Can you control selectability of DataGrid column headers?

We have a DataTable with sorting enabled.  The person that I am working for has a complaint:  he wants the user to be able to select a column for sorting whenever the mouse is over the text in the header text of the column;  as things stand now, the cursor must be positioned  just below the text before the browser will allow selection.  Is there a way to control this, or  is this functionality that is internal to the browser?
0
napoleonXV

This behavior appears to only be an issue in Internet Explorer, not Firefox.
0
napoleonXV
1/4/2007 4:42:49 AM

the sort headers are simply an anchor tag in a table cell.

I've not seen what you are describing (in IE or Firefox).  You may want to check your styles.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige

Can you have a datagrid control inside of a repeater control. If so, how do you reference the datagrid in code behind
Hello, If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a repeater control and I want to place a datagrid inside of the repeater control's item template. The problem is, I don't know how to reference the datagrid control in the code behind. Also, can I bind data into the headertemplate of the repeater control such as a name. Actually I would only need a name. Don't know about GridView inside the Repeater, but did you thought about Repeater inside the Repeater?(Example below)  1 Protected Sub rptMain_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syst...

How can I control the width of a column in the GridView control.
From searching I see mention of ways to do it before the controls are bound. Is there a simpler way? If not, could someone explain to me how I need to go about it?Here is the code: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="id"        DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="There are no data records to display."        OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged">   &nbs...

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

How to retrieve controls in column header of a DataGrid?
I have controls in column header of a my DataGrid control grdDocumentDate. I use grdDocumentDate.FindControl() to look for the controls in column header but could not get them. Is there any way to solve the problem? ImageButton ib = (ImageButton)grdDocumentDate.FindControl("ibDocDate");ib always returns null.<asp:datagrid id="grdDocumentDate" style="Z-INDEX: 118; LEFT: 24px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 176px" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemCommand="ShowMoreDetailsCommand" BackColor="Silver"    Width="704px"> ...

how can i Fill the controls on web page by selecting value from dropdownlist control.
  Hi,  Currentlly i am working on a web application where i require to fill the web form with the selected item in a text box. for example i have dropdown control named supplier_name, and i want to fill all the other controls values from database on the form when i select name from that supplier_name box,i.e , if i select name1, then related to that name, its code,address ,city should appear on related text boxes. I have done the same in windows application with c# , but the problem with web application(asp.net) is that, when i select Supplier _ it...

LITERAL control containing html SELECT control
on a web page written in VB.NET , I have a literal control created. It's contents is : Literal1.Text = " <select name=""addselect"" id =""addselect"" style=""width=100%"" size=""2"" maxlength=""27"" runat=server " & _ " onclick=""__doPostBack(" & _ "'addselect','')"" " & _ " language= ""javascript""> " & _ " <optgroup label="&quo...

How can I create a OLE control by writing script instead of selecting on control panel?
I want to create a OLE control which names "test.testControl",How to? I wrote like this: OLEControl ole_1 ole_1 = Create OLEControl ole_1.InsertClass("test.testControl") but it failed. Drop an empty OLE control on your window. I did this by selecting OLE from the toolbar, clicking cancel on the dialog then clicking on my window thus adding the OLE container to the window. Click cancel again if the OLE dialog pops up. Next, in a command button I added: ole_1.InsertClass("excel.sheet") When I click the command button, the OLE object of E...

Can I have a control that controls more than on link?
The question is, i have a page that have 3 sections that are controled by 3 controls.This controls just post to a page and then retrieve the html of the page and then post it back to the Community. This 3 contrlols have the same code except the link. of the page I want to retrieve . Is there a more simple way to not having 3 controls that due exactly the same? Thanks  ...

Control No of records in DataGrid control
Hi I am having more than 5000 records in the table. I had set page size:50, its loading 5000 records and showing 50 records... working fine. But my requirement is when page is loading i need to get only 50 letest records from the database. If user clicks on next it need to be connected to database and get next 50 records. How i can put pointer at 50 th record? Is there any way to do this???... plz help Top function wont work for me. Hope the problem is clear regards cnu The SQLDataAdapter can limit the rowsets in one of the Fill() method overloads. Check it out in the ...

select control in a repeater control
Hi I have a repeater control which data are selected that way:  Strsql = "SELECT T_PRODUIT.NO_PRODUIT, T_PRODUIT.UNITE, T_PRODUIT.NO_CATEGORIE, T_PRODUIT.NO_CSBE,T_PRODUIT.NOUVEAU,T_PRODUIT.ID_PRODUIT, " & _ "CASE WHEN IMAGE IS NULL THEN 'Aucun.gif' ELSE IMAGE END AS IMAGE1, T_PRODUIT.NOM, " & _ "T_PRODUIT.DESCR, T_PRODUIT.DETAIL,T_FOURNISSEUR_PRODUIT.NO_FOURNISSEUR_PRODUIT, T_FOURNISSEUR_PRODUIT.PRIX, T_FOURNISSEUR_PRODUIT.PRIX_LISTE, " & _ "T_FOURNISSEUR.NOM as FNOM, T_FOURNISSEUR.NO_F...

datagrid control in to Tabstrip control .
i need to insert a datagrid in a tabstrip seperator. is this possible? and in what way . Do you really mean Tabstrip "Seperator"? Or are you just trying to insert a DataGrid into a TabStrip control? ...

Can repeater control go inside datagrid column?
I am creating a document control. Each row of my datagrid will contain fixed information about date, title, description, text, etc. This row will be build off a documents table in my database. But, I want the last column in my datagrid to hold a variable number of links to media files that might be assigned to each document. This data will come from a second data table containing media links and their filetypes (i.e. word, pdf, mpeg, etc). The user can link multiple instances of a media type to one document. Each of these media links will have icons, I want everything to appear nicely...

How can I register an event for a control in DataGrid template column?
Hello Is it possible to register events for controls in a DataGrid template column? I have an editable DataGrid comprised mostly of template columns. I want to use a CustomValidator for some of the columns but I don't know how to register events for the CustomValidator. In particular I want to wire up a 'ServerValidate' event. When I use a CustomValidator (or any Control for that matter) outside of a DataGrid control, I have access to the Events tab in the Properties window. But when the Control is in a Template column of a DataGrid, the Events tab is not there anymore. Is it poss...

Web resources about - Can you control selectability of DataGrid column headers? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Timex Datalink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The model 150. The optical sensor is clearly visible at 12 o' clock on the face of the watch. The Microsoft logo is also visible. The wave pattern ...

The Streaming Media Way Back Machine – My Strategy for Broadcast.com from 1999
... not for sale Bottom line is any content available to any user, with any other content interwoven inside of it., with complete user selectability ...

What the iPad is Missing (No, it’s not a Camera)
I’m not an iPad naysayer. I forked over $700 on the first day of pre-ordering and my iPad hasn’t left my side, day or night, since it arrived ...

Overview of Actual Backup Of Files (Windows)
After the shadow copy has been completed, all I/O operations on the system that is being backed up should be able to resume without disrupting ...

Apple Patent Application Suggests Pop-Up Radial Menus Could be Included in iOS 5
We’ve already seen a couple of different patents from Apple this week, and it doesn’t look like the Cupertino-based company is slowing down any ...

Comments Transcript: NASA Planetary Science Division Research and Analysis Program Restructuring Virtual ...
Comments Transcript: NASA Planetary Science Division Research and Analysis Program Restructuring Virtual Town Hall - SpaceRef

How to make wearables stick: use them to change human behavior
... experience flaws. Product design teams typically work toward nine baseline criteria that must be met to drive initial adoption and use: selectability, ...

United States Patent Application
1. A method, comprising: receiving a request for a container document; determining whether the request is for a container document associated ...

Self and Community in the City - Chapter 5.3: Attitudes of Heirs
... Chapters 1. Symbolism, Self and Urban Environment Residential Succession: How "Losers" Win Negro Pioneers and White Flight Relative Selectability ...

Evolution of the bacterial flagellum
A detailed and testable scenario for the evolutionary origin of the bacterial flagellum.