Checkbox checked at client side???

Hi,

I have a datagrid. In this datagrid
At each row I have a checkbox to select the whole row. The second column is a bound column and it keeps the id of the product, the third contains the name of the product and so on...
I want to get the id of the product as soon as i check the checkbox. However,this should be handled in client side.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks...
0
esensevinc

Implement the ItemDataBound event of the grid and make sure ID of the row gets passed to the client side onclick event handler of the checkbox.
Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger
7/26/2004 12:57:40 PM
I'm sorry but I could not manage to implement ItemDataBound event. I'm beginner in ASP.net...

I have done something like that but it didn't work.
private void dgUrun_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e)
{
e.Item.Cells[0].ID = e.Item.Cells[1].Text;
}
I have the product_id in Cells[1]. How can I pass this ID to client side script?
Can you help me further?
0
esensevinc
7/26/2004 1:50:49 PM
Thanks for your help:)

After a few search, I have found out the solution for my problem.
0
esensevinc
7/27/2004 6:36:59 AM
Would you mind posting the solution for me as well as others searching for this solution. I need to incorporate the same exact thing...

Thanks,
Andrea
0
fitchic77

checkbox client side onclick event to manage checked status of multiple checkbox controls or multiple items in a checkboxlist
I want to use javascript to run a client side function to manage the checked state of multiple checkbox controls.  For example, if checkboxA is checked by the user, I want to uncheck checkboxB & checkboxC and check checkboxD.  I do not want to make this a postback event. Also, I'm considering using a checkboxlist control.  If I were to use a checkboxlist control with 6 list items, how would I control the checked status of the different list items based upon an onclick event for one of the list items.  An example: if checkbox list item (1) is checked, I want to unc...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

CheckBox list control values on Client side.
How to get the  values of Chekbox list items on client side. For example we have the following Checkbox list control   <asp:CheckBoxList id="CheckBoxList2"     runat="server" Width="152px" EnableViewState="False">    <asp:ListItem Value="111">aaa</asp:ListItem>    <asp:ListItem Value="222">bbb</asp:ListItem>    <asp:ListItem Value="333">ccc</asp:ListItem>   </asp:CheckBoxList> This  renders to  'Table and input tags on ...

Checkbox List Check/Uncheck All Client Side
I have developed several web forms that include checkbox lists and radiobutton lists whose text and value fields are generated from a SQL Database table. I now would like to create a button or checkbox that will select and deselect the checkboxes on the client side. I have looked into the scripts that cycle through individual checkboxes and change their selected value based on their name, but the problem there is that checkbox lists automatically create individual names for each checkbox in the list - for example: I have a checkbox list with ID="cbxCardio" The names generated f...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Checking All CheckBoxes in a GridView Using Client-Side Script
Hi; I have  checkbox column in gridview and a checkbox in header gridview. i write down code: Dim checkbox As CheckBox = GridView2.HeaderRow.FindControl("HeaderCheckbox")checkbox.Attributes("onclick") = "ChangeAllCheckBoxStates(this.checked);"  For Each row As GridViewRow In GridView2.Rows Dim a As CheckBox = row.Cells(0).FindControl("CheckBox2") If row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow ThenClientScript.RegisterArrayDeclaration("CheckboxIDs", String.Concat("'", a.ClientID, "'")) End IfNe...

Uncheck checkbox in treeview control from client side (javascript)
Can any one help in How to uncheck any checked checkbox in treeview control using javascript?...

powerupasp.net treeview control & client-side population
Anybody ever used this treeview control? I'm using it in some custom modules and I'd like to use its client-side population of nodes ability, like on the msdn site. The treeview control uses a javascript xmlhttp object to callback to an aspx page to get the data to fill the opened node, but of course in dnn, the modules that contain the actual treeview are dynamically loaded, so it won't naturally work. Also, I would want the out of band request from the xmlhttp object to get authorized just like any regular request to a dnn site from a browser. Any ideas on how to implement this? Core ...

Can you save Client Side 'Checkbox' checked to Mysql?

Web resources about - Checkbox checked at client side??? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Checkbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , a checkbox ( check box , tickbox , or tick box ) is a graphical user interface element ( widget ) that permits the user to make ...

XYplorer adds flat select tool, timestamping, sticky checkbox selection and improves portable device ...
... them a date previously copied to the clipboard. sc_* - *.doc matches both files beginning sc_ and those with a .doc extension. Sticky checkbox ...

Beware of checkbox marketing!
... able to sell the product at all and the company will go out of business. (sometimes in those exact words) These are the two edges of the checkbox ...

Disable Lion’s Resume Checkbox When Shutting Down [Video How-To]
One of the most annoying features in OS X Lion for me has been the little checkbox on the shutdown dialog box that states, "Reopen windows when ...

A Checkbox On Your Tax Return Helped Kill Public Campaign Funding
You already hate tax season, and as you move wearily through the cold calculations of the 1040 form, you come across a familiar checkbox. It’s ...

Google's Clever Plan to Replace CAPTCHA With a Checkbox
CAPTCHAs are an unfortunate side effect of the internet. They're those irritating collection of numbers and letters morphed into some Surrealist ...

Great news: New EEOC checkbox category emerges
"Bow-tie'n white boys"? Hey, I tried to anticipate the next expansion in ethnic categorization yesterday with my proposal for recognition of ...

Checkbox Syndrome: Why We Spend Money on Things We Don't Need
Ever been overwhelmed by the temptation to buy the latest shiny thing because it's got another checkbox in the features column? We call this ...

Magid: Google ditching CAPTCHA for 'I'm not a robot' checkbox
We need better security, but we need to find systems that are hard for bad guys to break but easy for good folks to use. Google is one of the ...