adding a blank header row /row above the header row

is it possible to add a blank row above the header row in gridview for adding some links and buttons

the links will respond to thae data in the grid and the buttons are for login / regisration etc....

if yes how it can be done or how do i achieve it.

0
svibuk

Its better that u create a table with a single row with columns matching the GridView columns. Set the table width same as the GridView width. This will make the GridView Look as if there is a row above its header.

Please do not forget to click Mark As Answer on the post that helped you.

Regards,
Iam Srikanth Reddy.
0
IamSrikanthReddy

Adding a blank DataGridItem row or header row to a GridView object...
I really haven't seen any examples of adding a blank header row or item row to a GridView control....   Is there a way to do this? thanks.   doug If you handle the RowCreated event then you can determine the row type (if it is header or data) and then reformat it or insert a row after or before it http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/nestedgridviews/default.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com good article...  thanks.. My scenario is one where I have over 15 columns, so I need to keep them aligned.  I found that when I implemented the soluti...

GridView
Hi all,I have a gridview and I have add an extra header row in RowCreated event.----------------------Code:Dim headerCell As TableCell = New TableCellDim rowHeader As GridViewRow = New GridViewRow(-1, -1, DataControlRowType.Header, DataControlRowState.Normal)headerCell.ColumnSpan = 3headerCell.Text = "Hello"rowHeader.Cells.Add(headerCell)grid.Controls(0).Controls.AddAt(0, rowHeader)----------------------.....row binding is ok, I can see everything correctly displayed........However, when I try to loop the rows in the grid, there is nothing in row=0 and what suppose to be in ro...

Header separator row each 7th row.
Hi, I have a nice gridview generated from a ObjectDataSource upon a generic list. The grid displays a long list of days with some different columns following. Before each date that is for instance a Monday, I would like to generat a row with a header, like Week 23, Week 24 and so on (fetched from the dates). I have noticed this event that i might be able to use: Protected Sub GridView_RowCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridViewRowEventArgs) But actually I have no idea how. I will need to test the date on each row creation and when it is a Monday i will have to somehow add a row...

How do I "row-wrap" ? i.e., have 2 rows of headers, and 2 rows in grid for each data record?
Hi I have built a view in Sql Server, and built my Sql Data Source, and everything looks good... I have my data grid populating nicely. But, I want the headers and rows to wrap - not inside each cell, but to fit the page. Let's say I have 10 columns, and only 5 will fit in the width of a webpage.  I would want the headers to wrap, so there are two rows of headers, then each data record would fill 2 rows in the grid. Example:  <headers> Last Name................First Name.............. Middle Name.............DOB............SSN............. <end of this row in grid>...

adding / deleting table rows, and accessing controls within added rows
Hi everyone,I would like to know what is a good and simple way to achieve this using asp.net.  Basically i would like the ability to add and delete rows, preferably table rows.  Against each row is its delete button, hitting it will delete the corresponding row.  There is only 1 Add button to add a new row.  In each row, there are say 2 textboxes.  When i hit, say a calculate button, i wish to be able to access all the available textboxes in all the available rows in the event handler, and say just output a sum.If GridView is suggested, could you please explain why i...

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

Returning only the Header Row instead of all the relevant rows.
Hi All: My below sub in application is returning only the Header Row instead of the relevant rows I guess therez problem in my "str" Syntax. However I fail to understand where exactly is it faultering. Private Sub btnSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click Try con.Open()Dim empID As String = txtEmpID.Text Dim FName As String = txtFName.Text Dim LName As String = txtLName.TextDim str As String = "Select Emp_ID, Emp_FName,Emp_LName,Emp_Address1,Emp_HNo,Emp_MNo from Emp_Details where Emp_ID='" &a...

datagrid with a headers header row
Howdy! I am using a datagrid and I have all the rows and then a header row explaining each column, but I want a row above that as part of the table explaining the table. Thoughts? Cheers Can you explain more clearly what you want? Okay, A normal datagrid has the data fields and the header fields where the header fields are a one to one correlation to the data fields and are used to descibe the data fields. That is perfect as well, but I want to put a title on the datagrid above the header fields to use a couple of words to describe the table itself. There will be s...

DetailView (Header in one Row and Item or Value in other Row)
My second question is, how can I put header in one row and ItemValue in other row. Currently the detail view is showing data as following structure: FieldName:         FieldValueFieldName:         FieldValueFieldName:         Listitem1                           Listitem2            &nbs...

Gridview with multiple header rows
Hi, I have just installed the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and now my gridviews are not displaying dynamically added header rows. Code for adding rows is like so: Dim headerCell As New TableHeaderCellheaderCell.ColumnSpan = gridview.Columns.Count headerCell.Text = headingDim rowHeader As New GridViewRow(0, -1, DataControlRowType.Header, DataControlRowState.Normal) rowHeader.Controls.Add(headerCell) CType(gridview.Controls(0), Table).Rows.AddAt(0, rowHeader)   This is typically used for adding a nicely formatted heading row and it is a requirment that i must have this extr...

Adding a new row between rows
Hi to all. I'm trying to do a sort of SubReport. At this moment I have This Code made. It verifies if the column is equal it will erase it's text. What I would like to do now is if the Cell is not Equal then it will create a row with a label that says Sub Report. I tried some code but it inserts the row at the end. Can any one help me? protected void gridDefectReport_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)    {         if (e.Row.RowIndex > 0)        {     &nb...

Adding Dynamic row to Row
I have written the following code in javascript. This code is working fine in FireFox but not in IE 7.Need help so that it should  also work fine in IE7.Thanks.  var repeater= document.getElementById('<%=repeater.ClientID %>');        var obj = result;        var newRow = document.createElement("tr");        var newCell = document.createElement("td");        var ctrlInputHid = document.createElement("input...

Adding row (one at a time) in gridview on a button click. And cells of added row should contain controls like DROPDOWN LIST or TEXT BOX.
Dear Friends, I am in great need for the solution/hints/guidance of my requirement, if anyone can help with.  Let me explain what I need."I need a Gridview control on a webpage having following 5 columns/fields.     Column 1: It just has a "+" button in its header only (other cells for this column is empty)    Column 2: The Column header here is "FIELD" and  it should contain dropdown list (which is populated from some database)    Column 3: The Column header here is "Operator" and  it should ...

Web resources about - adding a blank header row /row above the header row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Adding machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An adding machine was a class of mechanical calculator , usually specialized for bookkeeping calculations. In the United States, the earliest ...

Is Facebook Adding Results From Five-Star Ratings System To Pages?
Facebook appears to be testing the inclusion of results of its five-star ratings system directly under the names of the pages and above their ...

FACEBOOK KEEPS ADDING FRIENDS THAT I NEVER REQUESTED O BE FRIENDS. SOME OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE REQUESTING ...

Adding Support for Incoming App Links on iOS
Learn how to implement support for receiving incoming App Links for iOS.

Facebook Adding App Bookmark Reordering to the Home Page Soon
Since the new Facebook home page launched a few weeks ago - making a few application bookmarks more prominent on the home page - one of the usability ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the ...
Get VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube
On July 3, 2008 the day before Independence Day Barack Obama said that adding $4 trillion in debt was irresponsible and "unpatriotic. Obama: ...

Adding new airs and graces
Airports have finally recognised that they need some new tricks to keep their passengers satisfied.