Add row in datagrid from other controls

Hello all,

I am using the VS.2003.
I would like to add a row in a datagrid, the data will come from other controls.

I am having 2 textboxes (name, surname), 1 dropdownlist (sex) and a datagrid. I want to enter some values into these controls and when i am pressing a button (add) to insert them into datagrid row (the columns are also: name, surname and sex).

The other issue is that i should add the ability of editing the values in the datagrid by pressing "Edit" button (it exists in each datagrid row). And the datagrid columns will have to be also 2 textboxes and 1 dropdownlist (just as the controls outside the datagrid).

I hope that somebody can help me with this!

Thanks a lot,
Mike

0
MikeMinsk

this.Controls.Add does not add control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0)
Ok, as silly as it may sound, I have a situation where I am creating a CompositeControl in ASP.NET 2.0, C#. I have the following code in the CreateChildControls() method that build the control's child control collection: 1    for (int i = 0; i < _menus.Count; i++)2    this.Controls.Add(_menus[i]);3    4    foreach (FloatingMenu menu in _menus)5    {6    Label lbl = new Label();7    lbl.ID = string.Concat("GroupQ", menu.ID);8    lbl.CssClass = "menuIt...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control
Hi, I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control Thanks in Advance Krisamigo <!---<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server><Columns><asp:TemplateColumn><ItemTemplate><asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateColumn> </Columns> </asp:DataGrid> ---> Hardik Joshi...

Controls.Add in Composite Control that inherits another control
Hi! I created a composite control that inherits from the WebControls.Button. I added the following in the Load event:         Dim mHidden As New WebControls.HiddenField        Me.Controls.Add(mHidden) but the control is not created. Why?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional Hi,Child controls on Button do not make much sense (how would you expect them to be rendered, doesn't button allow only text into value attribute?). Button allows child controls to be added, but they won't be rendered b...

Add controls in textbox ( TextBox1.Controls.Add(); )
hi to alli want to know about TextBox1.Controls.Addit is possible to add controls in a textbox like placeholder i am using  this much of code for add linkbutton in a textbox 1 LinkButton lb = new LinkButton();2 lb.Text = "Linkbutton1";3 lb.ID = "link1";4 5 TextBox1.Controls.Add(lb);6 7 Response.Write (TextBox1.Controls.Count);8 Response.Write(TextBox1.Controls.ToString());this code run without any error when i count a control in textbox then it will disply me a 1 but on the page it will not display any controls in a textbox if this is...

Should I use DataGrid(add dynamic control) or just dynamic control?
Hi, I am debating between using just dynamic control's or actually adding the control's dynamically into a datagrid.  I have tried with just adding dynamically, but I am having so much trouble because the selectedindexchanged even it firing for no reason.  I have asked a lot of people, but nobody knows the answer for that and I searched in the web and I am not getting anything either. Now someone suggested to use DataGrid and add the control's dynamically.  In each row, I have a dynamic column, which could be 2 and above.  It will depends on a number that I get fromt he ...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Add a control to my Composite Control?
I've made a composite control, and I'm wondering how to add controls (any controls) to my control from a webform.aspx file... Much the same way you would add controls to an Panel WebControl: <asp:Panel id="somePanel" runat="server">    <asp:TextBox id="myTextBox" runat="server"></asp:Panel> this is technically the same as doing this in the codebehind:this.somePanel.Controls.Add(myTextBox); So, I know I can add controls to my Composite control like this:this.myCompositeControl.Controls.Add(someNewControl); Ho...

How to add controls to a Control Collection?
Hello,I have an array of controls:Dim MyControls() As Control...How can I add all the controls in MyControls array to a control collection?Thanks,Miguel At it's simplest,. couldn't it look simply something like  For Each c As Control In MyControls Controls.Add(c) Next Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Control No of records in DataGrid control
Hi I am having more than 5000 records in the table. I had set page size:50, its loading 5000 records and showing 50 records... working fine. But my requirement is when page is loading i need to get only 50 letest records from the database. If user clicks on next it need to be connected to database and get next 50 records. How i can put pointer at 50 th record? Is there any way to do this???... plz help Top function wont work for me. Hope the problem is clear regards cnu The SQLDataAdapter can limit the rowsets in one of the Fill() method overloads. Check it out in the ...

datagrid control in to Tabstrip control .
i need to insert a datagrid in a tabstrip seperator. is this possible? and in what way . Do you really mean Tabstrip "Seperator"? Or are you just trying to insert a DataGrid into a TabStrip control? ...

Add controls to a server control
Hi,I have something like this<MyControls:SomeControl Id... runat...>    <MyControls:OtherControl Id... runat.../>    <MyControls:OtherControl Id... runat.../>    <MyControls:OtherControl Id... runat.../>...</MyControls:SomeControl Id... runat...>My class SomeControl has a MyOtherControlList ( as List<OtherControlType>) and a propertypublic OtherControlType OtherControl {    set { MyOtherControlList.Add(value); }}I never get into the property set() method. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to d...

Web resources about - Add row in datagrid from other controls - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject