does anyone know how to do that, when I click the last row of the gridview, the gridview will automatically add an empty new row for me.

does anyone know how to do that, when I click the last row of the gridview, the gridview will automatically add an empty new row for me.

thanks

0
yangwulong1978

hi there,

the only I could think of for now is is enbale footer row
then hide it onpageload so when last row click set footer.visible to true

0
BrigideW

Selecting a gridview row and keeping the last selected row in a gridview highlighted after mouse moves over a new row.
What is the best way to show a gridview row highlighted once selected and keep it highlighted once the mouse moves over a different row? Thanks, Steve hi,you can use <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#008A8C" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#FFFFFF" /> plz let me know if i misunderstood you Thanks for your help. One problem; however, is that after the row has been selected and I check the "grid.SelectedIndex" it has a value of -1 and not the index of the row that was selected on the grid. What do you recommend? Thanks, Steve hi, sorry i din...

Gridview row click event fires, when clicking on controls within row.
I have a gridview control and I have added  a row click event which causes a post back. e.Row.Attributes.Add("onClick", this.Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(this, "Select$" + e.Row.RowIndex.ToString()));  When the user clicks the row, i bind some data to a checkbox list, showing a uers a list of options they have chosen. All good so far. I also have a edit button for each row. When the row is in edit mode i display a checkbox and textbox. Problem is when i click on the textbox or the checkbox, it causes the row click event to fire. Any ida...

How i add New row to gridview when i click Add button
Hi, I have Gridview control , it is populated from Products Table from my database ProductNo,ProductName, ProductPrice, PrductCategorytype I added Edit and delete buttons to Gridview. Here  according to my user requirement  , i shuld add ADD button outside Griedview contrl, for Inserting New records into database  when i click ADD button But here  How i add New row to gridview when i click Add buttonadilahmed  http://geekswithblogs.net/casualjim/articles/51360.aspx  Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answe...

Add a new row after current row in gridview
Is there a way to add a new row after the current row in a gridview by clicking a "+" add button, that is beside that current row.   Or is there a way with forms view to have a row of text boxes for data entry then you click the "+" add button beside that row of textboxes and a new row appears below for data entry?  Thanks Hi, Check below link whose last line is available for entry of a new row: http://www.gridviewguy.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleID=139 You can set footer to invisible by default and set it to visible by clicking "+" button.NOTE:If you find m...

new row below selected row in gridview to display child gridview
Hello,   I have a gridview that up selected..shows the nested child grivdview. The problem I currently have is that it stuffs all the data into a column whcih blows the whole tbale out of whack. What I need to do is create a new row below the sleected row to house the new child grivdview. I have seen third party controls do this such as teleriks radgrid but I wont to do this with the gridview control.  Any articles on how to do this? Does AJAX support this? Any help is greatly appreciated.    ...

How to find a outer gridview row when a button in inner gridview row is clicked
Hi, I have a gridview within a gridview. In the inner gridview, I have a column of imagebuttons. I cannot figure out how to find out the row of the outer gridview when I click on the imagebutton in the inner gridview. I modifies the code below to get rid of some of the unnecessary stuff. <asp:GridView ID="SitePrepMainGV" runat="server" DataKeyNames="SitePrepItemID" DataSourceID="SitePrepMasterDS" OnRowDataBound="SitePrepMainGV_RowDataBound" OnRowEditing="SitePrepMainGV_RowEditing" OnRowCreated="SitePrepMainGV_RowCreated"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="S...

How to automatically copy the value of a gridview row to a field in the gridview footer row
Hello,  How to automatically copy the existing value displayed in a gridview row to a field in the gridview footer row.  Both fields are of the same type.  The gridbew row is used to modify information and the footer row is used to add new information to the db. Gridview1.FindControl("WorkOrderID) GridView1.FooterRow.FindControl("NewWorkOrderID")   Thank you,ptown check this link.. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa728895(VS.71).aspxRegards,Punithkumar 1 - turn column into template 2 - Add a label to footer template 3 - Say yo...

Add a New Row to an Empty GridView
I am using a GridView control for an hours entry function.  I have it working the way I want (more or less) for editing and deleting existing records. That said, each week when a user comes in to enter their hours there are no records to display so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to present an "empty record" for them to start on.  Things I'm considering are: Simply adding controls to the top of the page that are basically always there to facilitate entry of new records. Investigating the ShowInsertButton of the asp:CommandField and whether I can get this...

Data Controls insert rows into gridview then insert rows from gridview into SQL Table
Hello there, I'm still new at performing miracles with code . Currently I am having trouble with my latest coding adventure I have a web application which records jobs and labour assigned to jobs. The issue in particular I'm having is the way in which labour is to be assigned. I want to use standard controls (Textbox, Dropdownlist) to record the values into a gridview (ie,put multiple rows into the gridview using the controls). Then, when all the inserting is complete, the user clicks a submit button to insert all the rows from the gridview into a database table. The reason for...

add new rows in gridview on button click
Hi , I am designing a gridview.In that i have a add button on the header and edit /update/cancel for all rows.If i click add button i have to insert new empty row( which has 2 textboxes,2 dropdownboxes=total 4 columns)  on the bottom of the gridview with no edit/update/cancel Can anyone let me know how to do this.I use rowcommand and find out command name and i am calling afunction   like <asp:gridview id="gridview1" onrowupdating ="row_update" onrowediting="row_edit" onrowcancelingedit="canceledit" onrowcommand="addemptyrow&q...

Add a button to add a new row and insert the new record to gridview
Hello, I have a gridview1 on a page attached to a SQLDataSource.  The gridvioew page is displayed when a selection from a drop down box on the master page matches the FK field (partID) on the gridview page via querystring.  I would like to add a buttton that allows me to add a row to gridview1 without losing the information already displayed, typed in, or updated.  I have the PK and 8 check box feilds set as bound field (DetailID) and all of the remaining 10 text fields converted to template fields.  What is the best way to add this functio...

Adding a new row in the gridview on click of add button..
Hi, I have a gridview which gets populated by calling BLL method . My BLL returns Datatable and am binding it to the gridview.Now i want to add new row.For that i have written aspx as below:   <asp:GridView ID="gvSubContractor" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" EmptyDataText="No Data"Width="959px" ShowFooter="false" OnRowCreated="gvSubContractor_RowCreated" onrowcommand="gvSubContractor_RowCommand"> <RowStyle CssClass="ItemStyle" /> <Columns> <asp:TemplateField...

How to add a new row into gridview using Objectdatasource control
Hi, I am binding data into the gridview using objectdatasource control. I am able to perform the update and the delete functionality. But I need to insert a new row into the gridview and then somehow wire up the objectdatasource control to do the insert routine for me. I am using business logic layer plus the dataaccess layer along with stored procedures to achieve the above. Can some one tell me how to perform the insert routine? Hi guyind, It is no matter which datasource control you use, ObjectDataSource or SqlDataSource. You can set InsertMethod into ObjectDataSource to insert a new r...

Web resources about - does anyone know how to do that, when I click the last row of the gridview, the gridview will automatically add an empty new row for me. - asp.net.presentation-controls

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...