DataGrid column control

I have a datagrid, which users can scroll down instead of paging. (because i want user to able to use IE find function)

However as I scroll down, I cannot see the datagrid column header text.
What Can I do ?
Box of chocolate for anyone who can solve ......... haha!!
Share your knowledge, it's a way to achieve immortality
0
kelly

Read :
Creating a Scrollable DataGrid with a Fixed Header

Have a look :
MakeItScroll.com

HTH
K B Shajudeen
AreYaar.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
0
shaji
8/20/2003 7:05:25 AM
Hello,

you can find another example at the following link:
Datagrid Examples.
Don´t miss to have a look at the newest article from Jim Ross to maintain the scroll position after you have selected a row in a datagrid here:
Maintain Scroll Position in a datagrid after selection...
HTH,
Karsten
0
kbrocksi_SEC
8/20/2003 7:21:09 AM
You should also check out ScrollingGrid (http://www.scrollingdatagrid.com) too. It does just what you're looking for.
0
interscape

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

Control No of records in DataGrid control
Hi I am having more than 5000 records in the table. I had set page size:50, its loading 5000 records and showing 50 records... working fine. But my requirement is when page is loading i need to get only 50 letest records from the database. If user clicks on next it need to be connected to database and get next 50 records. How i can put pointer at 50 th record? Is there any way to do this???... plz help Top function wont work for me. Hope the problem is clear regards cnu The SQLDataAdapter can limit the rowsets in one of the Fill() method overloads. Check it out in the ...

datagrid control in to Tabstrip control .
i need to insert a datagrid in a tabstrip seperator. is this possible? and in what way . Do you really mean Tabstrip "Seperator"? Or are you just trying to insert a DataGrid into a TabStrip control? ...

Custom Control within a Control Control

EditItemTemplate control = ItemTemplate control
Hi Friends! I have a CheckBoxList inside a DataGrid template column (ItemTemplate). When ItemDataBound event is raised, this CheckBoxList is populated. As follow bellow: Private Sub grdUsuarios_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles grdUsuarios.ItemDataBound If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then Dim chlFilaisUsuariosDGRow As CheckBoxList = e.Item.FindControl("chlFiliaisUsuario_EditItem") chlFilaisUsuariosDGRow...

Custom DataGrid control in user control
Hi there, I have created a custom datagrid control which i reference within a user control and it's corresponding code behind page. The problem I am encountering is that when I click on the paging buttons in the datagrid no event is fired, however if I reference the same control from a page everything works fine. I'm not sure where I am going wrong and would be greatful for any help that can be offered. I have not posted the code here as there is quite a lot although should anyone feel that it would be helpful in them coming to a solution I would be more than willing to do so. Cheer...

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Can you have a datagrid control inside of a repeater control. If so, how do you reference the datagrid in code behind
Hello, If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a repeater control and I want to place a datagrid inside of the repeater control's item template. The problem is, I don't know how to reference the datagrid control in the code behind. Also, can I bind data into the headertemplate of the repeater control such as a name. Actually I would only need a name. Don't know about GridView inside the Repeater, but did you thought about Repeater inside the Repeater?(Example below)  1 Protected Sub rptMain_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syst...

Finding controls in datagrid in user control
Hi, here's the scenario. I had a datagrid in a page, worked fine. I've moved the datagrid to a user control, and the update code I had does not work anymore.   In the datagrid, I have: OnUpdateCommand="update_user"   In the class for the user control, I have:   Protected Sub update_user(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)   then later, as part of a loop that cycles through the field names - data_field(x):   Dim drop_down As DropDownList = CType(e.Item.FindControl(data_field(x)), DropDownList)sql_comm.parameters.add("@" & data_...

control the columns of a datagrid
Hello, I have many datatables, i want to make a template datagrid with templates columns to all the datatables, but i want to control the number of columns according to the datatable i have. When i have a datatable that has 2 columns i want somehow to have a parameter for "visible" i each column. How do i make it??Thank you for your help. Achieving that would not be a bit issue - from within the column you can access the datasource of the grid - simply casting the Container.DataItem to DataRowView would give you an opportunity to find out the number of columns using Row.ItemA...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Web resources about - DataGrid column control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject