Excel download and upload the downloaded excel feature issue in .Net 2.0

Hi,

I have a .Net application (C#) which has excel download and upload feature.I have to implement downloading the excel and uploading the same excel in the SQL Server 2005 database. If anybody has worked on that feature, kindly guide me how to implement those features. When I try to upload a template with some values populated, it is getting populated in the database successfully. But when I try to download the excel through application and upload it, I could not open the connection. Getting "External table is not in the expected format" message. My connection string is  string excelConnectionString = ("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" + ("Data Source="                            + strFileName + (";" + "Extended Properties=Excel 12.0;")));  I am using OleDbConnection and OleDbDataReader for opening and traversing the excel sheet. Kindly guide me whether is there any work around for this issue?
0
nareshkrishnakumark

It may be because you are reconstructing the Excel for download from a table or GridView or DataSet or whatever.  If you are, then it is not a genuine Excel spreadsheet.  It's an html representation of one, and the Jet Provider doesn't understand it - although Excel does. You have two options that I can think of - one is to only work with Excel, so that means writing new data to an existing workbook, and the other is to forget Excel, and get people to enter the data into a web form instead.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Download SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.0.2 Beta 2, a Royalty Free Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component
SpreadsheetGear for .NET SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable. SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of E...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

GridView control exporting to Excel in Net 2.0
Well, I did my homework and found 33,868 references to issues with the gridview control and Excel, none of which were close to whats happening with my app. I have a Gridview control on my VB.NET main page and when I right click on it the popup allows me to export to Excel just fine..5-6 columns, less than 100 rows..when I do the same on another page I get an Excel error popup : "This web query returned no data.."..both grids have a (Select) button in the 1st column. The one that works is simply that...the one that doesn't has the Button.Text defined as something e...

SpreadsheetGear for .NET Release Candidate, a royalty free Microsoft Excel spreadsheet component for the Microsoft .NET Framework, is available for download.
9/12/2005 - SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable. SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of Excel's financial, date, ...

Datawindow .NET 2.0 download
Is it possible to download an evaluation/beta version of Datawindow .NET 2.0? I would like to have a "try before buy" ride. Thanks. An evaluation version should be available for download within the next few days. Look for the Try link at www.sybase.com/datawindow.net. Right now it still points to the 1.5 evaluation version, but that should be updated soon. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 27 Mar 2006 09:40:44 -0800, "Juraj Nevesely" <arieli@funradio.sk> wrote: >Is it possible to download an evaluation/beta version of Datawindow .NET >2.0...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Extra features in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0
Dear All, Please tell me what is new in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0  Thanks & Regardserneeraj v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Has anyone downloaded .NET 2.0 Beta?
I downloaded .NET 2.0 beta and found that code using dataset insert new row at top of datagrids is broken. Any suggestions to fix it? The code(that works fine with Net 1.1) is at: http://www.learnasp.com/freebook/learn/xmlbooksedit.aspx or below <%@ Page Language="vb" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <script runat="server"> Private strConnection As String = "server=localhost;uid...

Web resources about - Excel download and upload the downloaded excel feature issue in .Net 2.0 - asp.net.presentation-controls

Downloaded (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It follows Napster from its rise in 1998, through the swarm of lawsuits that ensued and to its acquisition by Rhapsody in 2011. Some of those ...

Can I still use the Rooms app if I’ve already downloaded it? - Rooms für iPhone
Rooms will be closing its doors on December 23, 2015. After then the app will switch to read-only mode and you’ll no longer be able to post. ...

All sizes - (1) Shazam'd an REM song, (2) downloaded their best of, (3) listened it - Flickr - Photo ...

Downloaded - Trailer - YouTube
http://www.trailerobsessed.com A VH1 Documentary about the Downloading generation, and the global impact of peer-to-peer filesharing. The bands, ...

Google Maps for iPhone downloaded by 10m
Google Maps became the top free app in the Apple App Store just a few hours after it was released late on Thursday. Now, we know just how popular ...

Snowden downloaded NSA secrets while working for Dell: sources
Edward Snowden downlaoded documents on US spying while working for Dell in April 2012, sources say.

Derek Rielly: I…uh…might have downloaded the Dallas Buyers Club
What surprises life throws at a man. Who knew that, one day, I'd be thrilled to've signed an overpriced two-year contract with Telstra's Big ...

Downloaded Q&A w/ Janet Pierson, Alex Winters (Dir.) Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning (Napster) - YouTube ...
Q&A w/ Janet Pierson (SXSW), Alex Winters (Dir.) Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning after a screening of DOWNLOADED, a documentary about the creation ...

Xbox One to allow loaning, trading of downloaded games
Microsoft senior director Albert Penello says "that has to be part of the experience" eventually, along with subsidized console promotions

800K TV episodes and 350K movies downloaded per day on iTunes
... and WatchESPN have joined Apple TV. Plus, HBO GO and WatchESPN have joined Apple TV. Apple has this week revealed that iTunes users have downloaded ...