Column span for Header in Datagrid

I am using datagrid control and let me know how to implement column span for Header.

And Also how to merge all the columns in Datagrid.

0
abeille_0562

column header to span two columns in a datagrid display
Is it possible for a column header to span two columns? If so how would this be done? Thanks In the ItemDataBound (or ItemCreated) check if Item is of type Header and if so - define the colspan property of the Cell object which you want to define the Colspan for and delete the next Cell from hte DataGridItem CheersBug [MCSD] Is it possible to span header column in design view only. using some kind of CSS. I'm using ASP,NET 3.5 and GridView...

How to retrieve controls in column header of a DataGrid?
I have controls in column header of a my DataGrid control grdDocumentDate. I use grdDocumentDate.FindControl() to look for the controls in column header but could not get them. Is there any way to solve the problem? ImageButton ib = (ImageButton)grdDocumentDate.FindControl("ibDocDate");ib always returns null.<asp:datagrid id="grdDocumentDate" style="Z-INDEX: 118; LEFT: 24px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 176px" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemCommand="ShowMoreDetailsCommand" BackColor="Silver"    Width="704px"> ...

Datagrid: Header text spanning more than 1 column
Hi all, Is it possible to have a column header spanning more than 1 column in a datagrid? Any pointers would be appreciated! Figured it out ! ... well: Oddly, I get an extra column??? which I the "delete". Any pros out there who can offer some slick code would be appreaciated. Bit of a fudge but works a treat! For anyone else with the same problemo: In the ItemDataBound event handler ... If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Header Then e.Item.Cells(3).ColumnSpan = 2 e.Item.Cells.RemoveAt(4) End If Looks good to me.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell ...

Can you control selectability of DataGrid column headers?
We have a DataTable with sorting enabled.  The person that I am working for has a complaint:  he wants the user to be able to select a column for sorting whenever the mouse is over the text in the header text of the column;  as things stand now, the cursor must be positioned  just below the text before the browser will allow selection.  Is there a way to control this, or  is this functionality that is internal to the browser? This behavior appears to only be an issue in Internet Explorer, not Firefox. the sort headers are simply an anchor...

how to put column values as column headers in datagrid
Hi, I am trying to develop a report. Basically we have two tables named A and B. In Table A we have columns DelivTypeId EstDate CompDate In Table B we have columns DelivTypeId DelivDesc I have written a join select statement to get the DelivDesc, StartDate, Enddate so the result would be like DelivDesc StartDate EndDate Tiering1 8/31/2004 9/20/2004 Tiering2 8/31/2004 9/20/2004 Tiering3 8/31/2004 9/20/2004 Tiering4 8/31/2004 9/20/2004 I need my datag...

how to freeze the datagrid header and how to freeze the datagrid first column
please tell me in detail how could i freeze datagrid header and datagrid first column. as a result when user scroll upward or downward then then datagrid header will be fixed.please help me with source code. Hi, I already gave the answer here: view post 624500. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Datagrid: Add a Main header row, above the column headers
Is this possible?  How is this done? -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Yes...Handle the ItemCreated event.  I have a sample using the GridView that can give you the idea http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/nestedgridviews/default.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com Do you have any examples using DataGrid in VB? Can the Header be displayed above the column headers?  -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_customheader.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http:...

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

Datagrid pager column span error when selecting first item on datagrid
I have started using the Datagrid with ASP.NET 2 and I came across a strange bug: When the grid has 1 or 2 selectable items, and I select the first one, the pager column span gets screwed up, and the pager instead of being expanded to the whole Datagrid width shrinks on the leftmost column of the grid.  Note that this happens only with asp.net 2. I checked the same code with ASP.NET 1.1 and it looks fine. Also it seems like a rendering problem because on prerender the pager looks ok. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Using Headers spannig multiple columns & aspbound columns together in the same datagrid

DataGrid column control
I have a datagrid, which users can scroll down instead of paging. (because i want user to able to use IE find function) However as I scroll down, I cannot see the datagrid column header text. What Can I do ? Box of chocolate for anyone who can solve ......... haha!!Share your knowledge, it's a way to achieve immortality Hi, Read : Creating a Scrollable DataGrid with a Fixed Header Have a look : MakeItScroll.com HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. Hello, you can find another example at the following link: Datagrid Examples. D...

control the columns of a datagrid
Hello, I have many datatables, i want to make a template datagrid with templates columns to all the datatables, but i want to control the number of columns according to the datatable i have. When i have a datatable that has 2 columns i want somehow to have a parameter for "visible" i each column. How do i make it??Thank you for your help. Achieving that would not be a bit issue - from within the column you can access the datasource of the grid - simply casting the Container.DataItem to DataRowView would give you an opportunity to find out the number of columns using Row.ItemA...

DataGrid Column Header
plz suggest me how to set grid header at run time.. tauseef Take a look @ How to Change DataGrid .....Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb THANX FOR HELP HOW TO SET DATE FORMAT (MM/DD/YYYY), IF ONE COLUMN IS DATE..??PLZ TAUSEEF Take a look @ use DataFormatStringSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb...

Datagrid column headers
Hi all, call me a noob by any means! Im trying to change the column headers in my datagrid. Currently they just display the name of the database field that they represent. How do I change this to a custom value? I can't seem to find it anywhere in Web Matrix please help! many thanks Tom You can set the header text using the bound columns. code : <asp:DataGrid id="ItemsGrid" runat="server"> <Columns> <asp:BoundColumn HeaderText="Description" ...

Web resources about - Column span for Header in Datagrid - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject