Clicks and double-clicks

Hi,

is it possible to distinguish between clicks and double-clicks occuring on datagrid rows?
If a single row is clicked it should be selected in order to allow various operations like deleting the row, duplicating it, etc.
If a row is double-clicked another event handler should be called that transfers the user to a details page.

Is there a workaround for this using JavaScript?
Thanks in advance,
P.
0
PontiMax

Both onclick and ondblclick events will fire when item in the explorer is double clicked therefore you simply need to create 2 separate handlers for each event, selecting a row before browsing to a details page will not heart (unless selecting a row means postback to a server)

Alternatively you might make this work with timers:
1.onclick, set a flag that Click was fired and set a timeout for a function to do the further action
2. ondblclick, set a flag that a double click was fired
3. In the function that is called by timer from the onclick event check the flag and perform an appropriate action
Cheers
Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger

Click...click...click
I was listening today to a photography podcast at: www.photography.ca/blog and the host Marko described the loss of the hard drive which contained a backup of all his images. He said that one morning he tried to boot up, and the drive just went "click... click... click" but never did anything more, and of course wouldn't boot. Is there a reasonable chance that Spinrite could fix that, or does that behavior indicate a physical problem with the drive head or electronics? Peabody wrote: > I was listening today to a photography podcast at: > > www...

click click click
the subject line is a sound that eminates from the harddrive of a laptop (not mine) with xp pro/ntfs unit powers up, unable to access the c drive. same results with a bootable floppy disk. I assume there is nothing else that can be done unless one wants to pay a company to recover the data? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:blv77g$i9q$1@news.grc.com... > the subject line is a sound that eminates from the harddrive of a laptop > (not mine) with xp pro/ntfs > > unit powers up, unable to access the c drive. same results with a bootable >...

How to trap Single Click/ Double Click/Right Click on Web Browser
HI.   I want to do two different opration on Single and Double Click on single link button. On different -2 link button single/double click are woring fine. But I have to use One link Button with two different event (Single Click and Double Click). When I write both events on link button (OnClick/OnDblClick) Only Click Event works not DblClick. Plaes tell me how can I use both Events on single control.   Thanks Hi.. Please check this site: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/MouseEvents.asp To use both events on a single control, try using a switch statement for the con...

How to perform a click or a double click
At the moment i cant use asp.net because we cant afford to be always online. So, im using smart application device. I need to do a double click on a cell of a datagrid, but im not getting there. Can anyone help me? Thx, Marco I'm assuming therefore you are building a .NET compact framework based client app. Try posting your question into their newsgrouip here. It also looks like there's a rich model for the control: see double-click event and DataGrid members. SimonThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

That ominous sound... click click click
Hi all, I arrived home this morning, to discover that my backup machine. [An old IBM desktop P1 233Mhz running W98SE] was just sitting there emiting a continuous series of clicks. All rather spooky, as it hadn't even been turned on for three weeks!! Only unplugging it from the wall socket would shut it up. (Plugging it into the mains immediately starts the clicking again.) Needless to say, it will no longer boot and I'm wondering where to start looking for the particular "ghost" in this machine.<g> I took off the side of the tower case and the clicks _s...

button click click click sound!
Ok stupid question time!Could somebody tell me if it is possible to remove the 'click' sound a button makes when you click on it?The image button doesn't do this. Only normal and linkbuttons. (Ok, auto-postback on dropdownlists do this as well!)I'm busy building a internal system using ATLAS which makes for an awesome experience.However the button click sound is giving it my secret away and killing mah magic! It's a client thing, not a server thing... Dont use a standard button, use your own control with onmousedown or some such.... The sounds are determined by t...

How to realize click and double click in GridView?
 I tryed to do it like thisprotected void gvActs_RowCreated(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) { if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { e.Row.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.oldbackstyle = this.style.backgroundColor; this.oldcolor = this.style.color; this.style.backgroundColor='#6156D3'; this.style.color = 'white';"); e.Row.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor=this.oldbackstyle; this.style.color = this.oldcolor; "); e.Row.Attribute...

Intercept mouse clicks or double-clicks
Using Delphi 2007 Win32 with all patches. On my form I have a scrollbox on which I dynamically create Panel objects, in each of which there are a variable number of TLabels. When the user clicks on a panel, I want to select the corresponding database record and perform some other related tasks. When the user double-clicks on a panel, I want to select the corresponding database record, perform the above-mentioned related tasks, and other additional tasks that are the differentiator between click and double-click. Solution adopted: Use the panel's OnClick and OnDblClick even...

Double clicking instead of single click.
Hi all, Can I change the single-click to double click? Thanks Heeter -- 'HCCTECH.CA' (http://hcctech.ca) OpenSUSE 11.0, KDE3.5 ATHLON XP2600+, 1024megsDDR400, 40Gig HD, XFX7950GT AGP ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Control Centre (configure desktop)/peripherals/mouse :) (for kde) -- Dxvid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dxvid's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3351 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=388580 H...

left-click + right-click = Next, right-click + left-click = Back
One really addictive feature, and a very natural gesture that Opera supports is the interpretation of a quick left-click + right-click combination to mean "Next". That will either take you to the next page in your history, or to the a page pointed to by a Next link on the page (I think there is a technically better way to put that last bit, but you will understand). Similarly, Opera interprets a quick right-click + left-click to mean Back. This is so natural to me that I find it hard to believe that various IDEs don't support it. I'm always doing it in bot...

Calendar control : Double click needed to affect DataList control
 I have a Calendar control on my web page, the user selects a date and that date is then used by the SDS for the DataList control. My problem is that the selected date when using the "SelectionChanged" events updates only on the second click. Thus I have to double click on everything/anything to get the date updated.    Protected Sub cal_Site_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cal_Site.SelectionChanged        sys_DateMin = cal_Site.SelectedDate       ...

Capturing a mouse click in control under the one clicked

Extra click required when returning from a double click
In PB7, We have a couple of places where we open a response window based on a double click on a DW. When we return, the first click on a toolbar icon or window close, etc. has no response - we have to click twice. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. Any ideas? Thanks! Pete When you are done with the response window, set focus back to the window and object you want to have focus once the response window is closed. Your first click after it closes is wasted because Windows uses it just to establish what's the next thing that is in focus. It's a little different work...

Click becomes Double Click in TBird and Firefox
Each click of the mouse within TBird and Firefox acts as a double click. This means selecting a message opens it in a separate window, each Delete kills two messages and clicking Forward or Back in Firefox goes forward/back twice. Also, sending emails now takes very much longer than normal (coincidence?). Selecting different folders in TBird will also open another instance of the program. Also, my folder views in TBird changed radically for an unknown reason - they (messages) are now divided into views by day quite differently than before. All in all, very annoying. Virus scan reveals...

Web resources about - Clicks and double-clicks - asp.net.presentation-controls

Double-click - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A double-click is the act of pressing a computer mouse button twice quickly without moving the mouse. Double-clicking allows two different actions ...

Double click on the next digital revolution, then brace yourself
If you think the internet is disruptive, wait till you see what's next.

Pebble Smart Watch Updates Bring Double-Click Notification Skipping And More Tweaks
... designated as version 2.3, brings improved Bluetooth LE connectivity and some stability improvements. Most notably, it introduces double-click ...

Introducing smart navigation in Street View: double-click to go (anywhere!)
Street View is a great way to see panoramas of streets from all over the world. We've launched some great improvements to this tool, including ...

Double-Click Must Die
Recently, we had this strange problem with a particular smart client application at work. It happened when the user clicked the OK button on ...

Add test to verify correct double click focus by samccone · Pull Request #1564 · tastejs/todomvc · GitHub ...
todomvc - Helping you select an MV* framework - Todo apps for Backbone.js, Ember.js, AngularJS, and many more

Dictionary Bubble Defines Words With a Double-Click
... chances are you could use a dictionary on hand. Dictionary Bubble makes it as easy as possible, providing definitions with a double click. ...

When double-click stops working in El Capitan
Dexter Rucker wrote in with a poser: After upgrading to El Capitan, I no longer have the capability of double clicking a folder on the Desktop ...

Optimized: Mobile Paid-Search Clicks Double
Paid-search clicks on mobile devices rose 10% in Q4 2011, according to Marin Software, a digital marketing firm. Smartphones took 6% and tablets ...

EU Regulators Close to Granting Google's Acquisition of Double-Click - Search Engine Journal
Looks like the European Union is set to allow Google's $3.1 billion acquisition of Double-Click as speculators have predicted. The EU ruling ...