Control the language encoding for a data exported from gridview to Excel

Hello there,

could anybody help me in this problem,

I have a data that export to Excel but when it is exported any text that not in english will appear as rubbish.

please help me

0
Kaka

Hi:

  Please open the exported file with notepad, what can you see in the <td>s? Please make sure these fields is Unicode encoding. Also try System.Web.HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(Eval("field_name")) instead of Eval("field_name")

Regards

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

GridView control exporting to Excel in Net 2.0
Well, I did my homework and found 33,868 references to issues with the gridview control and Excel, none of which were close to whats happening with my app. I have a Gridview control on my VB.NET main page and when I right click on it the popup allows me to export to Excel just fine..5-6 columns, less than 100 rows..when I do the same on another page I get an Excel error popup : "This web query returned no data.."..both grids have a (Select) button in the 1st column. The one that works is simply that...the one that doesn't has the Button.Text defined as something e...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Export SQL Query Data to Excel file and Prompt User to Save (Avoiding the user of controls like Gridview)
Hi All,I'm hoping someone maybe able to help with carrying out a select query which then is exported to excel where it prompts the end user to save avoiding:using any control such as gridview etc.not saving directly to the server.I found the following which grabs the query results and save to an .xls file directly onto the server but can't get it to prompt the user to download.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Code: (taken from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311194)//You use these variables throughout the application.     &n...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

How to export gridview data in excelexport data of gridview in excel?
dear friends i m using gridview with paging facility. can anyone tell me how do i export my gridview in excel? its urgent. thanks shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path Hi please follow the link. http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/04/export_gridview_to_excel_1.htmlValentine Day Special SongASP.NET ListView Control hi thanks for d reply but the blog doesnt get open.  ThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path It is opening at ...

Edit data with GridView Control ? or another control ? help
I use GrivView in ASP.Net 2.0 to show data from DataTable. And i want to edit some fields in some rows. How can I do it? If i touch EDIT button - all columns, which have ReadOnly=false, switch into EDIT mode. But I want, that in first raw I can edit 2,3 column and in second row only 3 column. How can I do it ? ...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

Web resources about - Control the language encoding for a data exported from gridview to Excel - asp.net.presentation-controls

Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language is the human capacity for acquiring and using complex systems of communication , and a language is any specific example of such a system. ...

The Eero Programming Language
Interesting new programming language from Andy Arvanitis: Eero is a fully binary- and header-compatible dialect of Objective-C, implemented ...

App used to teach foreign languages
The Federal Government trials an app program for preschoolers to help teach one of five languages which includes Mandarin, Japanese, Indonesian, ...

NACO premieres work inspired by Rita Joe's poem of language lost
The world premiere of I Lost My Talk — Spirit Prevails takes place tonight at the National Arts Centre. The multidisciplinary work is inspired ...

Quebec restaurant in trouble with language police over grilled cheese
A grilled cheese restaurant in the Quebec City area is in trouble with the province’s language police for using the English words “grilled cheese” ...

"In the Sinhala language,
"Sometimes it is used as ala vagaa kireema (අල වගා කිරීම)—'Planting Potatoes.' People/Profiles who [do] trolling often are called 'Potato Planters'— ...

Speaking their language
Speaking their language by digby The success of the conservative movement's message discipline is never better illustrated than when liberals ...

Learn any of these 16 programming languages and you'll always have a job
... capitalist Marc Andreessen famously declared. Someone has to write that software. Why not you? There are thousands of programming languages, ...

Why Do Animals Make Different Sounds In Different Languages
Submitted by: (via Arika Okrent ) Tagged: language , sounds , Video , animals Share on Facebook

Skype smashes language barrier with rollout of translation services
Microsoft has completed the roll out of the real-time translation feature to all Skype for Windows users. It says traffic spiked after the preview ...