DataAdapter can't create DataSet, error 'error the system cannot find the file specified'

Hello,

As a relatively newby I'm creating a asp-aplication connected to my MS Access 2000 database. Everything worked perfectly until I, stupid enough I don't know which one, i deleted a file from my current project. When I want to create a DataGrid with updateble capabilities I encounter problems:
1) Create page;
2) Create database connection (odbc....);
3) Drag-drop my table from the connection-> connection & dataadapter are being generated;
4) Create Update query (insert & select are generated automaticly, update not because .net doen't know what the primary key is)
5) When I try to generate a DataSet from the DataAdapter I get the following message:
'error the system cannot find the file specified'.
If I want to see the collums collection of the DataAdapter I get the same error.
Questions
1) Wich file did I delete or got corrupted;
2) How do I solve it, because creating a new page with the same functionality gives the same problem with the DataAdapter.
gr. Stefan Hendricks
0
Stefan_Hendricks

Can you post your code. Also post your exact error message as in error page.
Regards
Ram
0
ramnanda
8/25/2004 10:02:39 AM
My code was working before, so there is no error in the code. The dicription of the error was exactly what was mentioned in my text. Just a few minutes ago I found a way to solve my problem. I found out that the dataset name wasn't anaymore the same as the <dataset name>.xsd file. Afther renaming the file to the, in my perspective, correct name my webform worked again!! :-))

Still I wonder how it is possible that the name was different. I 100% sure know that I didn't change that one. I still seem to have a problem in that field but the application works afther all. Thanks for your time and attention Ramnanda.
gr. Stefan Hendricks
0
Stefan_Hendricks
8/25/2004 10:28:55 AM
Hi Ramnande,

Again thanks for your reply. I found out that my .xsd file got renamed and as a result of that everthing concerning data didn't work anymore. Now I even have a bigger question:
1) Can I use multiple xsd=dataset definition file's in one project? I thought I could use as many DataSets as I want in my site. Now I get the impression that I can create a lot of dataset's but that .Net use just ONE (propably per directory (from IIS standpoint)) .xsd file. I use .net 2003 (beta) perhaps it's just because I use this ancient .Net??
gr. Stefan
P.S. If you don't know this question don't bother because I will find it out the comming few weeks.
0
Stefan_Hendricks

'Error Creating Control' ... 'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'
I have created a custom control which inherits from a compositeControl. Its all works well in the browser but when I show it in the design mode I geta gray box with the following message Error Creating Control - GroupPicker1'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'. The Property is a fairly standard get and set Public Property ShowRadioButtons() As Boolean            Get                Return rowRadioButtons.Visible  &nbs...

Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible
I am getting error on this line DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Seelct * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata) //This line gives error Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Select * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata.Tables[0].Rows) //This ...

'Mozilla Composer' on Mac: Won't open html files
Hi. Last night I tried to help my friend install Sea Monkey on his Apple Mac so he can use Mozilla Composer to create and edit html files. We appeared to successfully install Sea Monkey for Mac OS, but when we tried to open a (very, very) simple html file that I had just created in Mozilla Composer on my PC it would not open it. Every time we tried we got a dialog box saying something like: "This is a binary file. Do you want to: (a) Open it; or (b) Save it." -When we clicked on 'Open' we got the usual list of programs, but Mozilla Composer was not one of them. Actual...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Could not find control 'GridView1' in ControlParameter 'RecipeID' Error
I have a webform with 2 content place holders on the page.  In ContentPlaceHolder1 I have a gridview named Gridview1  In ContentPlaceHolder2 I have a formview named FormView1 that shows more detailed data from the selectedValue of the Gridview1  If Gridview1 and FormView1 are in the same content place holder it all works.  If I put FormView1 in ContentPlaceHolder2 then I get the following error. Could not find control 'GridView1' in ControlParameter 'RecipeID'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current we...

error:Could not find an event named 'onserverclick' on associated control 'Submit1' for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'UpdatePanel0'.

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

'System.String' to 'System.DateTime' error
Hi, I have a Gridview with templates and i set the format to Text='<%# Eval("PrescriptionDate", "{0:dd/MM/yyyy}") %>'  The objectDataSource: <asp:ObjectDataSource DeleteMethod="DeletePrescriptionDetails" InsertMethod="InsertPrescriptionDetails" ID="objDetails" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetAllPrescriptionDetails" UpdateMethod="UpdatePrescriptionDetails" TypeName="GridViewClasses"> <UpdateParameters> <asp:Parameter Name="PrescriptionId" Type="Int32" /> <asp:Parameter Name="MedicineId" Type="Int32" /> <asp:Parameter Name="ActualDose" Type="I...

'Can't locate object method' error whenever 'Groups' is clicked
I am using Bugzilla 2.22.1 on Linux with Apache 1.3.33 and Perl 5.8.4. For the most part everything is working great, however, whenever I click on 'Groups' I get the following error: undef error - Can't locate object method "use_for" via package "Bugzilla::Group" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Template/Stash.pm line 870. Can someone please help me resolve this? Here are the Perl modules I am using: Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.63 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.25 Checki...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi,  I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. And one of my aspx was using 2 of the ajaxtoolkit namely the ModalPopupExtender and RoundedCornersExtender. But why is it that when I will access the page from the web server the error below will display on the page. It's really frustrating because there's no problem when running locally in my machine thru Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I hope you could help me figuring the problem. Thanks Error message:  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An e...

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Trying to run the samples and this is the error I get.  After looking around I see others have gotten this error but with the beta versions.  My install is not a beta release and I have not had any of the betas installed.  Any ideas? I would look to your web config file or possibly your machine config file.   Im betting you somehow got some old beta settings in it.  possibly do a search for Microsoft.Web.Preview in your entire solution. AjaxButter The other thing i just noticed is you said you were running the samples. Im betting your usin...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hi all,I have a not so nice error that I can't solve. I use asp .net 2.0 and Atlas. The site works in dev but not on my server... I hope someone can help me out. RegardsStijnParser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 1: <...

Web resources about - DataAdapter can't create DataSet, error 'error the system cannot find the file specified' - asp.net.presentation-controls