DetailView and Ajax ModalPopupExtender

 I use DetailView for inserting and displaying data. The detailview is poped up with ModalPopupExtender.

I do something like Matt Berseth did in his wonderfull blog:

http://mattberseth.com/blog/2008/04/masterdetail_with_the_gridview.html

But there is a bug that also exists in his example:

The DetailView has validators, if in some scenario the input is wrong validator warn about it but if you click on Close button of the popup, the detailview will be hidden but the validators are still active and will block any postbacks! So there is no way to show it again!

There is a live demo  (http://mattberseth2.com/demo/Default.aspx?Name=Master-Detail+with+the+GridView%2c+DetailsView+and+ModalPopup+Controls&Filter=All)

Click on select link , insert some wrong input (blanks) and click close.

Then try to click on select again.

How can I fix that without removing validators ?

0
yevi