Control No of records in DataGrid control

Hi

I am having more than 5000 records in the table. I had set page size:50, its loading 5000 records and showing 50 records... working fine. But my requirement is when page is loading i need to get only 50 letest records from the database. If user clicks on next it need to be connected to database and get next 50 records. How i can put pointer at 50 th record? Is there any way to do this???... plz help
Top function wont work for me.
Hope the problem is clear
regards
cnu
0
cnuxyz

The SQLDataAdapter can limit the rowsets in one of the Fill() method overloads.  Check it out in the MSDN.  It uses the dataset, passes in an integer value for starting record and number of records, and returns those results.

Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Custom Control within a Control Control

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

datagrid control in to Tabstrip control .
i need to insert a datagrid in a tabstrip seperator. is this possible? and in what way . Do you really mean Tabstrip "Seperator"? Or are you just trying to insert a DataGrid into a TabStrip control? ...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Energy-Control out of control !
Hello there! Since a while,the energy-saver shuts down the screen after 10 minutes,some time ago,it happens after half an hour,but I didn�t set it up in that orders !It makes me nervous,short time away from the comp,and soon the screen is dark! And the screensaver will not appear any more,too.I tried to enlarge the times in the energy-manager,created a new profile,switched off the laptopmode-service, nothing helps!And it seems,if there is no possibility to set one of the profiles up, they can only be changed,deleted or newly created. Is there really no place to force it to the ...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Upload control / color chart control / calendar control
Does anyone know of an advanced upload control with all the bells and whistles available? The same for a color chart and calendar control. Thank you, Steve About a chart control you can try one I wrote: WebChart Control It is free. Chart FX for .NET is the most advanced charting control for ASP.NET. You can check it out at www.softwarefx.com --- IG Software FX Yep. But Dundas isn't shabby either. DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone defi...

controlling user controls
I'm starting an app. I'm using a usercontrol for a template. In my "template" I have a usercontrol that at times displays a login form. In this usercontrol is a link to the register page. Currently, my register page works by just calling my register user control in the main content area of the template. I'd like to cut out the register.aspx so that the link simply tells the other area on my page to display the register.ascx. So that I don't have several pages... just one default.aspx. How do I do this? I'm thinking the template.ascx will have a placeholder in the main...

Web resources about - Control No of records in DataGrid control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject