Adding a new row to a table for each new user

I have a table using SQL server, which has 4 fields

DetailsID - int

UserID linked to the UserID in aspnet_users table

FirstName

Surname

I would like to automatically add a line into this table when a new user is created, so that the table can be updated by the user, with an edit only DetailView.

 Could someone tell me how to automatically add a new row to a table, when a new user is created?

Thanks in advance

0
sharpeeuk

How are you creating a new user?  If you are using the CreateUserWizard to create a new user, then you can use the CreatedUser event of the Wizard to create a new row in your table.  You can use the CreateUserWizard to gather the information you need itself.  Look at the example below:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/07/05/Tip_2F00_Trick_3A00_-Gathering-Custom-User-Registration-Information.aspx

0
codeasp

Adding new tables and fields to ASPNETDB and create new user wizard
I'm trying to add a new table and some fields like FirstName and LastName the the aspnetdb.mdb, so when my users register I can collect that information also. I have managed to create a 2nd table with UserID, firstname and lastname. I can get the unique userid to work in my new table but the firstname and lastname fields give me the error message below. I have modified the stored procedure aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to add in firstname and lastname. I have also created a view as with the other tables in the database. What am I missing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Than...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

Automatically send an email to users when a new row is added to the database table
Hi guys How can one trigger an email to be send as soon as a row is inserted in a database table?is it possible?Please help Thank you....

Creating new tables for new users
hi all,   How can i create a new data table automatically for new users signing into the website.......what i mean here is that i have a predefined database table and i want that users signing in can have that table for them unique , so that they can fill data for themselves and that data will be visible to all just like forums   Hello Pankaj, You can instantiate a new DataTable in the session where the user can modify his data. But another possibility is to add a column like userid or username to the predefined table and write business logic that allows the user t...

when ever a user click on add button a new row with another dropdown lists should be added to an existing table
Hi everyone, I am adding a Table(server control)  to a usercontrol . the table consists a row containing drop down lists with add button . when ever a user click on add button a new row with another dropdown lists should be added.is there any way to copy existing row? so that it uses AJAX not page post back .  I tried to a add new row in button click event to the table. even though a row is showing up on the user control as in pre-render  but it is not adding to the table i intended to add when the page is post backed i.e when the page is reloaded it shows a initial ...

I use an CreateUserWizard control to create new user account. Every time I create a new account, my logined account will change to the new one. How can i keep my current account after creating the new
I use an CreateUserWizard control to create new user account. Every time I create a new account, my logined account will change to the new one. How can i keep my current account after creating the new account? Simply set the "LoginCreatedUser" property of CreateUserWizard control to FALSE!  ...

New .Net Controls Added
www.TechnicalVideos.Net is now offering new .Net Controls for you to download free with the purchase of a 3 month or longer subscription to our site. So for $19.99 you will now get over 125 videos along with .Net controls and their source code. www.TechnicalVideos.Net ...

Adding New Table Rows
Hi, I am trying to add a new table row programmatically. I am using asp:PlaceHolder to contain the table row. Each table row will be inside a PlaceHolder. I was thinking of setting the visibility of the PlaceHolder to "True" whenever the button is clicked. Everytime the button is clicked, a new row will be added. A total of 10 rows can be added. I am not sure if this is the correct approach but please view the codes here: <script runat="server">Protected Sub Page_load (ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  If Not Page.IsPostBack Then    Place...

New New New to SOAP..
I've looked around, apparently not well enough. I have an simple classic ASP example of a soap service i need to consume. However I need this to work in .net, and have failed had issues at every turn. Any help would be Great... Thanks, Dim sCid, iSid, sCinfo, sGuid sCid= "9.20.20.0.0" iSid= "2.2.2.0" 'below is a single string, added space before User so it could wrap sCinfo= "<CLIENTINFO><CLIENTID>TheClientIDRetrievedFromTheEndEnd User</CLIENTID><CLIENTVERSION>TheClientVersionRetrievedFromTheEndEnd User</CLIENTVERSION&g...

adding new TABLE ROW to datagrid
I want to add a new table rwo to a datagrid after i have binded the grid to a data soruce. Within the datagrid, i have a button beside each row. When the user clicks the button, i want to insert a new row below the row in wich the button has been clicked. I have search everywhere for this, and cannot fina ANYTHING. i am in need of urgent help on this one. Thank you very much. You cannot insert an item into the DataGrid directly, instead you need to add a row to its datasource before databinding.Bug [MCSD]...

adding new rows to the repeater control
Dear ASP.NET Programmers, Here's my problem: I have a page (as usual :), in which I'm going to display invoices in a repeater control. I am binding data to the repeater control (ID: repHospCosts) without any problems. I have also a button on the page, I am going to add a new datarow programmatically and display it when pressed. Unfortunately, I cannot refer to the dataset in the event handler of the button (or at least I think so). I get the following error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. drow = dtable.NewRow Below is the code: Dim dtable As DataTableDim drow As Dat...

Adding a new row to SQL table
Hi all, I have a database setup with a few rows and i would like to allow a user to create a new row of data. After some googling, I've deduced that I need to somehow use an onclick command to perform an insert command. here is my code as of right now:  protected void ItemAdd_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {int newnum = 4;int POnum = newnum ++;    string Item = textbox3.Text.ToString(); string Quantity = textbox4.ToString();string Part = textbox5.ToString(); string Description = textbox6.Text.ToString();string Price = textbox7.Text.ToString();string UOM = tex...

Adding new web user control
Hi guys, I'm trying to add a new web control file into the DesktopModules, I create the record into the table ModuleDefinitions and every time that I try run it, I got the following error: "Parser Error: 'DotNetNuke.Downloads' is not a valid base class because it does not extend class 'System.Web.UI.UserControl'." But If a take an existing web control and just replace the content inside works fine The declaration for the web control is: <%@ Register TagPrefix="Portal" TagName="Title" Src="~/controls/DesktopModuleTitle.ascx"%> <%...

Web resources about - Adding a new row to a table for each new user - asp.net.presentation-controls

File:Old adding machine.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Ultraviolet Continues To Press Case For Adding Women To Facebook’s Board
Women’s group Ultraviolet continued to press its case for Facebook to add women to its board of directors , releasing a new video stating its ...

WOW: Facebook Adding Half a Million New Users Every Day
It’s no secret that Facebook is humongous: 300 million users humongous . Yet it still shocks us that it keeps on finding new users to fuel its ...

Adding Social Context to your content
Using the Facebook Social Context API. The Social Context API lets you discover social connections about objects, people and places.

Facebook adding trending, games modules to iPad app
Facebook is adding a few things to the sidebar of its iPad app in the U.S. The trending news feature, currently on desktop , will be added to ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the ...
Get Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube
http://www.RightFace.us In a purely ironic twist then Senator Obama calls President Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt. bush added ...

Adding new airs and graces
Airports have finally recognised that they need some new tricks to keep their passengers satisfied.