 Hello,

I want to make a menu with datalist or gridview control.Basically,the menu will be like this,

Categories

     Sub Categories.

For example, for COMPUTING category there will be NOTEBOOKS DESKTOPS etc.There will be a image for CATEGORIES and linkbuttons with Subcategories.

If I put a datalist inside a datalist and a link button inside the second datalist visually it satisfies my need.However,CommandArguments come from database to linkbutton.And

when one of these command buttons is cliked it must go to proper page.I dont know how to wrie an event_handler ,specifically, for the second datalist ItemCommand event.

Because it is in the first Datalist and its itemcommand does not work...

IS there any way to do that...

Thank you very much...

0
eleven111

You are using datalist under a datalist. If you use a repeater under a datalist it will be good. You need to pass id to the link button like

<asp:LinkButton Id="lnk1" Runat="server" PostBackUrl='<% # "~/Yourpage.aspx?id=" + Eval("Id") %>'  >Click here </asp:LinkButton>

Here Eval("Id") will be your inner datalist unique id which comes from database.

тнαηкѕ ιη α∂ναη¢є,
χ-тяємє.....
Software Developer

hi,

   use repeater control for this purpose. and inner repeater for subcategories. let us know if you need an example for this.

Thanks & Regards
Kuber Singh Manral.
MCTS [ASP.Net 2.0 Web Client Application]

Please "Mark As Answer", if any Post helps you. It facilitates to find
exact solution of the problem.
0
kuber
12/23/2008 11:16:42 AM

 It is stupid to use repeater and another one repeated inside of first repeater.

So, topicstarter, use ONE repeater and override its OnItem_Created.. and in this method get your subcategories for each of your categories.

0
Sergey
12/23/2008 1:49:51 PM

Hi eleven111 ,

You need to handle the inner DataList's itemcommand event .

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu
12/25/2008 7:11:49 AM

 Sorry for the delay...

And Thank you for  all your replies...It really saved my life...

Bye..

0
eleven111

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Is there any way to control the width of the Gridcolumn when the data is present and not present
I would like to know if there is any way you can control the gridview column width. Thanks in advance. Digish Hi,   try these link http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/17/10004157/setting-gridview-column-w.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178296(VS.80).aspxBabaIf this post was useful to you, please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer". Thanks You.:-)...

Data presentation without a data control
The Gridview and Formview controls provide good functionality in some circumstances but are clumsey in others. As a newbie to .NET I was wondering if its appropriate to do databinding with textboxes and other data controls outside of one of the new data controls (formview, gridview, etc). Or is it a new standard to always use one of the new data controls. If the answer is yes, would you still use an SQLDatasource, or would you set up the connection in code? And, how would you deal with the syntax? In the Formview we have: <asp:TextBox ID="fnameTextBox" runat="server" ...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

Run an event whose control is located in Data Presentation Controls
Hey, How can we fire an event which belongs to such as a button which is located in Data Presentation Controls such as a gridview.For example : Assume that my page contains a gridview control which is contains a button and the button name comes from database by gridview control but i wanna fire button control's own event independently of the GridView. Thanks and Regards.I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Hi:   You can use CommandArgument to distinguish different buttons in the same column: <asp:Button ID="Button2&...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Data Presentation Controls and complex data+logic
I'd like to know how people solve problem of binding complex data to data presentation controls. As we all know, real life is not as simple as webcasts etc. assume.Lets say we have something like this.List<Person> liPerson = PersonFactory.GetAllPersons();List<Company> liCompany = CompanyFactory.GetAllCompany();And I want a table something like this:Microsoft      Bill      JohnIBM      Ted      CharlesNokia      Matti Is there a generic solution to...

Data Presentation controls
Hi Is there someone how use data presentation controls? I found it for free on http://www.tufat.com Thanks There are data presentation controls built into ASP.Net 2.0 (GridView, Detailsview, etc) Of which controls are you speaking?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies)...

Which Data Presentation Control?
hi in my project i have a  directors page which includes their picture information and filmography. I want to show filmography in different data presentation control than the other data. And i want to show it with this stored procedure: select Film from Films inner join Film_Director on Films.id=Film_Director .fid where yid=@id but i have InCollection field in Films table and in my data presentation control i want to change the color of Film's Text by InCollection. If InCollection=true for that movie that row's text should be green if false should be red for example.  S...

How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net?
How does Visual Studio create ado.net equivalents of the datagrid's and gridview's columns and rows?  I am assuming they make a DataRow for each of the rows.  Am I on the right track with this?Is the table created by gridview basically a dataset from ADO.net?  Can anyone offer any guidance with this?Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts. Hi newbie2C#, The row in datagrid is called DataGridItem and in gridview is called GridViewRow. They are all inherits TableRow Class. DataRow is only one kind of row in GridView control. There are many other t...

Web resources about - Data presentation control in another Data presentation control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Presentation High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Coordinates : 37°17′N 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Presentation ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Presentation Shows Facebook Ad Product Roadmap: Page Metrics, Real Time Ads, No Banners
A document accidentally revealed by a Facebook advertising partner in Poland provides new details on the company’s ad product roadmap. The presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
Reading this blog article will take you only 12 minutes — 12 minutes to find out how to draft great presentations and to become a more effective ...

App Store - SlideShark: View & Share Presentations
Get SlideShark: View & Share Presentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Byron Bay Falls Festival crowds well-behaved, say organisers, with paramedic presentations down 50pc
Organisers of the Falls Festival in Byron Bay joke that the crowd of 16,000 each day is being disappointingly well-behaved.

How to Shoot and Upload Videos for PowerPoint Presentations
If you’re looking for a way to improve stale PowerPoint presentations and make a memorable impression, using video in your slides is a great ...

Chrome Beta v48 adds custom notification buttons, Presentation API support and more
... it some notable changes that will make developers' jobs much easier. New in the Chrome Beta version 48 update is support for the handy Presentation ...