Can a Repeater Control display records in 2 Columns?

I am trying to make use of some empty space on my page that displays in a Repeater control a bunch of records that only have a small amount of data to display in 3 Columns.

I am trying to figure out if I can split 2 records into 2 columns side by side then repeat the next 2 records below the first 2.

So essentially I want the repeater to repeat twice horizontally, then step vertically down one line and repeat 2 more records horizontally.

ie.

Record 1 Record 2

Record 3 Record 4

Record 5 Record 6

and so on...

Anything would be great and yes no maybe so, or a link to a tutorial on how to do this if it can be done.

www.someguy.ca rantings from some Canadian guy
Follow me on twitter as well twitter.com/SomeCanadianGuy
2
Rivelyn

You have complete control of the layout with Repeater control.  However, what you need is easier to get with DataList control.  See RepeatColumns property.

-yuriy

0
ysw
7/19/2007 2:36:44 PM

There are two ways I can think of doing this

  • Create a temporary table 2 slots in SQL wide and allocate the records, then read back the temporary table.
  • Otherwise dump the repeater, generate the table directly and inject it into the space where the repeater was. I have used this latter approach on numerous projects and it is much easier than it sounds. You just need to have a good idea of the HTML you need to generate, so do a mock-up first.

TATWORTH
7/19/2007 2:39:22 PM

Perfect the data list control did exactly what I needed. In fact in the code all I did was replace the RepeaterControl text with with DataList text and everything worked without a hitch.

www.someguy.ca rantings from some Canadian guy
Follow me on twitter as well twitter.com/SomeCanadianGuy
0
Rivelyn
7/21/2007 5:31:34 PM

Hello Rivelyn

Can you post a sample code ..how you implemented Datalist to get the result as you wish

am not able to do that...

Thanks in advance

0
shiva
10/7/2008 11:28:40 AM

Sorry Shiva, I posted that question over a year ago. I can't even find or remember where I used this code. I do know that I was able to achive what I wanted to just through the properties of the Datalist control without having to even look at any code.

www.someguy.ca rantings from some Canadian guy
Follow me on twitter as well twitter.com/SomeCanadianGuy
0
Rivelyn

2 x 2 display in repeater control?
How to display item in 2 x 2 format in repeater control thanks in advancefeed the creative machine off the top of my head - - create each item to be inside a Tablecell - width=144 height=144 (72 pixels per inch X2)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) Hi, sorry my question was too short But I solved...

can we use gridview control with in repeater control
HI all,     Can i use gridview control with in repeater control, Any one knows plzzz... let me know. Is there any possibility for this?      It is urgent required... plzzzz... help me..  ------------- ThanksBalu Chandaka  yes you can nest a gridview control in the repeater controlJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Hi Jeev,    Thank you for your reply.But how can do that give some idea or If you have any example code snippet then plzzz... let m...

How can I control the width of a column in the GridView control.
From searching I see mention of ways to do it before the controls are bound. Is there a simpler way? If not, could someone explain to me how I need to go about it?Here is the code: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="id"        DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="There are no data records to display."        OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged">   &nbs...

Repeater control in another repeater control

.Net 2
Hi Friends, I want to show Different Tabs for different information on my web form ( .aspx page ). I could not found Tab Control with .net 2005. I know there is some but couldnt find it. Can you please tell me from where can I add Tab Control to my web form ? Thanks in advance, Nirav With some tedious settings of properties on the menu control, it will behave like a tab control.  Then you need to use a multiview control and fill it with views.  Then you need to wire up the menu to the multiview or something.  I tried this before and it works, but we wrote our own contro...

Displaying records in a repeater control
I have to show messages information in my website.  So I am using a repeater control to display the messages.  I also have a sql query written in another function which retrieves these messages.  So currently I only display 20 messages on my page (then I have a more button for more messages).  The way I have written is, I used "select top 20 message table name where condition...." But what I want to do is I want to retrieve all the messages from the database but on the website show only 20.  So in that case the above query wont work.  How can I ...

Can I use Accordion control in the same way as a Repeater control?
I would like to be able to create my Panes as I would ItemTemplates in a repeater. Is this possible?  Can I set the datasource of an Accordion via Smart Tags to a database table. Would like to know the possibilities before I try too many impossible hence frustrating attempts. Accordion certainly has a lot of applications if it has a dynamic nature. Thanks, Geoff I'm assuming the answer No. I've found several posts requesting the same thing but no-one clever enough to even answer.  It's a pity really as it would seem to be such a nifty use of this control....

Display newly inserted record in FormView Control
I have two dropdownlist to control a Formview. DDL1 is a customer code DDL2 is a invoice no after select an invoice no Formview will display the invoice info. -------- Customer Code: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;        PI No:<br />        <asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"            DataTextField="cust_code" DataValueField="cust_code" Width="175px" >     &nb...

Can WebActiveX Control Display WinXP Style for Visual Controls?
I understand how I one includes the manifest file with the application to enable the Windows XP Style for visual controls. Is there any way to do this with an application that is running in a web page using the ActiveX control? I should think that OCX, not the application on the web server, would need to manifest file, if such were possible. David ...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

navigate from Edit control back to the view control when the view control needs parameter in the url ( ver 2.1.2)
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", -1, "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

Is there a control which can display scroll bar when image dimension exceed the control
I put a image in the control, when the image dimension is less than the control dimension, it's normal, but when  the image dimension is larger than the control dimension, I hope the control can display a scroll bar , so I can view full dimension image by operate scroll bar.SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Hi, You could simply place your image inside a HTML DIV element with a CSS class that keeps the dimensions, something like the following would work: .scrollableImage...

Coding in a Repeater control in .NET 2.0
I have a repeater control listing records from a database.  For each record, I want to check the value of a field. Part of what gets printed will depend on the value of the field.  So far I have the following, which is working.  What I want is for th second line to say one thing if ReNewAd has a value, ans something else if it doesn't.  <asp:Label runat="server" ID="LabelFirstLine"> <p><a href='Template.aspx?i=<%# Eval("File2")%>'><%# Eval("Last Name")%>, <%# Eval("First Name")%> </a> - <%# Eval("City")%>, <%# Eval(...

displaying difference of two columns in repeater control
how to display the difference of two coulmns having float values in a repeater control? Hi,You can get the difference from sql query like : select (a-b) as result.Then you can bing the same column field in Repeater control. Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves the problem.Because It helps others to find the solution. Mohammad Hussainhttp://mohdhussain.blogspot.com/ Hi,There is many way to do this... 1) Using foreach {} loop you go through each and every column and in that loop write business logic such that when wanted two column value get sum. Value of the cell is ret...

Web resources about - Can a Repeater Control display records in 2 Columns? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Repeaters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kyle Halsted, Sonia Logan, and Michael Weeks are inmates at a rehabilitation facility. Bob Simpson, the administrator, tasks them with apologizing ...

Animal Repeater Memory Game HD Free Lite - for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Animal Repeater Memory Game HD Free Lite - for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Consumers warned to beware of illegal mobile phone repeaters
Use of devices sold online as legitimate solution is in fact dangerous and can land you in jail, regulator warns.

Grim repeater: HIV on the rise
CANDLES flicker in the chilly night air as Jesse Hooper appears on the giant cinema screen overlooking Melbourne&#8217;s Federation Square. He&#8217;s ...

Telstra suspects underbelly of illegal repeaters
'Tens' busted each year. Telstra engineers suspect a "vast" undercurrent of illegal repeaters are causing issues for the carrier's Next G mobile ...

Hands on: Cel-Fi mobile repeater
If your home is a mobile blackspot then a Cel-Fi mobile repeater might help you stay connected.

Amped Wireless R20000G, SR20000G, and UA2000: Routers, Repeaters, and Adapters
... and throughput when pointed at your wireless router/access point. Rounding out the review, Amped sent a third product, their SR20000G repeater, ...

Photon heralds entanglement in new quantum repeater
... For ordinary electrical wires (such those used for ethernet), signals can travel long distances because they're boosted by means of repeaters ...

Celebrity Rehab Repeaters
Kate Middleton Bikini Photos 50 Shades of Grey Hollywood Couples Red Carpet The Kardashians Best Dressed Hot Bodies Celebrity Kids News Sightings ...

Computer networking: wireless networks (wifi), routers, repeaters & more - CNET Reviews
Computer networking reviews and ratings, video reviews, user opinions, most popular network hardware, wireless network buying guides, prices, ...