Format numbers in formview so that decimal points line up

How do I format the numbers in a FormView control (and presumabaly in the other databound view controls) so that the decimal points line up? I'm displaying data using asp:label controls and for formatting I've used the curly bracket format with Eval:

Text='<%# Eval("ClearedBalance", "{0:n2}") %>'

Although this nicely presents numbers with a decimal point and two digits after the decimal point, everything is left justified, which means the decimal points don't line up if there are a mix of numbers less than ten, over ten, over a hundred etc. I can't find a way of right justifying the data in a label.

0
Blim

What I usually do is add a regular html table to the formview and then move all of my labels and text boxes into the table cells.  I then use the alignment properties of the columns and rows to left or right justify my controls.  Provided that you have your label widths set to 0 or blank the labels should auto-grow to fit the text/numbers displayed.
Whether you think you can or you think you can't; you're right.
If Heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, then I don't wanna go... - Uncle Cracker
0
DetroitJ

Formatting number with and without decimal point
Can anyone describe how to format a number so that it will show decimal places when there are some but then show the number as an integer (no decimal point) when there are none. Ex. when rounded to 2 decimal places 2.75 should show as 2.75 2.50 should show as 2.5 2.00 should show as 2 Thanks Jay well ... for number display formats, the # represents a number and 0 represents a required number so ... #.## should be what you're looking for Jim On 6 Feb 2008 09:26:12 -0800, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Jay> wrote: >Can anyone describe how...

Formatting number with and without decimal point
This is more of a generic powerbuilder question, but can anyone describe how to format a number so that it will show decimal places when there are some but then show the number as an integer (no decimal point) when there are none. Ex. when rounded to 2 decimal places 2.75 should show as 2.75 2.50 should show as 2.5 2.00 should show as 2 Thanks Jay ...

Need to format float with no decimals or decimal point.
Is there a format for float that displays only the integer portion?  Or at the least, integer portion and decimal point but no digits to right? Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f}") Thank you, What about this: Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f0}")Limno Wow - thanks.  Is there a good reference book that has all the format forms, control structures and properties.  Everything I have has a the essentials but nothing in depth.  I know this kind of thing is simple but is sure is a lot to try and remember. Thank you,  You can sear...

Cascading Dropdown error in formview controls and finding all controls in formview controls
can help with the following? Instantiate Cascading Dropdowns within Formview controls (this returns the error message "databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control".) Pass values between controls within master controls such as Textboxes within formviews (example: Pass the selected value in a dropdownlist to another textbox both WITHIN a formview control) Expose the public properties of a master page Hi arraybiz, 1) I need your code. See sample: http://www.mikepope.com/blog/fun/cascadingdropdowns_dy...

inserting a decimal number from.net to stored proc. with decimal parameter
I'm trying to enter large number 99999999, (8 digits) converting to decimal in .NET, then using that as a parameter in stored proc. which has a decimal type (decimal(15,2) as a parameter. C#:if (txtAnnualizedSaving.Text.Trim() != string.Empty) {try { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = Convert.ToDecimal(txtAnnualizedSaving.Text); // only for testing ....scale = (System.Decimal.GetBits(sdata.AnnualizedSaving)[3] >> 16) & 31; }catch { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = 0; } }   ... In the business object I have the following code:private bool UpdateData() {bool ret = false; try ...

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

How to format a percent number as decimal using string.format in VB?
Hi, I have a GridView-Control with labels which contain numbers in percentformat, which are formatted in the RowDataBound-Event, but when I try to update the GridView i get the Invalid String format Exception because the labels are in the percentage Format like -27,5% but i need this number as double-value like 0.275. How can I convert the number from percentage to number? Any idea?  Thanks in forward,  Vlad  Dim str as string = percentlabel.Text ' Get rid of percentage sign str = str.Replace("%", "") ' Check if you can convert dim dbl as ...

Number format control
c syntax equivalent: printf ("%3.0f",Value); /*if value =3D 123.456 = result would be 123*/ What is the equivalent perl command outputting a floating point number = without decimals. I read telephone from the database and they print as = 6704046.0 I want to get rid of the .0 On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:02:47 +0000, Jattie Van Der Linde wrote: > c syntax equivalent: printf ("%3.0f",Value); /*if value = 123.456 result would be 123*/ > > What is the equivalent perl command ... printf "%3.0f", $Value; Cheerio, Janek -------------...

How to format numbers in FormView
Hi all.. In a DataGridView a DataFormatString property exists so that numbers can be formatted (for example, thousand and decimal separators). How can it be done in FormView? If I have an Edit Item Template inside a FormView, I placed some TextBoxes that are bound to numeric data columns. By default, if the number returned from the database doesn't have decimals (i.e. it's an integer), the number is displayed as "n.0000". I need to customize the numeric format. Thanks Jaime You can write a helper function to do the conversion in the code behind.  Then bind it to the textbox's...

format a decimal number
Hi, How do i specify a decimal number to take only two numbers after the "."? for example:if i have this number in a lable 23.222342114, how do i write my cobe to be displayed only like this 23.22 ?? thanks, use  thenumber.ToString("0.00");...

.net control formatting
this is a formatting issue for a .net control and may include html.  its with vs2005, using vb.net for the code behind my issue is this: I have a screen where the user can a record that he selects, however for the one texbox the maxlength is equal to 100 so what i'm seeing happen sometimes when the user enters 100 characters the textbox becomes much bigger than the window size, the window size is a fixed size that I cannot change.  I tried setting the width of the td and the textbox but that does not help.  is there a way that I can set the textbox to scrollable so it ca...

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

How do I control parameter a control that is inside a formview that has another formview in it?
I have a formview2 within another formview1 but I want to control parameter from a sqlDataSource3 outside the formview a control that is in formview2<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" SelectCommand='SELECT "USER,UID" FROM "TUSERS"'><asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">    <ItemTemplate>        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("USER") %>'></asp:La...

Web resources about - Format numbers in formview so that decimal points line up - asp.net.presentation-controls

Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Beta
In this article, Scott discusses the recently released beta version of Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. He starts with ...

Visual Studio 11 Beta in Context
... data controls. I blogged about this before in my Elegant Web Forms post . There's two way data-binding in controls like the FormView now instead ...

Visual Studio General Questions Forum
Sign in Home Samples Languages Extensions Documentation Community Forums CodePlex User Voice File a Bug Get started for free Visual Studio Developer ...

Advanced Residential Search
HOME MEMBERS WHAT IS WERS LINKS NEWS CONTACT US CERTIFIED PRODUCTS HUB Search Members Members Info Members Area WERS Simulators About WERS FAQs ...

Delicious
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.

ASP.NET Web Forms DynamicData FieldTemplates for DbGeography Spatial Types
... - 10 Tutorials Mixing Razor Views and WebForms Master Pages with ASP.NET MVC DbGeography FieldTemplates for ASP.NET Web Forms Here's a FormView ...