Accessing data in datagrid by row and column.

How can I access a

strSection = ddlSection.SelectedValue()
For Each d In dgDeadline.Items
Dim chk As CheckBox = d.FindControl("chkEnable")
Dim key As Guid = dgDeadline.DataKeys(d.ItemIndex)

If chk.Checked = True Then
Dim sql As String
Dim strnewDeadline As DateTime
strnewDeadline = "2 / 2 / 2004"
sql = "UPDATE TABLE1 SET EXPIRED = GETDATE() WHERE EMP_KEY = @KEY AND ITEM = 'Extend Deadline' AND EXPIRED IS NULL AND STATUS = @SECTION" 'SECTION is either AP/1st/2nd/3rd/4th
Utilities.CreateParameter(objCommand, "@SECTION", DbType.String, strSection) 'SECTION is either AP/1st/2nd/3rd/4th
Utilities.CreateParameter(objCommand, "@KEY", DbType.Guid, key)
objCommand.CommandText = sql
objConn.Open()
objCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
objConn.Close()
End If

How do i get data of the same row in order for me to update ?
0
cincuan2000

Hi

Sorry but I dnt understand what you want to achieve.
Kindly explain your what you want clearly so we can help you.
Reagrds.

The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed.

V i r g i l R e b o t o n
0
new2ASPnet
1/15/2004 10:04:22 AM
i would like to access a field on a particular row. How do I do that?
0
cincuan2000

How to access a CheckBox in the header row of a Template Column in a data-bound DataGrid
All-- Please help. How can one get a handle to a CheckBox that is in the header row of template column in a DataGrid that is data-bound? See below for details on what does NOT work. Any ideas? Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Here is the code in the ASPX file... <asp:datagrid id="MainDataGrid" runat="server"> <headerstyle horizontalalign="Left" verticalalign="Top" backcolor="LightBlue" font-bold="True" font-size="x-small"></headerstyle> <itemstyle horizontalal...

Is there a control that offers the same data presentation as a GridView, but allows users to copy and paste many rows/columns at once?
 Hi Is there a control that offers the same data presentation as a GridView, but allows users to copy and paste many rows/columns at once onto the grid? What I mean is some grid that 's as flexible as MS Excel grid for example.  Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.E The Repeater control is a highly customisable data presentation controlRohin.NET developerNever trust a computer you can't throw out a window. - Steve WozniakPlease remember to click on 'Mark as answer', if this post helped you......

Displaying two rows of database column data in one row of datagrid
Hello, I am trying to display two rows of an access column on one row of datagrid. Is that possible? Example of my intended datagrid: courseNo of course1courseNo of course2 courseNo of course3courseNo of course4 here's the HTML view of my aspx file: <Asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 104px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px"    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Height="320px" Width="488px">    <Columns>     <asp:TemplateColumn>      &...

Presenting data from column to row
hi, I am encountering one problem regarding data presenting in asp.net data grid. Actaully I want to show column data in one row as record for example as follow column A AAAA BBBB CCC DDD EEE now instead of showing as column i want to show as single row in asp.net datagrid as follow AAAA BBBB CCC DDD EEE please help me asadregards,Asad Mahmood In a Datalist (not sure about datagrid) you can use the propertier RepeatColumns and RepeatDirection to do the aboe. For example, RepeatColumns=5 and RepeatDirection=horizontal ...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Columns arrangement in DataGrid
Dear Friends, Please give me a solution for below problem, I have to bind a data table to a DataGrid, I will be not knowing no of columns and data until runtime, so I did not configured columns widh at design time. Now my client is asking me like, he want a facility to alter the column width at runtime, I mean he want to change columns width in client (IE), like window application. So, will you please tell me how to provide facility to change column width of a datagrid at client by user ? Thank you, Sreedhar Nasum.     Hi:   DataGrid will render as <table>. Ta...

datagrid
Hi. I am sitting here in a company with many people, but no other programmers least of all asp.net ones. I have created a 'view' form on the INTRAnet, where many lines are displayed in a datagrid (SeLECT statement built in code and the Dataset bound to datagrid). I just need to allow the user to click a row, whereupon I take the key from a field in that row and open up a Detail page. I cannot find a way. OK, there is clientside and serverside scope, but there must be a way to do this. Possible? Help greatly appreciated. Greg Greg Add a select column (it should be a ...

How do you restrict access to rows or columns in a DataGrid
How do you restrict access to rows or columns in a DataGrid. How do you set the entire DataGrid to ReadOnly. I may be blind but I don't see a ReadOnly property for the datagrid although I find many references to it in google searches etc. Hi auto The datagrid is read-only by default - you would then have to add code in to make it editable. http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/ASPNET20/default.htm - have a loko at this site for some tutorials. CheersGregorGregor SuttieMCSD, MCAD, MCSD.Net Thanks Gregor, thats actually a pretty cool site! and a great resource!...

Accessing Data in DataGrid Template Column
Hi: I have a Datagrid (called dgDataGrid) with a bound column that display a textbox when the user clicks the Edit button on a row of the datagrid. I can access the cell (cell [0]) of the clicked row and save its content (in OldValue) before the user enters a new entry with the following C# code: private void dgDataGridEdit_Click(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e){      string OldValue = dgDataGrid.SelectedItem.Cells[0].Text.ToString();      dgDataGrid.EditItemIndex = (int)e.Item.ItemIndex; &...

accessing data in a datagrid template column
Can anyone out there tell me how to access data that is placed in a datagrid template column? I am coding in vb.net. From what part of your code do you want to access it? If you want to access it while the grid is being databound, you can use ItemDataBound. Elsehwere, you'll need to iterate the items in the grid. Either way, you get to the specific column via the DataListItem.FindControl method. When you set up the template column, you put controls in the column and give them IDs. FindControl will return the control in the column, based on its id. You then get the data from the control.Ji...

multi row data presented in DataGrid
HejFirst off it should be noted that I'm using .Net 1.1 for this - and though I've only been using DataGrid controls for this type of output, there is no reason not to use a Repeater, if it will solve my problem - also I should state that I can't imagine that this is the first time this particular issue has come up, though I haven't figured out how to search for the solution I'm looking forI think the clearest way for my to describe this issue is to show what my data looks like, and how I'd like to present it This is the example SQL query: Select Team.tCoach, Te...

How to access a template column in a datagrid control
I have a DataGrid control on a web form with a template column. How can I access the dropdownlist column "ddlusertype" from my c# code? I need to bind it with a DataTable. Please help, thanks! Here is my code <Columns> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="rolName" HeaderText="User Type"></asp:BoundColumn> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="rolDescription" HeaderText="Description"></asp:BoundColumn> <asp:BoundColumn DataField="gtyAbbr" HeaderText="Client Type"></asp:B...

Access dynamically added controls in datagrid column
Hi everyone,does anyone have any idea how to access the value in control in dynamically added column in datagrid?I have this 1 datagrid (datadatagrid) containing a list of data with checkboxes on each record.Once the checkbox is checked, it will be added dynamically to another datagrid (resultdatagrid) with a column in this datagrid containing a dropdownlist control.However when i want to access this resultdatagrid, it did not detect the controls.Does anyone have any idea why? and how to access this control in the dynamically added columns in the datagrid?Thanks..~lydia~...

Web resources about - Accessing data in datagrid by row and column. - asp.net.presentation-controls

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...