Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control

Sir,In asp.net 2.0 application, I want to edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control. By EditItemTemplate it is possible to edit the cell text but for that we need to click on Edit button and after edit we need to click on Update button. But this way is not accepted.

Is it possible in datagrid (possibly without activex control) to click in cell and edit the value and click out of the cell to update just like windows application grid?

I did not find any article on web related to this.Please help me.Thanks in advance. Smile

0
PareshDehadray

 Hi PareshDehadray,

 Clickable and Double Clickable Rows with GridView and DataList Controls (ASP.NET 2.0)

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/DoubleClickGridviewRow.asp

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

DataGrid Edit
I have a DataGrid that lists items from a hardware catalog. Having edited the price of an item and selected update, the InventoryGrid_UpdateCommand()  method reads the price into a textbox: TextBox Price = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[3].Controls[0];. The problem is that it seems to be reading the original value not the value I have entered. Any ideas?         <code> <asp:datagrid id="InventoryGrid" runat="server" width="536px" bordercolor="Silver" borderwidth="1px"          &nbs...

Changing DataGrid cells and child controls based on other cells values... having trouble
I am trying to examine the value of one cell, then disable other controls in the same row (in other cells) based on this. Basically if this cell = Yes or No, then disable a dropdown in another cell. I have tried the ItemCreated and ItemDataBound and am intercepting the event.itemtype by (ListItemType.Item and ListItemType.AlternatingItem) but it is telling me that value of this cell when i examine it is empty. Should i wrap the value in a label or something? I have tried that as well but it doesnt work, the value is always empty when checking during these events but at render time ...

Move a control from cell to cell
I have a custom control, but for this question let's keep it simple and use a "button".  Without deleting the old button and creating a new button, I would like to "move" it's location from a cell in one table, to a cell in a completely different table. Any ideas? Doing "getElementById" to find the id of the control, and then "appendChild" to the cell gives me an "invalid pointer" error.  So obviously it doesnt want the same control pointed to twice on the page.   You can try the following. This might no...

What is the difference between e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0] and e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[1] ?
I usually work with Datagrid but I do not understand the difference between ...Controls[0] & Controls[1] in DataGrid. Please give some suggestion ! Thanks a lot ! briefly a DataGrid is rendered as an HTML Table containing TR ( item ) and TD ( cells ) elements at runtime e.Item.Cells refer to the TableCellCollection in the current row this cells collection, like any collection in .NET, is zero-based, meaning the first cell in the Cells collection is Cells [ 0 ], and the next is Cells [ 1 ], etc. e.Item.Cells [ x ].Controls refer to the control collection within the cell. Thi...

Could anybody help me about How to Get the Cell value from Gridview Control while I use Mouse Click on one Cell?
Hi Sir,    Here goes my question,I'v drag a Gridview control and binded data to it ,I'm thinking ,Can I get the value from the Cell which I used the mouse  to click on it ? Thanks for your kindly help.Here.I.Am Edit Columns in the Smart Tagthen on the column use want to use click the "Convert to a Templated Field"Now Click OKGo back to smart tag, and Edit Templated field, On the Field you want to change, Item Template, you delete the Label Field and add a HyperLinkWhen you add the hyperlink, a smart tag will appear asking you to "Edit DataBindings", click it.Now ch...

Making a cell editable on clicking the cell
Hi, I am trying to make a cell editable as soon as the user clicks on that particular cell in the .net data grid. Usually, the way we do is, we click the edit button and the cells become editable and two buttons(Update and Cancel) appear. Instead I would like to make this possible without even clicking on the Edit button. There will be only one button (Save) to save the changes done on the grid. Is there any way to do it ? I hope I am clear. Thanks in advance. Prasad P Take a look at the following article, which shows how you can hightlight the row by clicking anywhere in the ro...

Adding row (one at a time) in gridview on a button click. And cells of added row should contain controls like DROPDOWN LIST or TEXT BOX.
Dear Friends, I am in great need for the solution/hints/guidance of my requirement, if anyone can help with.  Let me explain what I need."I need a Gridview control on a webpage having following 5 columns/fields.     Column 1: It just has a "+" button in its header only (other cells for this column is empty)    Column 2: The Column header here is "FIELD" and  it should contain dropdown list (which is populated from some database)    Column 3: The Column header here is "Operator" and  it should ...

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

Edit datagrid cell by clicking?
 hey all,so I have this editable datagrid, with some bounded data, what I'm trying to do is to edit a cell of the data grid without using the edit button, and then maybe deselect the cell and it will automatically update. any ideas? Hi pxrage, Have a look at this article about creating an individual cell-edit GridView: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/EditGridviewCells.aspx Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

can we find control of itemtemplate in updatecommandeventargs of datagrid after clicking edit button in the datagrid?
hi im having a editable datagrid here in one column of template field im having a label control in itemtemplate and a textbox control in edititemtemplate.now i want to find the label control in update command eventargs ...is this possible here im able to find the control of edititemplate but im unable to find the control of itemplate .pavankumar In any event, you can find controls in itemtemplate. for(int vLoop=0 ; vLoop<gv1.rows.count ; vLoop++) {     Label lbl = (Label)gv1.rows[vLoop].findcontrol("lblID"); }Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Te...

Infragistics WebGrid-cell Edit and Image Click of the cell
This post was edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums. Hello, We are devloping web application with Asp.Net, C#, and Infragistics NetAdvantage Vol 2 suite for webgrid. If anybody have workd with Infragistics webgrid, Please help me out here!! Coming to my problem, I want the cell of grid to enter or edit with one image at the right hand corner of the cell. so When i click on the cell, it should allow me to edit or enter the data. And when i click on the image of the cell, it should call a another page which will cotain the data in table. But wh...

Define controls position/line in cells of Table control
Is there a way for defining that the new label created in a cell of a table should be created on the next line for example ? When labels are added in the cell (code below), one label follows the other and is difficult to read them. Thanks a lot. trw = New TableRow tcl = New TableCell lbl = New Label lbl.Text = "Name: " tcl.Controls.Add(lbl) lbl = New Label lbl.Text = "Comments: " tcl.Controls.Add(lbl) Add a literal control with "<br />" as the text between the other calls to tcl.Controls.Add()    Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Mic...

Find a control using Cells(index).Controls(index)
Hi I have a datagrid with an edit, I also have validators on other parts of the page. When I do an update on the page the validators are firing. I need to disable them when updating. normally I could use Findcontrol, however the update linkbutton has no id. So i need to do something like this:    Sub dglinks_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles dglinks.ItemCreated Dim x As LinkButton If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.EditItem Then x = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).Controls(0), LinkButton) x.CausesValidation = False ...

Web resources about - Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control - asp.net.presentation-controls

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Before they noticed the camera clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spotted Kara grooming Melba and got 3 photos: this one, a blurred one and the "After" shot. I'm thinking maybe a web cam focused on their hangout ...

GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut
GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.