Edit datagrid cell by clicking?

 hey all,

so I have this editable datagrid, with some bounded data, what I'm trying to do is to edit a cell of the data grid without using the edit button, and then maybe deselect the cell and it will automatically update. any ideas?

0
pxrage

Hi pxrage,

Have a look at this article about creating an individual cell-edit GridView:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/EditGridviewCells.aspx

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control
Sir,In asp.net 2.0 application, I want to edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control. By EditItemTemplate it is possible to edit the cell text but for that we need to click on Edit button and after edit we need to click on Update button. But this way is not accepted. Is it possible in datagrid (possibly without activex control) to click in cell and edit the value and click out of the cell to update just like windows application grid?I did not find any article on web related to this.Please help me.Thanks in advance.    &nbs...

can we find control of itemtemplate in updatecommandeventargs of datagrid after clicking edit button in the datagrid?
hi im having a editable datagrid here in one column of template field im having a label control in itemtemplate and a textbox control in edititemtemplate.now i want to find the label control in update command eventargs ...is this possible here im able to find the control of edititemplate but im unable to find the control of itemplate .pavankumar In any event, you can find controls in itemtemplate. for(int vLoop=0 ; vLoop<gv1.rows.count ; vLoop++) {     Label lbl = (Label)gv1.rows[vLoop].findcontrol("lblID"); }Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Te...

is there any way to get into datagrid edit mode by click any cells?
Hi everyone, I want to get into datagrid edit mode by click a cell of datagrid, not by edit command, if is it possible? thanks I've never done it but I don't see why not. If you can capture the event of onClick any cell or wheverever you wish, then simply change that selected row to edit row in event handler and rebind the grid, just as you would in the edit_command. Or were you asking how to capture the event that someone clicks on datagrid cell? I'm not sure about that but I have seen posts/articles etc. and I know there is a way. Maybe something to do with ItemCommands an...

Edit individual datagrid cells using click event
Hi All, I am developing a simple datagrid to store data with a status field. the requirement is when ever user clicks that perticular cell in that Status column (any row in that column) the display control(label) will switch to dropdownlist with 3 options. user selects any one option and that value should update and replace the dropdownlist. Its kind of spreadsheet style editing.... how to handle this. i tried to use itemdatabound event. but couldn't succeed. Please help me .  Thanks., vrnetLover  My recommendation would be to add into ItemTemplate for the "Status&...

why size of control(txt) increase when click on edit in the datagrid
hi all In my asp.net page i m using datagrid when i m click on edit then the size of text box which are coming r too large why happing this in grid view we use the <ControlStyle CssClass="style5" Width="98%"/> to set the size of control but this is not coming on datagrid what i have to do its not accepting the css  i m try  :- EditItemStyle-CssClass ,SelectedItemStyle-CssClass ,ItemStyle-CssClass but nothng happned in text box the size of text boxs increased three times what have to do RegardNew In .NET World try this. <Co...

Making a cell editable on clicking the cell
Hi, I am trying to make a cell editable as soon as the user clicks on that particular cell in the .net data grid. Usually, the way we do is, we click the edit button and the cells become editable and two buttons(Update and Cancel) appear. Instead I would like to make this possible without even clicking on the Edit button. There will be only one button (Save) to save the changes done on the grid. Is there any way to do it ? I hope I am clear. Thanks in advance. Prasad P Take a look at the following article, which shows how you can hightlight the row by clicking anywhere in the ro...

Is there really an easy way to click and edit a cell value at run time (without having to click on Edit and Update links) in GridView?
 Link for an answer is broken. Anyway I want know just that. RegardsLeif  I'm talking with absolutely no knowledge, but why not to trigger "onblur" event in the client textbox and forward it to whatever the edit-and-update links go?...

DataGrid Edit
I have a DataGrid that lists items from a hardware catalog. Having edited the price of an item and selected update, the InventoryGrid_UpdateCommand()  method reads the price into a textbox: TextBox Price = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[3].Controls[0];. The problem is that it seems to be reading the original value not the value I have entered. Any ideas?         <code> <asp:datagrid id="InventoryGrid" runat="server" width="536px" bordercolor="Silver" borderwidth="1px"          &nbs...

Infragistics WebGrid-cell Edit and Image Click of the cell
This post was edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums. Hello, We are devloping web application with Asp.Net, C#, and Infragistics NetAdvantage Vol 2 suite for webgrid. If anybody have workd with Infragistics webgrid, Please help me out here!! Coming to my problem, I want the cell of grid to enter or edit with one image at the right hand corner of the cell. so When i click on the cell, it should allow me to edit or enter the data. And when i click on the image of the cell, it should call a another page which will cotain the data in table. But wh...

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

Cant get new/edited values from cells when editing a datagrid ...
I'm having some trouble with editing the data in a datagrid.   When i go into edit mode and change to values, they revert to the original ones as soon as the update command is run.  My update command runs a stored proc on a sql server database and i have checked that it is working by giving it fixed strings as the parameters.  It works fine and updates the values as required.   The problem is, when i try to feed in the cell values to the stored proc, it just saves the original values that were in the cells and not the values that i updated.   Why ...

Inline Editing in DataGrid without actually having to click on an edit button
Is it possible to allow inline editing in a DataGrid for each row without having to click an edit button for each row? Basically we have users who have to go through thousands of records and edit and they don't watn to have to keep clicking the edit button in order to invoke the inline editing feature of a DataGrid.basically they just want to give focus to each row with like a tab on the keyboard and be able to just tab their way through to edit each row's data.When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET! Hi:   From your description I think you can just put a TextBox and a &...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

Web resources about - Edit datagrid cell by clicking? - asp.net.presentation-controls

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Before they noticed the camera clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spotted Kara grooming Melba and got 3 photos: this one, a blurred one and the "After" shot. I'm thinking maybe a web cam focused on their hangout ...

GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut
GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.