Export Datagrid value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet)

Hai

Export Datagrid  value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet). I want to copy the content of datagrid(dataset ) to excel sheet . Also i want to  change the header style(Change the background color of the header in excel sheet). Pls help me..................

0
vijukr

Data Export from DataGrid Control to Excel Sheet
Hello: I am using the following code block to perform a simple export of data from a DataGrid control into an Excel document. Basically, I'm writing the HTML to a worksheet... see below. Response.ContentType = "application.vnd.msexcel" Response.Charset = "" Me.EnableViewState = False Dim tw As New System.IO.StringWriter Dim hw As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(tw) ' Get the HTML for the control. dgLabelExporList.RenderControl(hw) Dim ExcelFileName As String = "excelfile.xl...

How to export datagrid field values to Excel Sheet
  Hai,   How to export datagrid field values to Excel Sheet. I have a datagrid and i have to export the grid field values to one excel sheet... Maybe this will help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319180Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group thanks ......

Pull data from excel sheet into another excel sheet. Automate it
I have following requirement:- 1. Need to write a script that can be scheduled to run after every one hour. The script should be able to pull the data from an excel sheet (saved on file system) after every one hour and replace the excel sheet already stored somewhere else with the latest contents. Incase the new excel does not exist. it should be able to create that excel as well and populate with the data from the excel sheet being extracted from.   So, I need how to automate this script to run every one hour. and how to pull the data from excel sheet into another.   ...

Exporting datagrid to excel sheet
Hi, I am getting problem  When i export the datagrid to Excel it looses it format. For Example numbers say '002345'.will become 2345,1.000 become 1. when i export the grid to excel sheet.I also see asp.net forum and also apply style also. But the problem remain the same. Plz help me ..  Amit Dhingra What environment are you in?   What tool/method are you using to do the Excel export?~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ I am using  C#.. Here is the code protected void Export_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  s...

Export Report to Excel Workbook, not individual Excel Sheet
I have a MS Report Viewer that displays 8 different reports based on a parameter that is passed by a Drop Down selection with AutoPostback.  Instead of using the Export option on the ReportViewer control to export each report to a seperate Excel Sheet, I would like an option (or automatically) to send that report to an Excel workbook with tabs for each sheet.  Can this be done.  I am using VS 2008, ASP.NET 3.5 and C#. This would be a big plus for my government project. Thanks in advance.   Hi, You can use ADO.Net to export to your data to Excel Sheet based on th...

In gridview export to excel how to get colors in excel sheet
 Hello All, I am struck with a small problem here.I am displaying a gridview with some colorful rows.But when I am exporting the gridview to excel these colors are not appearing.Please give me a solution.Below i am giving the class file i used to export gridview to excel. public void ExportGridToExcel(DataSet ds, HttpResponse response,string file_name)    {        //first let's clean up the response.object        response.Clear();        response.AddHeade...

how to insert a textbox value into an excel sheet using excel.workbook object in a windows application and read a value from a particular cell
Hi EveryOne , Im in problem im working on windows application n im sorry to post my problem here i ddint find any onther alternate solution so i have to do this , ne ways im working on an windows application i need to export the data ebtered into the textbox1 to a particular cell of an excel sheet and this will generate a value in an another excel sheet so i hav to read that value from that cell and display bac to the another textbox of my application from that excel file so how to do it and i have been adviced to dis by using excel workbook and im not much aware of it so plz can u ppl hel...

Export multi datagrid to a sheet of excel
Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am new member .I have two datagrids .The first datagrid have 3 column : Name,ID,Sex,AgeThe second datagrid have 5 column(Experience) :Experiencecode,Location,Startdate,Enddate,GradeI want to export two datagrid for a sheet of excel.Everybody here??????? Try this codeSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum...

How do i save a excel sheet in a Microsoft office excel workbook format?
Response.ClearHeaders()Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;filename=exportedlist.xls") Response.AppendHeader("Content-Type", "application/vnd.ms-excel") Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Dim sw As IO.StringWriter = New IO.StringWriter() Dim htw As New HtmlTextWriter(sw) GridView.RenderControl(htw) Response.Write(sw.ToString()) Response.End() I had this coding which i can download to excel from a gridview. But when i open the downloaded excel file, the format appears to be a webpage and it is s...

Export to excel
Hi, I'm exporting data into multiple sheets on a single workbook. For each entitiy selected by me on the screen, I create add a sheet in the workbook. This has been done. But when I open the excel sheets and do a View -> Page Break Preview, I see that the sheet is not in the printable format. Is there any way to make a sheet printable when it gets exported? Any pointers will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your help! Subha Fernando    Hey i am looking for something similar... did you find the solution for your problem, can you please post code here??? thanks in adv...

How to export multiple datagrids to single excel sheet ?
Hi, I have displayed multiple datagrids in different layers in a page and I have a button upon clicking, the datagrids must be exported to excel sheet. However, currently it is exporting only the total amount row of each grid instead of whole data. In other words, if I have 3 grids on my page, it is exporting only 3 rows to excel sheet. The same code is working fine for single grid. Can anyone help me in this regard ? Thanks & Regards, Vishu. This pretty much depends on the way you are performing the export. By using usual way of exporting the Grid to Excel, only one spr...

Problem with exporting datagrid contents to excel sheet.
Hi All,I have an ASP.NET web site hosted on IIS6 on the internet. It is accessed using Https.One of the functionalities of the website is that , It will export reports that are shown on the datagrid in an aspx page,to an excel file when export button is clicked.The functionality was working perfectly when the website was hosted on the intranet.After the website was hosted on the net in our company's DMZ zone(HTTPS access over internet), when the export button was clicked The following errormessage is shown "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site.the requested site is not a...

Datagrid & exporting data to an Excel Sheet.
Hi, I have a datagrid that I am downloading to an excel sheet with column headers and its working fine. The problem is that at the top of this page it has the name of the report, date and company name. I need to download this name of the report, date and company name to the excel sheet as well. To solve this problem what I did was I added all these tilles to an asp panel and download the panel to the excel sheet as well. Here is the code Panel1.RenderControl(oHtmlTextWriter) DataGrid1.RenderControl(oHtmlTextWriter) Now its downloading the titles to the excel sheet but it...

how can i export datagrid contents to excel sheet
H friends pls suggest how can i export datagrid contents to excel   Regards Prakash   Hi Prakash, use the below code it helps you -----------code-------------- Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  Set the content type to Excel.    Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"    ' Remove the charset from the Content-Type header.    Response.Charset = ""    ' Turn off the view state.    Me.EnableViewState = False    Dim tw A...

Web resources about - Export Datagrid value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet) - asp.net.presentation-controls

Formatted text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Formatted text cannot rightly be identified with binary files or be distinct from ASCII text. This is because formatted text is not necessarily ...

Received a badly formatted email on your mobile? 75 percent of you will delete it
A survey by Constant Contact shows that mobile devices are more important than ever, particularly to those under the age of 30. The study reveals ...

Quickly view formatted PDFs in your search results
Google search results sometimes include documents that were not originally formatted to be viewed in a web browser, such as PDFs. In the past, ...

Now in Google search results: Formatted PDFs
Google has launched a new search option called Quick View that allows users to open formatted PDF filesnot just HTML viewing of documentsfrom ...

Proxy ports showing formatted text in Mountain Lion
An interface bug in the OS X Network system preferences shows unconventional port string formats, but does not affect OS X performance.

It’s Markdown, no, PowerShell. Wait its Markdown formatted PowerShell.
... "Current DateTime is = $([System.DateTime]::Now)" ### Escape characters with the ` (back-tick) "Escape a quotation `"This is quoted`"." Formatted ...

Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted
Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted

HBO cancels 'In Treatment' 'as previously formatted'
HBO just made it official: In Treatment will not return for a fourth season. The psychotherapist drama won plenty of critical acclaim and Emmy ...

FAA GPS data formatted for your use
[Michael] posted up-to-date GPS data sets in the GPX format . These data sets are an alternative to paid updates. Since GPX is a published standard ...

Converting Mac-formatted iPod to Windows - iLounge Article
Q: In reading your FAQ and previous columns, I see that it is possible to use a Mac-formatted iPod on a Windows PC through the use of a third-party ...