently tweaking the validation controls. I've done all the RequiredFieldValidators and added a regular expression to the email field to check for the @ but how do I write an expression for something like a "Name" field where it finds any number values entered as invalid? Pete try this: ^[a-zA-Z]$ also, have a look at : RegExLib regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Thanks for the link...I saw that earlier. For some reason the regular expres...

format text box fields
Does anyone know of a way to auto format a number, like SS number. so while the user is typing the number in the textbox, after the first 3 digits, the Dash would appear, etc. bevbev you will have to use client side scripting like javascript or vbscript. When the content of the field changes you would then run your script function to format it. You'd have to do it with client-side code obviously. Probably use the KeyDown or KeyUp event to evaluate the length of the current string and insert or remove the dash as necessary. The onChange event of the textbox won't work because you w...

How to get HTML formatted text in SQL Text field
I have a SQL Server table with a colun of type "Text" that contains HTML. How can I load this HTML into some type of html control/container so it can be added to another control on my page using the syntax: ControOnPage.Controls.Add(xxx) The "xxx" is what I don't know how to create from a "Text" field type that contains HTML. Thanks. well one thing you could do is create a new literal control and add that to the page's control collection, just as you wrote, but use a literal control as the container: ControlOnPage.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl...

How to insert fields in a multiline text box format?
I'm doing a message board that require a message added with a multiline textbox. But how can I do it with visual studio 2.0? I just cannnot find a multiline textbox in VS 2.0 when doing a insert statement. Thanks....

MailMerge fields count not detecting mail merge fields in text boxes
I am trying to determine if a mail merge template has any mail merge fields before I perform a .Execute operation (to prevent errors). Everything works fine in my code except when the user places mail merge fields within a text box. In this case the following command does not detect the mail merge fields and always returns 0: ll_count = Long(iole_word_template.Documents.item(ls_template_window).MailMerge.Fields. Count) where iole_word_template is my word template object and ls_template_window is the name of the template window. Has anyone seen this before or have any informati...

Text box text formatting
Hi,  Is there any easy way in ASP.Net in Visual Studio 2005 to create a text format bar for a text box? Some one mentioned to me that there is a control in the toolbox to do this but i can't seem to find it.  Any Ideas?I'm new. Please be gentle. Are you looking for something like a FreeTextBox?http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Hi Darrell, Yes thats the sort of thing i am looking for but because i am a student i have to use the tools already availab...

MailMerge fields count not detecting mail merge fields in text boxes
I am trying to determine if a mail merge template has any mail merge fields before I perform a .Execute operation (to prevent errors). Everything works fine in my code except when the user places mail merge fields within a text box. In this case the following command does not detect the mail merge fields and always returns 0: ll_count = Long(iole_word_template.Documents.item(ls_template_window).MailMerge.Fields. Count) where iole_word_template is my word template object and ls_template_window is the name of the template window. Has anyone seen this before or have any informati...

text field with prepopulated text
I have a web form, there is an address text field, for my purpose, I only need it into this one field for street address city, state, zip. I would like to have something like street address city, state, zip in the text box when page load, but when the user click the text field, it goes blank, so the user can enter their own address. How can I do this? Thanks Hi,this can be done by prefilling it in the page_load for example and then use javascript onfocus event to clear out the value of the textbox. Another way to go is to use the Textboxwatermark extender from the ASP.NET AJAX Control ...

Ritch Text Box control from Free Text Box
I have a client that is complaintaning about how hurd it is to format a html page with that tool it is great for someone like us who knows how to work with HTML and all that.. is it a good program or tool that i can show him so he ca format a page for easily ?? right now is using Word and do a copy paste..but its not showing off the same thing... thanx.I like programming If he is using word you might want to look at this... Peters MHTML Control Cheers, Dave...

Web resources about - Format text field and field text box in datagrid - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject