Changing field names (display name) for a web interface and how to create a scroll bar for a datagrid or any control with a scroll bar to display data

Hello,

 Can any1 please help me. i was wondering if any1 can tell  me how i can change  field names for a data grid only for the display on the web interface and also how can i put scroll bars on my data grid. Thank you.

0
misbahmurtza

Hi misbahmurtza,

You can set field names in HeaderText attribute in any column or template.

If you want to create a scroll bar, the easiest way is to set style for the <div> which contains your datagrid.

Here is a sample: <div style="vertical-align: top; height:100px; width:100%; overflow:auto;">

Make sure height is lower than your datagrid, if not scroll bar will not be presented.

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

Web Custom Control
 I wrote this web custom control, and finally got all the embedded images and script files to embed, and display properly.But when I assign a name to the ID of the Control, the server changes the ID Name.So I have a control called txtMovieEmbed, and I assign the ID as txtMovieEmbed.But when the control renders, the name changes to ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder2_txtMovieEmbed txtMovieEmbed = New TextBox txtMovieEmbed.Width = 325 txtMovieEmbed.CssClass = "FormControl" txtMovieEmbed.ReadOnly = True txtMovieEmbed.Text = MovieEmbedCode txtMovieEmbed.ID = "txtMovieEmbed&qu...

Is there a control which can display scroll bar when image dimension exceed the control
I put a image in the control, when the image dimension is less than the control dimension, it's normal, but when  the image dimension is larger than the control dimension, I hope the control can display a scroll bar , so I can view full dimension image by operate scroll bar.SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Hi, You could simply place your image inside a HTML DIV element with a CSS class that keeps the dimensions, something like the following would work: .scrollableImage...

how to get a control ID from a bind field name / bound field (column) name from a formview's control
I have a form view which is bound to a table, now from codebehind file I need to apply some formatting based on some of the field's bound control. For example, if Formview1 is bound to Employee table, and it's item template has a control with ID "Label1" which is bound to "EmployeeJoinDate" . Now, I have a different table which has a list of field name(EmployeeJoinDate is one of them), all of which should be applied some formatting based on some condition. Now I can take two approach for that, but I am stuck at both:  1. If I can somehow get the contro...

vertical scroll bar in datagrid control
Is there a way I can add a vertical scroll bar to a datagrid...WITHOUT using the <DIV overflow: auto> tag??? Thanks in advance! I did find this cool custom control: http://www.shawnmullen.com/web/webcontrols/ which does implement the vertical scroll bar. They use the overflow style attribute. I know of no way to do this without using that method....

Control Display Names
I am developing an application which displays the Name of the user. The name information is coming either from windows logon account or from MS outlook. My job is to display the name of the user as First Name, Last Name format or Last Name, First Name format. The application should pick one of the formats based on the WEB.Config settings. If you got any suggestions please share with me...   Warm Regards,Thiyasoft In your web.config add something like: from your page read the setting with say: string nameFormat = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["NameFormat"...

How to maintain the scroll bar position of the treeview control in a webpart control?
I have a tree view control in a webpart control.  Between postbacks, the scroll is reset to the top of the panel control that contains the tree view control.  Basically I like to achieve the same functionality of TreeNode's EnsureVisible in the Win Form, but in the Web Form. I tried the following client-side script that I read at other posts var name = tvNavigation_Data.selectedNodeID.value;var selectedNode =Document.all?Document.all[name]ocument.getElementById(name);if(selectedNode){ selectedNode.scrollIntoView(true); } where tvNavigation_Data is the name of the tree view c...

Changing the toolbox display name of a custom control
Hi, Can anyone help me in changing the toolbox display name of a custom server control?i tried using the following code, but its not working. [ToolboxItem(typeof(ClassName)),DisplayName("NewName")] Thank you, Senthil Kumar Hi, From your description, it seems that you want to modify the server control display name in the toolbox, right? If so, I think you need to open the customer server control project, and in the source code of that server control, change the line in bold, and build again. namespace WebControlLibrary1{    [DefaultProperty("Text")...

Vertical Scroll Bar on web server controls?
I have data in the from of a single dimension array and I need to show the column in any web server control that has automatically the vertical scroll bar button. I know textbox has if we change teh mode to multiline, however I am not sure how to add an array to text box? Is there any other control which automatically has the built in vertical scroll bar functionality.  I donot want to use the div tags. you could use a listbox control: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.listbox.aspxMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different...

How to change the name value of attributes of textbox control that added DataGrid control?
I created a DataGrid and added a textbox control as a template column and binded a DataSet as for DataSource in my webform1.aspx. when you looked at the HTML format souce code of dataGrid after that have generated . i found all the textbox named with datagrid,textbox and a random number. The question is how can i rename it in running time? i have tried some times in different event of datagrid  but i fail! thanks. Of course the ID of the textbox will not be the same as you named it, because datagrid contains lots of rows and each row will have a textbox, so to...

programmaticly move scroll bar in treeview web control up
Hi, everyone, Thanks in advance. Let me give some background first: I have a treeeview web control in my page. The tree has 2 indent levels. It first loads all parent nodes with only the top node expanded. Then when user clicks another parent node, this parent node should jump up to the top of the tree and gets expanded, while the previous top node moves down to the second place. I am able to handle this SelectedIndexChange event successfully. But when tree gets big and scroll bar appears, and user clicks some parent node on the bottom of the tree, Now I want the scroll bar jump to the t...

how to use a button to control the scrolling of DW instead of showing the h/v scroll bars
hi there, i am using powerbuilder 6.5, n tried the scroll()/ scrollnextpage()/ setrow() functions, all of them return w a successful state. but the contents of the dw control doesn't change a bit. anyone can help? tks, joe do you test the scrolltorow function ? JL a �crit : > hi there, > > i am using powerbuilder 6.5, n tried the scroll()/ scrollnextpage()/ > setrow() functions, all of them return w a successful state. but the > contents of the dw control doesn't change a bit. > anyone can help? > > tks, > joe > jean, ...

Is it possible to display a large text field with scroll bars in a detailsView
Hey all, I'm interested in displaying a comments field from my database in a detailsview.  Ideally I'd like to display it in a textbox that is a set number of lines high and if the field is larger than it would add scroll bars.  Is this at all possible?  I'm leaning towards using a formView instead because it seems to be more flexible but potentially a lot more work?  Does the formView allow this?  I'm very new to ASP.NET Thanks in advance Just a simple HTML textarea will do the trick! I'm unclear on this. When you say an html textarea will...

Changing the order of the rows displayed in the datagrid by using a click and drag interface, also making changes in the backend so that the datagrid is updated when it is displayed again
Is this possible using ASP.NET?? Trying to implement a click n drag interface like the new yahoomail or hotmail for a datagrid Take a look at the ASP.NET Ajax ReorderList.Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum gr8... thanks...

How I disable vertical scroll bar of report viewer control on Web Form.
I'm displaying .rdlc report file using Report viewer control on Webform. If  I Fix height of viewer control and data is not same as to size of viewer control then it display one scrollbar on viewer control and second vertical scroll bar is coming on webpage.  I want to off viewer vertical scrollbar or in simple word's I don't want to display two scroll bar with my report. Please guide me or send me reference if any. Thanks,Vaibhav Jain You to set two properties to make the repoertviewer autosize: AsyncRendering = false; and SizeToReportContent = true;Thanks,MaxLe...

Web resources about - Changing field names (display name) for a web interface and how to create a scroll bar for a datagrid or any control with a scroll bar to display data - asp.net.presentation-controls

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iOS 9 How-To: Use the updated multitasking interface on iPhone and iPad
Ever since Apple made the move to a more ‘flat’ design with iOS 7 , the multitasking interface has changed in either a minor or major way with ...

Google streamlining Hangouts on the web with interface tweaks, higher quality video
Google has announced some updates coming to Hangouts video calls on the web, including a tweaked interface, along with faster, crisper full-screen ...

This startup wants to bring a Minority Report-style interface to your living room
... ago. After all, the best input device would be no extra input device at all—who wouldn’t want a perfectly accurate Star Trek -style voice interface ...

In pictures: iOS 9 vs. Android 6.0 Marshmallow user interfaces
Apple and Google already have hundreds of millions users for their mobile operating systems. Hardcore fans of each mobile platform seem to be ...

Google Updates Search Interface For Tablets
It looks like Google updated the search interface for tablets and switched to the mobile UI. The previous tablet interface was an interesting ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...

Digitimes Research: Pogo Pin to account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart wearable ...
Pogo Pin will account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart watches and smart bands in 2016, all types of USB together for ...

Google Camera Receiving Update for Android 6.0+ Devices, Includes New Interface
Google Camera , Mountain View’s in-house shooter software for Android devices, is receiving an update to build 3.1. Inside, the new UI that is ...

What are brain-machine interfaces, and how do they work?
Brain-machine interfaces seem like pure science fiction, but they're already revolutionizing medicine and your smartphone might not be far behind. ...