ado.net and .net 2.0

Does anyone know if there has been any notable changes to ADO.NET in .NET 2.0 in the areas of data access (both reads and writes) except for the new SqlDataSource and equivalent user controls?

0
ActiveDataOnline

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Acquiring ADO.Net .net 2.0 compatible driver
How do I go about getting the ADO.Net for .net 2.0? The only one I can find (both on the web and on my ASE 15 CDs) is for .net 1.1. Casey Loveland Comsys IT Partners After searching further I think I have found that you have to get the update for the ado.net client in the SDK. Man that was way too hard to find!!! Casey "Casey Loveland" <casey.loveland@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:4772cfd2@forums-1-dub... > How do I go about getting the ADO.Net for .net 2.0? > The only one I can find (both on the web and on my ASE 15 CDs) is for .net &...

Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0
Hi, We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle. We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB) to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.* onwards. When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not have the following classes which are required to customize the Microsoft DAAB. 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to custom...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel
Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.Any help is appreciated.regardsRaheel Hussain--------------------------------Blog: http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/URL: http://www.raheelhussain.com/--------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, ...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

Web resources about - ado.net and .net 2.0 - asp.net.presentation-controls

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.