DetailView (Header in one Row and Item or Value in other Row) - ?

My second question is, how can I put header in one row and ItemValue in other row. Currently the detail view is showing data as following structure:

FieldName:         FieldValue
FieldName:         FieldValue
FieldName:         Listitem1
                           Listitem2
                           Listitem3
                           Listitem4
FieldName:         Listitem1
                           Listitem2
                           Listitem3
                           Listitem4

I want the last two fieldnames to stay in one row and their values which is an unorderlist in next row so i get maximum width of the pag as following:

FieldName:         FieldValue
FieldName:         FieldValue
FieldName:
Listitem1
Listitem2
Listitem3
Listitem4
FieldName:
Listitem1
Listitem2
Listitem3
Listitem4

Waiting 4 ur kind reply...

0
ahmadrashiid

Is it not possible? - Masterminds !!!! Please answer.....

0
ahmadrashiid
2/16/2008 9:17:54 AM

No you can't do this with the DetailsView, as it controls the header column. However, you can use the FormView, which doesn't produce any interface itself, so you can construct whatever you need.

Dave
2/16/2008 10:47:19 AM

Thanks Dav Sussman, I changed the DetailView to FormView and worked well. I structured it as i wanted.

Thanks once again......

0
ahmadrashiid

adding a blank header row /row above the header row
is it possible to add a blank row above the header row in gridview for adding some links and buttons the links will respond to thae data in the grid and the buttons are for login / regisration etc....  if yes how it can be done or how do i achieve it. Its better that u create a table with a single row with columns matching the GridView columns. Set the table width same as the GridView width. This will make the GridView Look as if there is a row above its header.Please do not forget to click Mark As Answer on the post that helped you. Regards,Iam Srikanth Reddy....

select the row of the datagrid whose value is same as one of the value of row of datagrid
hellow all,  I have a datagrid which is bound to the ordertable,so all the orderdetails are shown on the page load. but my requirement is that,i have a textbox and a search button,when the user enter the order number in the text box and click on the search button the datagrid should show that record whose order number is entered by the user n most imp that the record may be in the 65th or 34th row of the datagrid,i wants to put it in the first row. how to do it. If there's a reason you can't filter down to just the one row, you'll have to come up with some paging algorithm that wil...

How To: Reference controls in footer row from an item row
I'm familiar with using the e.Item.FindControl command when manipulating controls from an item row or footer row when you are actually in (editing) that row. I'm also familiar with determining what "Type" of row I'm in. What I'm having troubles with is referencing a control in the footer row of a datagrid while I'm actually in (editing) an item row. Can this be done? Thanks Mike...

How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g
Hi,when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.With kind requestThanks your query is very raw..can u details it out...Pl...

How to read a dataset one row by one row?
I know you can use DataSet after close sql connection. I want to something after getting dataset, read from one row by one row, just like while datareader.read() Can I read dataset just like this? Thanks in advance! Justin Is this what you're looking for (from the Tips and Tricks Section of ASPNet101.com):http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=175David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer&...

Reduce rows displayed but putting 3 rows in one row
Hi all, I'm using PB6.5. I have an SQL DW that fetch some information from the DB but should display only two columns: a code and a value. Also they are displayed in the trailer of a group if that's actually important. In order to reduce displayed rows count, i would like to display each 3 rows in one row(Code,Value,Code,Value,Code,Value). The question is how can i do that?. I've tried to use computed fields and in the second and third pair values to use code[1],value[1],code[2],value[2] but only the code[1],value[1] are OK(Showing next row's data), the third ...

how to compare rows in the datatable and remove the duplicate rows (before removal of duplicate row i need to append those values to original rows)
Hii.             I have a datatable in that i have some rows.. i need to compare those rows one among the other based on first column only. If its duplicate row i need to append those col values to original row. For example here is the data in the table.: Total - 13 columns Name:     Jan:   Feb:   March:...............................Dec  Phani      2        4          ...

How to make a row of a detailsview invisible based on an item in the row value programmatically

Gridview
Hi. What I would like to do is to have a layout like this ID Description SomeOthercolumn ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ID Short description Text Some other value Long description Text that will span multiple columns ID #2 Short description Text #2 Some other value #2 Long description Text that will span multiple columns #2 Get the picture. This is not a problem with repeaters, because you ha...

Calculated value of a field in the row is getting displayed in the next row instead of the same one
I have a Gridview in which I am pulling data from an access database. One of the columns in the gridview pulls a field named Last Login Date. I want to calculate the difference between the Last Login Date and the Current Date and display the calculated difference in an additional column in the same row. I have verified that the calculation is happening just fine. But when the page is displayed, the calculated value is getting displayed in the next row instead of the same row. The value of Difference in the first row is showing as 0 (zero). Calculated Values ...

How to make template control invisible based on another col value (row by row)
In a gridview, I have a template like the following: <EditItemTemplate> <asp:DropDownList ID="ddl1" selectedValue='<%# Bind("id_hill_confidence") %>' ...> <asp:TextBox Runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("crit_variance") %>' ID="TextBox1" </EditItemTemplate> I want to check another value in the row (crit_show) and if it is 1 or true, I want tl make TextBox1.visible=true, otherwise I want to make it false (invisible). How can I do this on a row by row basis. I know how ...

How concate n rows value into single row value
Daer Sir, I have list(5 rows) of name in a datawindow I want to concate all rows into sinle row regards Indus ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Are you trying to display it in one row in the same DW which retrieves the five separate rows ? Do you need those five rows for any processing other than concatenating them ? What functionality are you trying to provide ? Understanding that may help us provide other options. There are several approaches you could take, primarily revolving around reading each va...

datagrid with two tables, one for header values and other for rows
Hi everyone. i have two different tables for column header and rows is there any way i can show them in one datagrid.  Note:- columns are user defined. (number of columns are not static, it can be different) Thanx   after long time i am back on this project, so i am still not able to hide column here.. any one can give any suggestion. thanx Hi mrugesh, I believe that there must be some relationship between these two tables, so you want to show them in one datagrid. Two suggestion: 1) If they have equal number of columns and fields, you can merge two tables. http://ms...

Web resources about - DetailView (Header in one Row and Item or Value in other Row) - ? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Multi-pane Layouts - Android Developers
On smaller devices your content is typically divided into a master grid or list view and a detailview. Touching an item in the master view opens ...

Russia Medvedev Zuckerberg - Buy Photos - AP Images - DetailView
AP Images : DetailView : Russia Medvedev Zuckerberg

Patent US821393 - Flying-machine. - Google Patents
Search Images Maps Play YouTube News Gmail Drive More Calendar Translate Mobile Books Offers Wallet Shopping Blogger Finance Photos Videos Even ...

Why Mozilla Matters - Hacker News
I have a hard time believing Brendan's pledge to diversity given Mozilla's non-support for Gecko embedding. There's a number of Gecko-based browsers, ...

Projects- Robotics Innovation Center - DFKI GmbH
DFKI GmbH Robotics Innovation Center (RIC) Intern - DE - EN Startpage Menu About Us DFKI RIC Robotics Group Staff Listview Detailview Thumbnailview ...

Mobile Development Samples
Following Windows Mobile Development Samples demonstrate the usage of Resco .NET CF controls in various situations.

Detailview : - http://www.steinberg.net/
Steinberg is very excited to present Cubasis — a streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, ...

ESL TV: Beta Status
Skip to the navigation . Skip to the content . Switch to old page Games Events Channels Schedule Videos Global (All videos) Brazil (Brazil and ...

TV on the Internet - Buy Photos - AP Images - DetailView
AP Images : DetailView : TV on the Internet

Sochi Olympics Alpine Skiing Women - Buy Photos - AP Images - DetailView
AP Images : DetailView : Sochi Olympics Alpine Skiing Women