Footer not displaying in gridview control....

I am trying to make the footer display that is discused in the example in the link below
Displaying Summary Data in the Footer

I put a breakpoint in the code below and watched the footer values get set but a footer row is never displayed.  What is not set correctly?

protected
void GridView1_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) {

if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) {

totalPrice = totalPrice + Convert.ToDecimal(DataBinder.Eval(e.Row.DataItem, "UnitPrice"));totalQuantity = totalQuantity + Convert.ToInt32(DataBinder.Eval(e.Row.DataItem, "Quantity"));

}

else if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.Footer) {

e.Row.Cells[0].Text = "Totals:";

e.Row.Cells[2].Text = totalPrice.ToString("c");

e.Row.Cells[1].Text = totalQuantity.ToString("d");

e.Row.Cells[3].Text = " ";

e.Row.Cells[4].Text = " ";

e.Row.BackColor = System.Drawing.
Color.Aqua;e.Row.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black;

e.Row.Cells[1].HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right;

e.Row.Cells[2].HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right;

e.Row.Visible = true;

e.Row.Enabled = true;

}

}

0
pnslcs

have u created a footer row column in the designer?

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
1/11/2008 5:52:26 AM

You can refer to the code below to show the TextBox control in the footer of the GridView control.

Me.GridView1.ShowFooter = True

End Sub

Protected Sub GridView1_RowCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowCreated

Dim tb As New TextBox

If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.Footer Then

e.Row.Cells(0).Controls.Add(tb)

End If

End Sub

 Regards,

Manish

www.ComponentOne.com

Manish Singhal
www.ComponentOne.com
0
manish

You should set the ShowFooter Attribute in your GridView to TRUE  like

        <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowFooter="True">
            <Columns>
                <asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True" />
                <asp:BoundField  DataField="FieldName" />
                <asp:TemplateField>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                      <FooterTemplate>
                               <asp:Button ID="Button23" runat="server" Text="Button Footer" />
                      </FooterTemplate>

                </asp:TemplateField>

            </Columns>
        </asp:GridView>

Hope my suggestion helps

Regards,Vinz

vinz
1/11/2008 7:11:33 AM

Vinz,

 Thanks!!  I just completely missed that property when reviewing the properties for the control.

 Patrick

0
pnslcs

Menu control is displaying behind Gridview control
I have placed a menu control just above the gridview control but when i click the menu control it displaysome of the menu options and rest of the menu options display behind the gridview.Is there anyway any option which make the menu to display over gridview.Mark as answer if anybody's post has helped you Typically the ZIndex will control that: http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pos_z-index.aspDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you --...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

How to Display Sum Total in the Footer of the GridView Control
I found an answer for this question. "How to Display Sum Total in the Footer of the GridView Control" But this resource was written in aspx source. I wanted to convert this to "Code Behind" style but it's not working out. Please help me. [Original working source]  aspx <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <script runat="server"> Dim TotalUnitPrice As Decimal = 0.0 Function GetUnitPrice(ByVal Price As Decimal) As Decimal TotalUnitPrice += Price ...

There is a Gridview Control in the tmplate field of another GridView Control.
    For instance,a gridview displays the information of the  students in a class.A table is recording the information except their mark.There is another table recording the mark of the students whose foreign key is the primary key of the previous table.   string strSQLconnection=".................."; SqlConnection sqlCononection=new SqlConnection(strSQLconnection); SqlCommand sqlCommand=new SqlCommand("select * from stuendent where classID=1",sqlConnection); SqlConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader reader=sqlCommand.ExecuteReader(); GridVie...

SqlDataSource Control and Gridview control
Hi, I'm new to web development and learning about these controls.  The books teach you to bind the gridview control to an sqldatasource to perform delete,update,insert functions as well as to list the records in a table.  Is this standard practice for real world applications?  Or is there another way that should be used to display/manage table data in the gridview control? Thanks. Tulsi Using a sqldatasource is the best way I know of for binding data to a gridview.  (I'm pretty new to web development too, so maybe someone else can chime in if they know someth...

Validation controls displayed over other controls
Does anyone know of away to display a validation control on top of a dropdownlist? Or any other ideas on how to display an error message on top of a dropdownlist. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too deep in programming. Hi, first of all, most people are used to see validation controls, being it either in a web application or a winforms application, right of the control that needs attention. Being said that you could use the z-index of CSS to display a <span> or <div> tag above your control and put the validation control inside that html tag that you display above y...

using controlS to control a gridview
This question is probably posted but i did not bother to look at 10,000+ posts so i am sorry. I've seen the tutorial where he builds a dataset and uses a gridview and controls the gridview with the drop down list box. What i am trying to do is to control the gridview with 2 drop down list boxes. First select the Country you life in and then the State. I've looked at the grid view properties but couldn't find where i can add another parameter. Is it possible to control a grid view (or any form of displaying the information) with more than 1 controller? Thank You.  ...

Precise Control over GridView controls?
Hi.When you create a GridView in visual studios and bind it to, say, an SqlDataSource, it automatically creates fields and templates according to the types retrieved from the data source. (ie, it creates a Label for number/string columns, checkboxField for booleans, etc). My question: How do I control precisely what WebControls/Fields are used for each column?thanks,Tombow Hi Tombow Using TemplateFields you can control that explicitly.  See the Data Tutorial #12 at http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63 for more details. Hope that helps. AaronDon't...

validation controls in gridview control
hi, I m using the grid view to add,edit,update,delete the data table. Everything is fine.In the footertemplate i get the values through text boxes and drop down lists.i took place sm validation controls to validate these controls.the problem arises here.if i want to update the record after i click the edit button, it validate the page n dont allow me to update the record.I want to validate the particular controls only. i checked if any causes validation property for update button.there is nothing like that. pls help me.. thanks in advance gowri  regards,gowripillaimark as answer if...

Update other controls after a Postback has fired from another control - eg insert data
Hi This is a slight modification to the personalweb asp.net template which shipped with VS2005 I have a web form - linked to a master with two content placeholders left and right: #1 In the left i have a formview containing a textbox + button - and a datasrouce object with an insertmethod - this calls a method to insert the textbox data into table albums: #2 In the right  i have a gridview which has a datasource this has a selectmethod which calls a select method from table albums. Because i am using a maser template with two content placeholders i cannot use the same ObjectD...

Web resources about - Footer not displaying in gridview control.... - asp.net.presentation-controls

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...