datagrid - accessing data in one row

Hi.

I am sitting here in a company with many people, but no other programmers least of all asp.net ones.
I have created a 'view' form on the INTRAnet, where many lines are displayed in a datagrid (SeLECT statement built in code and the Dataset bound to datagrid).
I just need to allow the user to click a row, whereupon I take the key from a field in that row and open up a Detail page.
I cannot find a way. OK, there is clientside and serverside scope, but there must be a way to do this.
Possible?
Help greatly appreciated.
Greg

Greg
0
gregoryenelson

Add a select column (it should be a built-in template), then on the SelectedItemCommand add a response.redirect to another page, appending the selected item's ID number to the query string.
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

Displaying two rows of database column data in one row of datagrid
Hello, I am trying to display two rows of an access column on one row of datagrid. Is that possible? Example of my intended datagrid: courseNo of course1courseNo of course2 courseNo of course3courseNo of course4 here's the HTML view of my aspx file: <Asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 104px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px"    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Height="320px" Width="488px">    <Columns>     <asp:TemplateColumn>      &...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

multi row data presented in DataGrid
HejFirst off it should be noted that I'm using .Net 1.1 for this - and though I've only been using DataGrid controls for this type of output, there is no reason not to use a Repeater, if it will solve my problem - also I should state that I can't imagine that this is the first time this particular issue has come up, though I haven't figured out how to search for the solution I'm looking forI think the clearest way for my to describe this issue is to show what my data looks like, and how I'd like to present it This is the example SQL query: Select Team.tCoach, Te...

select the row of the datagrid whose value is same as one of the value of row of datagrid
hellow all,  I have a datagrid which is bound to the ordertable,so all the orderdetails are shown on the page load. but my requirement is that,i have a textbox and a search button,when the user enter the order number in the text box and click on the search button the datagrid should show that record whose order number is entered by the user n most imp that the record may be in the 65th or 34th row of the datagrid,i wants to put it in the first row. how to do it. If there's a reason you can't filter down to just the one row, you'll have to come up with some paging algorithm that wil...

Reformat sql data from for presenting in datagrid control
Hi everybody  I have an sql query that gets this data from a couple of tables dia exe_seg ser_seg Segunda Supino Plano 3x12 Segunda Supino Inclinado 3x12 Segunda Aberturas com Alteres 3x12 Terça Abdominais 3x20 Terça Lombares 3x20 Terça Passadeira 15' Quarta Remada Baixa 3x12 Quarta Fundos 3x12 Sexta-Feira Remo 15' and I would  and I would like to bind it to a datagrid but with a different format, like this, ...

Displaying one of the columns in GridView data as GroupBy or similar data one after another row
Hi Would like to know the property or code that will Group data in one of the columns of GridView together. In other words i like to display the columns data in GridView that is repeated more than once together. Example: say Column heading Name John Jim Kevin Albert John Jim John You can see john or jim is displayed in Name Column at various rows. I like to get them displayed together such as John John Jim Jim Regards,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Hi I am not too sure, but may be you can try a "Order by" clause at your SQL level. Say,...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

how to display records as row wise in datagrid or any other data controls
Hi Reader I am developing an application in wich user write the keywords(which are the contants of the site) and search the result.now i want to show the result as row wise.how it may be possible. if you have any suggestion so please replly me.I will be thankfull to you. Thanks   Regards Susheel Kumar Singh  ...

How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net?
How does Visual Studio create ado.net equivalents of the datagrid's and gridview's columns and rows?  I am assuming they make a DataRow for each of the rows.  Am I on the right track with this?Is the table created by gridview basically a dataset from ADO.net?  Can anyone offer any guidance with this?Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts. Hi newbie2C#, The row in datagrid is called DataGridItem and in gridview is called GridViewRow. They are all inherits TableRow Class. DataRow is only one kind of row in GridView control. There are many other t...

Data presentation without a data control
The Gridview and Formview controls provide good functionality in some circumstances but are clumsey in others. As a newbie to .NET I was wondering if its appropriate to do databinding with textboxes and other data controls outside of one of the new data controls (formview, gridview, etc). Or is it a new standard to always use one of the new data controls. If the answer is yes, would you still use an SQLDatasource, or would you set up the connection in code? And, how would you deal with the syntax? In the Formview we have: <asp:TextBox ID="fnameTextBox" runat="server" ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Data of two rows in one row
  Emp-----ID Name1 x1 P2 y2 Q3 WEmp_DataId Name-1 Name-21 x P2 y Q3 wabove is my tables (Emp ),And the I want the Resulting Data in the (Emp_Data) format.is this possible Pls Help........Thanks in advance----- SELECT t.ID,MAX(CASE WHEN t.Seq=1 THEN t.Name ELSE NULL END) AS Name_1,MAX(CASE WHEN t.Seq=2 THEN t.Name ELSE NULL END) AS Name_2FROM (SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY ID Order BY Name) AS Seq,* FROM Emp)tGROUP BY t.ID Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem.CheersRammohan   Thanx it helped me a lot...

Writing data to a datagrid row by row
I have some code right now that works well but it's writing to an HTML table.  So I do something like thisResponse.Write("&lt;table>") for(int i=0; i< ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count;i++) { Response.Write("&lt;tr>"); Response.Write("&lt;td>" + ds.Tables[0].Rows[i]["Field1"].ToString() + "&lt;/td>"); Response.Write("&lt;td>" + ds.Tables[1].Rows[i]["Field2"].ToString() + "&lt;/td>"); Response.Write("&lt;/tr>"); } Response.Write(&q...

Add Data To Datagrid One By One
hy,i am using asp.net with vb.net, i want to insert data on a button click by taking information from user, i am using datatable to store a new datarow and then bind with datagrid, but second time when i take information from user and click button it does not keep the previous row and new row replace itself with the previous one.please i need assistance, kindly give me any code snip or idea to over come this problem.Thanksraheelz can you show your code of how your doing this--it will help in helping youMy Regards to All,Jason -- O-H-I-O Go Buckeyes! #1--- LIVESTRONG.ORG --- Please support ...

Web resources about - datagrid - accessing data in one row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...