Element 'Repeater' is not a known element.

Hello All,

 I get the following error on one of my content pages ...Element 'Repeater' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site I also receive this error for other tags such as Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web.

 I have no problems on other content pages and can't seem to understand what is going on.   Any suggestions?  The page actually displays perfectly, but since it has these errors the intellisense in the aspx page is not working.

 Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

0
DeskingFan

 I have the same issue. However my issue is because I have VS Orcas installed and Vs 2005 isn't recognizing the right AJAX libraries. Thus, any control I have that's inside an updatePanel gives me the same ugly error.

 For my scenario, there's no way around it right now :\

The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.

My Site | My Examples | My Blog

0
RTernier
10/24/2007 8:57:07 PM

Very Odd this problem resolved itself, I'm guessing that there are issues with Visual Studio 2005.

0
DeskingFan

Masterpages and Standard Controls
Hi there - have searched this forum and other which have suggestions around this problem...but...am still stuck: Have been using the AJAX controls with no problems....when I added a Masterpage the fun began.  When I add a new page which references the Masterpage, a large number of the standard controls report the error like Element xyz not a known element e.g., ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, Label and Textbox.  I have updated my tags in the config file with no improvement.  Tried reloading the toolbar controls, again no luck. I cannot get the std ...

The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'.
I create a new fresh DynamicDataWebSite, made no modifications.  When the web.config is open I get the following warning in the error list Warning 1 The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'. c:\***\DynData\DynamicDataWebSite\web.config 117 4 DynamicDataWebSite I'm not sure how to proceed. When I attempt to run the default project (I have made NO modifications) I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. The Dynam...

Element 'CollapsiblePanelExtender' is not a known element.
I get this error no matter what AJAX control I attempt to use. As long as I'm in design mode in Studio 05, I get no errors, but the second I go into source mode, there are the errors, on every AJAX control. And there is no Intellisense on any of the controls.  My code: <asp:ImageButton ID="btnTools" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/menuTools.gif" BorderStyle="None" /><asp:Panel ID="pnlTools" runat="server" Width="204px" CssClass="clsNinetyFivePercentFont">    <asp:HyperLink ID="hlT01" runat="server" NavigateUrl="#" Text="<span style='text-decoration:...

Element 'CalendarExtender' is not a known element.
I have an ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX web application that was working fine using AJAX.  I recently opened the project and found the following error for each extender. Example:   "Element 'CalendarExtender' is not a known element.  This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."  and  "unknown server tag 'ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender'.   I am also using MaskedEditExtenders and NumericaUPDownExtender which get these same errors.  I have removed VS.NET 2005 and AJAX 1.0 Extender and Toolkit as well as the 2.0 ...

Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.
Hi all;VS 2005 is not finding the needed reference for the ScriptManager tag:Error    1    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional):                Element 'title' occurs too few times.Error    2    Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.                This can occur if there is a compilation error           &nb...

Element 'CrystalReportViewer' is not a known element.
 I am trying to load a cr report in my .aspx page and i get this error. Here is my code.  what am i doing wrong? how can i load this report ? please help <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <CR:CrystalReportViewer id="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" Width="350px" Height="50px" ReportSource='<%# "d:\website2\rptCustom.rpt" %>'> </CR:CrystalReportViewer>   </div> </form>-------------------------Anything is possible. If Post.Solved.Problem Then " Mark As Answer "End If You need to add this to your...

Element 'CrystalReportSource' is not a known element.
Hi, I created a web page which loads CR report but i want to have this code to pull information from db by user entry but when i try to run the project i get this error Element 'CrystalReportSource' is not a known element. & Unknown server tag 'cr:CrystalReportSource'. Here is my code. Hope someone would be able to help me out. <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="cr" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="...

Element 'Accordion' is not a known element
I am the newbie to learn the ASP.NET AJAX.I have found that I can use the Control Toolkit in the local drive only. It works in the debug mode. However, it doesn't work in the other network drive where the code is developed. A website is created by Toolkit Template "AjaxControlToolkitWebSite1". The error is "Element 'Accordion' is not a known element". The "AjaxControlToolkit.dll" is placed in the bin. Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element
Hi All, I get the error "Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element" After a little googling, I found the next code to place in my web.config <controls><add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/><add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.Controls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/><add tagPrefix="ajax...

Element 'LinqDataSource' is not a known element.
I have a 2.0 project for which I clicked Yes to convert to 3.5. I added LINQ references to web.config; made references to LINQ namespaces; added a LinqDataSource; and created a data context. After all this, on my page I get the error messsage shown above in the subject. Is there something else I should do? I've used LINQ successfully in other projects and can't figure out what's wrong here.  Hi,The first thing to check is to make sure that your website is using .NET 3.5 ( right click on the website and through it's proeprties , check the build tab)Also ,...

Element 'AccordionPane' is not a known element
I was wondering if someone can help me on a problem I'm having with a new AJAX project.I open VS and Create a new Web Site using the ASP .NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site template.In default.aspx there is a form tag, then a ScriptManager tag, then a Div.I drag an Accordion control inside the div and run it.  It runs fine so far.Then, I drag an AccordionPane control inside the Accordion control and i get this error:"Element 'AccordionPane' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."That's all I did. Any ideas? I run the AjaxControlToolkit sample just...

element 'scriptmanager' is not a known element
I know this is an old problem but after searching for solutions it persists. I am using Visual Studio 2005 SP1 installed and also the latest versions of .Net (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5).I have checked my web.config for the proper entries and uninstalled and reinstalled VS.I still have the red squiggly under the ScriptManager and UpdatePanel when they are placed in a content page under a master page. Everything works fine in the master page.I would really appreciate any assistance, this about to drive me insane.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"I'm better at brewi...

element 'XXXXX' is not a known element
I am getting this error for any control I try to drop onto a page from the toolkit.  If you try and run the site, you get a "Request for permission of type...." error for any ajax control on the page. I have tried the repair option of the AJAX Extensions package.  I have also uninstalled everything and re-setup the environment per the AJAX Control Toolkit "Setup your environment" page. Any page using a control has a ScriptManager extension on the page. I am stuck.  Any ideas?  Thanks. where are you saving this project that you are working on? ther...

Element 'AccordianPane' is not a known element.
The Ajaxtool Kit Accordian Pane was working perfectly yeasterday. Now it gives the error : Element 'AccordianPane' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing.  What is going on ? I deleted all the items from the toolbar, reinstalled AjaxTool Kit and same error. sounds like aproblem with you web.config file where the dlls for the toolkit are refernece, can you post that section of your config?Matthew M. Osbornhttp://blog.osbornm.comhttp://weblogs.asp.net/asptest"Change the world or go ho...

Web resources about - Element 'Repeater' is not a known element. - asp.net.presentation-controls