datagrid with a headers header row

Howdy!
I am using a datagrid and I have all the rows and then a header row explaining each column, but I want a row above that as part of the table explaining the table.
Thoughts?
Cheers
0
thanatos

Can you explain more clearly what you want?
0
durga
6/23/2004 12:49:06 PM

Okay,
A normal datagrid has the data fields and the header fields where the header fields are a one to one correlation to the data fields and are used to descibe the data fields.
That is perfect as well, but I want to put a title on the datagrid above the header fields to use a couple of words to describe the table itself. There will be several datagrids on the page so this just makes it easier for people to understand.

Cheers
0
thanatos
6/23/2004 2:51:08 PM
Just drop a table on top of the datagrid ... explaining what the grid is all about.  I'd use the grid layout in the document properties to align the table directly ontop the grid.  Hope that helps.
0
dotnetden
6/23/2004 7:07:56 PM
Create a usercontrol with a label and datagrid.

Position the label just above the datagrid. Use CSS or styles to apply fonts to the label.
Expose a property in the user control and set the text property of the label to this property.
Drop the usercontrol on a page and set the exposed property to any string u want to display in the label.
This design allows for many more modifications later.
0
rayyar
6/24/2004 12:03:42 AM

Thanks for your replies. You sparked a real simple idea.
I am putting a table around the datagrid. This table has 2 rows, the first being the header and the second being the datagrid.
Problem solved!
Cheers
0
thanatos

adding a blank header row /row above the header row
is it possible to add a blank row above the header row in gridview for adding some links and buttons the links will respond to thae data in the grid and the buttons are for login / regisration etc....  if yes how it can be done or how do i achieve it. Its better that u create a table with a single row with columns matching the GridView columns. Set the table width same as the GridView width. This will make the GridView Look as if there is a row above its header.Please do not forget to click Mark As Answer on the post that helped you. Regards,Iam Srikanth Reddy....

Datagrid: Add a Main header row, above the column headers
Is this possible?  How is this done? -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Yes...Handle the ItemCreated event.  I have a sample using the GridView that can give you the idea http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/nestedgridviews/default.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com Do you have any examples using DataGrid in VB? Can the Header be displayed above the column headers?  -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_customheader.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http:...

Freeze Headers(Multiple row headers) in GridView
Hello all,        I'm developing web application with asp.net2.0+C#.   Requirement : GridView with Multiple Header rows. When vertical scroll, headers freeezed (GridView rows only scrollable). When horizontal scroll, GridView's 1st column freezed (1st Column of GridView is freezed & remaining columns with Headers should be scrollable). Something like as:-   School Name:- ABC English School Academic Year:- 2007-2008   Type   OPEN   S.C.   N.T.   O.B.C. Boys Girls ...

How do I repeat Header Row every n rows in DataGrid /-List or Repeater?
I have a page where I return hundreds of rows of data that we want to keep in a single response without using frames. In ASP we simply repeated the header every 10 - 15 rows so that the user always had a header row on the screen when they scrolled through the data. Can I do this with a datagrid, datalist or repeater? How? Is there a better solution to keeping a heading in view? Thanks in avance. Hi, Have a look @: MakeItScroll.com Read : Scrollable DataGrid with a Fixed HeaderK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. This is very good, but for very small tab...

Reference DataGrid Header Controls
I have a DropDownList for my Header for Filter purpose.  I can obtain the values easily through OnSeletedItemChanged, but I am unable to reference it and change the defaulted values. <asp:DataGrid ID=Table_Fruits runat='server' autogeneratecolumns='false'>    <columns>        <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText=Fruits>            <headertemplate>              <asp:DropDownList id='DDL_Fruits' runa...

headers are overlayed with other headers
running TB 2.0.0.6 WIN XP Pro, FoxFire 2.0.0.6 We are getting in the header frame area headers that have other headers overlaid making difficult to read. In other words a header line has two different headers displayed on same line. The Error Console has several messages .. an example is following. There are other error types picked up 'Warning: Unknown property 'mso-pagination'. Declaration dropped. Source File: mailbox:///C|/KenMisc2/ThunderBirdMail/Inbox?number=771029 Line: 24' What is fix? Ken Thompson Ken Thompson wrote: > running TB 2.0.0.6...

Datagrid Header 2 Rows
Hello All, I have a datagrid that I want to have multiple lines in the Header. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?? Any help is much appriciated. Thanks, Larry In the header, just put a <br> tag in between the first and second "lines" of the header. This will force a newline. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks for the feedback. How would i do that promatically. I am building the datagrid dynamically and need to do it through code. Thanks in advance, Larry How ...

Accessing controls in datagrid header
I am trying to access controls is a header temple of a datagrid but cannot seem to figure it out. The examples I have found do not seem to work. The examples I have been trying to use follow the same format as below.  DataGrid1.Controls[0].Controls[0].FindControl("TextBox1") If I try to access any properties I get an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Example  Dim TB as TextBox TB = DataGrid1.Controls[0].Controls[0].FindControl("TextBox1") response.write(TB.Text) Since you are using VB then use parents ins...

Fixed header for datagrid control
Hi, I am developing a asp.net webpage with codebehind (vb.net) using .net 2.0. In my webpage i am displaying multiple data grids. I want to make the datagrid header as fixed. I tried the below code which is working as long as you handle the page slowly. But when i pressdown the left mouse button and select the page or move the mouse(left button pressed) violently the grid header is misplaced(either disappearing or moving just below the address bar). Code in css: .DataGridFixedheader { POSITION: relative; top:expression(this.parentNode.scrollTop-2); } also tried .DataGridFix...

Text in the row headers of a datagrid
i need text in the row headers of a datagrid, like the line numbers in Excel. can somebody help? sorry for my english >i need text in the row headers of a datagrid, like the line numbers in >Excel. can somebody help? > sorry for my english Just create the calculated field and return there the incremental value. In DBGrid you may show this field as first and draw as fixed silver column -- With best regards, Mike Shkolnik http://www.scalabium.com Thank you. Edited by: Rastislav Karaba on Mar 31, 2009 2:58 AM ...

Datagrid - Header Row
I wonder if you could help me with a problem I seem to be having. I want to loop through all the columns in the header row of a datagrid but I can't figure out the correct syntax. The below code will allow me to loop every row BUT the Header row. Dim dgRow As TableRow For Each dgRow In DataGrid_Table.Items Dim c As TableCell For Each c In dgRow.Cells Do Something Next Exit For Next   Thanks!...

Access Control In DataGrid Header
Consider the following DataGrid: <asp:DataGrid ID="dgMarks" AutoGenerateColumns="false" runat="server"><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><HeaderTemplate><asp:CheckBox ID="chkHeader" OnCheckedChanged="CheckUncheckAllRows" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server"/></HeaderTemplate><ItemTemplate><asp:CheckBox ID="chkItem" OnCheckedChanged="CheckChanged" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server"/></ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateColumn></Column...

how to add string in row header of dataGrid?
hi there, I just want to know that can we add values or string displayed in the row header of a grid which is use to select the whole tuple ie ,row. If we can then pls let me know how. hope that i get the response as soon as posible. thanks Regards DeadRocker Do you mean that? Sub OnItemCreated( ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs ) if e.item.itemtype = ListItemType.Header the...

Add a second Header-Row to DataGrid
Hi! I want to add to my DataGrid a second Header-Row in which i place textboxes...so the user can enter search terms for the desired fields... I really don't know how to... Thanks in advance! Hi, Take a look @ Extending DataGrid in ASP.NET HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. Oh that looks good to me.. Thanks!...

Web resources about - datagrid with a headers header row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject