can i page thru grid view without posting back!

can i page thru grid view without posting back!

0
jolyon

 HI,

Set the EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks property of the gridview to true and the paging and sorting will happen without a postback.

Hope this helps
Vikram
Vikramlakhotia.com
JustlikeThat
Why Not

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
9/2/2007 12:56:03 PM

i set this to true and it says Callbacks are not supported on TemplateField because some controls cannot update properly in a callback.  Turn callbacks off on 'GridView2'.

is there any way around this?

thanks for help

0
jolyon

In that case you will have to use the asp.net ajax extension. Use the ajax extension and wrap the gridview inside an updatepanel. That will do the job.

Hope this helps

Vikram
Vikramlakhotia.com
JustlikeThat
Why Not

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
9/3/2007 4:19:51 AM

This sounds like the solution. however i have no experience with AJAX. where do i get the AJAX extension? is it easy to implement?

Many thanks for help.

Jolyon

0
jolyon
9/3/2007 10:48:39 AM

Yes dear, using UpdatePanel is the solution. You can download ajax extension from

http://www.asp.net/ajax/ You can find all tutorials as well. It is very easy to use and you will enjoy it

Imtiaz Durrani
E-Lecturer Software Projects and Research
Virtual Univeristy of Pakistan
0
imtiaz_durrani
9/4/2007 5:08:46 AM

ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control

Other Ajax Links...

View the Control Toolkit, Live
ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit
ASP.NET AJAX > ASP.NET AJAX Roadmap
ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Download
Ajax Control Toolkit Download
ASP.NET Ajax Sample Example MSI Download
Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Library Download
ASP.NET Controls: AJAX Components for Web Development

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
kaushalparik27

I have tried using the ajax UpdatePanel. and i'm using it with a gridview that has a pagertemplate. it is saying that the pager template is not supported? any idea why?

0
jolyon
9/4/2007 10:49:54 AM

Hi:

  Please post your current code and tell us the error description in detail.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen
9/7/2007 5:43:18 AM

i got this working now. sorry i did not close it off. i am new to this forum and did not realise that i had to do that. I have lots more problems though and i will be posting them today. Thanks

0
jolyon

when paging thru gridview is it possible refresh view without posting the whole page back?
when paging thru gridview is it possible refresh view without posting the whole page back? Yes.  You can add AJAX functionality to your site and put the GridView on an UpdatePanel.  There are some tutorial videos on this site that show you how to add AJAX to an existing site.  Steve Wellens My blog thanks...

can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date?
can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date? First: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27237 Then http://javascript.internet.com/time-date/date-picker.htmlRegards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site jolyon:can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date?  Based on my understanding, you can try to use JavaScript to solve your problem.Also I write a demo for your reference only; Please look at the part of "bold";CalendarDemo.aspx: <%@ Pa...

Can we reserver view state when page is post back from another page
When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read. But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?  ad_flying wrote: When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read. But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ? I don't think so, whats the purpose for that?Richard XinMCAD(charter member),MCDBA,MCSDWeb Site: www.richardxin.com (For ASP.Net tips and Code snippet) I have seen this implementation a...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

Can you post a page back to the server without a form?
Can you post a page back to the server without a form from the HTML side? What are my options?  I am using Sharepoint with webparts that do not have a form in the code. I need to seperate a few things/functions based on some criteria that I can't get unless I submit the page back to the server.   any suggestions? Not sure if this is useful to help get me an answer But something like onclick="__doPostBack('CheckBox1','') but I all I want to do is post the entire page back....I dont care about checkboxes or txt boxes.  Just posting it back to s...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

Retrive the Data from Data base using hyperlink in a grid view and populating in Controls(Textbox,DDL,Grid View) in another page
  Hello Guys,                  I have a Grid View in one page connected to a DB with multiple columns.Only 5 columns are displayed in the grid view and the grid view has a hyper link.When I click the hyper link(in PAGE1),I must navigate to other page(PAGE2) where there are many controls(Text Box,DDL's and Grid Views).1)I want to populate these controls when the hyper link is clicked.2)I have Grid Views in page 2 which are even connected to other tables which are connected to this table with keys, ev...

Is that we can Redirect the Grid View from one Page to Another Page?
 Is that we can Redirect the Grid View from one Page to Another Page?If Yes can anybody can give me an example Please. Hey sandynaidu,Yes, sureee you can ... save the datasource into a session then cast it to re-use in page2 Session["dt"] = ds.Tables[0];  //to save into the session Datatable dt = (DataTable)Session["dt"];   //to cast   Please, let me know if that helped ... Best Regards ..  Please, “Mark as Answer” the post that helped you.  protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    { &nbs...

Please tell me how can come back my page post back
Hi, i am using linkbutton it can be  postback to different url .its working fine but my page rest of button controls also postback to same url please tell me how can avoid this problem.  did u enclose your code inside if (!Page.IsPostBack) { }    From which problem you wants to avoid. do you want to disbale redirect all other buttons. If this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Cheers,Muhammad Rizwan JavedSr .Net DeveloperAim 168, Dubai, UAE.  Can you post a copy of your code? It will help me find out how and where the url redirect is hapenning....

How can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other page
hi thereHow can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other pageif any one can help me out , its would be thanksplease show ur answer with code if u couldthankssyed If I understand you correctly you want the Browser back button to take the user back to the previous page and not to the expired page. Use Page.SmartNavigation = true; in all your pages so that the postback url is not added. In this case you will only see the initial page not the ones that are result of a postback because they require form submitted data from even pre...

How to post back without really posting back?
I call a web service to get a value to update a textbox in response to a client side (javascript) event. Once I have that value I also need to update a RangeValidator's MaximumValue property. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this from the client side and I really don't want to do a full postback just to update this property. Can someone suggest an alternative? Thanks ... Ed   You can do everything with JavaScript. After the textbox is updated through your web service, you can use another javascript function to validate the range of the input. Use the onchange fu...

User control causes post-back of parent page: how to re-populate page?
I have a custom control which displays a grid. It is placed on a parent page with two other grids. When the user makes an update in the grid in the user control, the hole page is posted back. As the grids outside the user control are not bound to a datasource, they are emptied upon this post-back. Only the grid in the control is re-populated as the code-behind of the control handles its re-population. I don't know how I can re-populate the grids of the parent page from the code-behind of the custom control. Is there some kind of "parent" property in page of the custom control w...

How to load pages only in the content area without posting the entire page back to the server?
HiCan anyone suggest a method by which I could possibly load only the content area as I don't want the menu and other images around the content area to be loaded again with the same content as the data in the content area only changes without any change in the surrounding area of the pages. Is there any method other than using controls to load the content area without a postback?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai It looks like what you need is the UpdatePanel to do partial-page rendering. This part of the Microsoft AJAX extensions.   Check out this link: http://...

Web resources about - can i page thru grid view without posting back! - asp.net.presentation-controls

Trumpscript: a programming language based on the rhetorical tactics of Donald Trump
Trumpscript a python variant only allows numbers over 1,000,000; has no import statements (all declarations must be homegrown); only has integers ...

Apple will open an iOS Application Development Center in Europe
Apple is taking a hand in training future iOS developers, announcing the creation of an iOS App Development Center in Italy, along with plans ...

Princess Leia Appeared on Star Wars Rebels, Complete With Her Trademark Authority
Star Wars Rebels returned Wednesday for the back half of its second season and it did so with a major player joining the show. Welcome Princess ...

Facebook Sports Stadium Opens Its Doors
You don’t need a ticket to get into Facebook Sports Stadium—an iPhone in the U.S. will allow users of the social network admission to a real-time ...

Even Bill Doesn’t Like Hillary Clinton’s Primary Strategy
According to reporting from Politico , Bill Clinton is getting increasingly “nervous” about his wife Democratic presidential candidate Hillary ...

Mark Ruffalo Compares ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ to ‘Midnight Run,’ Which Is Really All You Need to Hear
The first two Thor movies have their moments, but they’re among the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s more forgettable chapters. They never reach the ...

How the WaPo whitewashed the Flint water disaster
I’m one of those masochists who signs up for daily email alerts from several news services just to keep tabs on the stories I might miss on cable ...

Ninth planet in solar system probably exists, astronomers say
For those of us who grew up learning about the solar system ‘s nine planets, there may be nothing that can fill that Pluto-shaped hole in our ...

The latest on the potentially historic East Coast snowstorm
A potentially historic snowstorm is all but certain to crush Washington, D.C., and the surrounding region beginning Friday afternoon with up ...

US Air Force Drones Crashed In Record Numbers Last Year
It goes without saying that many battles in this day and age are fought remotely, as technology advances in such a manner so as to deliver a ...