(Urgent) specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value

Hi

i have a datagrid in a user control which has pagin and sorting enabled and the data loads fine.. I am calling this UserControl in a tab panel using Ajax.. But when I Try to sort and page in my tab Panel...i get an error saying

 specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value

Hope u can help me solve it.. I am dynamically generating the Tabpanel and passing the valid values to load the user control.. but when i try to page and sort i get a popup with the above error..

Any help will be appreicated.

Regards

Karen

0
Karenros

Golden rule about dynamic controls is that they have to be recreated on subsequent postbacks (sync and async).  Here is an excellent series of article from inifinteLoop about dynamic controls.

http://weblogs.asp.net/infinitiesloop/archive/2006/08/25/TRULY-Understanding-Dynamic-Controls-_2800_Part-1_2900_.aspx

Read the whole series.  If this doesn't solve your problem then reply to the post with example of relevant code.

0
codeasp

(urgent) How do i handle this error in tabs: ( specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value)
Hi   My user control consisted of a datagrid and in that datagrid i was diplaying the plans for that particular user.. My user control consits of paging and sorting but when i click on those pages no and sort by column name i get and error in the form of an popup window but the pagin and the sorting is been handled by the User control...  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value   What should i do to solve it Regards KAren...

Specified argument was out of range of valid values. Parameter name:Value
Hi Guru's,  Below is my problem. I have a user control, in which I have a ajax tab control. At design time I just have the tabcontainer and depending on the id passed to the control I am generating the contents for the tab's. Basically each of the tab contains a list of items for each item a series of option buttons are presented to mark the score.  I have set eanable view state to false for tab and all the dynamically generated radio buttons and checkbox's, and enabled autopostback to ture, when I click on any of radio button, checkbox or image b...

specified argument was out of the range of valid values parameter name: value
 hello everyone, i need your help.. i have a gridview that has a delete button, this gridview is inside a parent gridview. my problem now is when i delete the row(the child griview will always contain one row only)  it gave me an error stating that the specified argument was out of range of valid values parameter name: value, after refreshing that's the only time the delete button will function correctly. what could be the possible reason for this, this error appears occasionally, i can't afford to have this error during our defense..please help....here is my code for delet...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I have two drop down list, one are titles, second one are title definition. after clicking titles dropdown list, second one will show the definition. it works fine when I used code below in the function BindData_Type_dropdown() type_DropDownList.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)         'type_DropDownList.DataTextField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("Title").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.DataValueField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("ID").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.Data...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I am having a very difficult issue to resolve with this one. I have a GridView where I have set AutoGenerateDeleteButton to true, and I have a delete query in my DataSource. The delete query is actually a Stored Procedure. Within that stored procedure I initially just deleted the row and also deleted some related records, and also updated a related record with a timestamp. That all worked just fine. However, I then added a Cursor to the Stored Procedure that goes through all of the records in a given set and renumbers them after the delete. After adding this Cursor to the Stored Proce...

Error:
Can anyone help me, I am getting the following error whilst attempting to retrieve data from an Access DB: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value I receive this error from a method which uses a select statement to retrieve data into a datareader, and then I place the value of each of the columns into variables. I have another method before this one which is identical, except for the select statement, and it gives me no errors at all. Here is my code: 'create the connection string objects Dim connstr As String co...

critical error has occurred.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
In Debug mode my cutome module is working well. After that i created a zip file to upload the module and also i deleted my tables and store procedures.When I upload my zip file there is no error, Table and All the storeprocedures are installed  in my database.I don't know what is the problem.The error message is this The problem could be that you did not set valid default values for you module settings.Have a look at this.Best regardsHans-PeterDNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community Thank you very muchI reolve that problem by setting the default settings.Now i have one more probl...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Hour, Minute, and Second parameters describe an unrepresentable DateTime.
This error frequently occurs when run OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader to query data from Oracle database and then bind to the DataGrid. In sql select statement has no any datatype date column. I use Oracle Provider for OLE DB. Check out my post on storing dates in Oracle at http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=341221...

Error adding node
 I have a recordset that I loop thru adding nodes to my treeview.Well at around record # 123 out of 500 or so, I get this error adding child node :"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." The node I'm adding to exists, and I can't see anything wrong w/ the data -  and it always gets hung up on the same record.*And the same code has been used 122 times already w/out issue. *Any ideas ?  my code: 'lastDivisionIndex = 1'...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: 3
  Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: 3 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: 3Source Error: Line 227: Line 228: If l_cnt = 0 Then Line 229: ddlCourse.SelectedValue = p_rsBatach("courseID").Value Line 230: txtBatchC...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: options
when i  try running a  webform i got this error:Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: optionsi dont where the error originated since i didnt put any control on the page i just run a plain webform.. but during the page load the error occured..any help with thi??...thnks in advance guy i keep on  posting this thread but  no reply even one. Need to see the code....Zath i didnt wrote any code just a plain webform no control or whatever the stack trace error is this:  Server Error in '/first' Application. Specified argument wa...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: index ?
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: index Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: indexSource Error: Line 146: Line 147: Line 148: Dim temp_members = "INSERT INTO T_EGIS_INT_MOTOR_MST " & _ Line 149: "(PRODUCT_CODE, MAKE, &qu...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index
This is the error I'm getting. I will paste my code below: " DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [Friends] WHERE [FriendName] = @FriendName" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Friends] WHERE (([FriendName] = @FriendName))" UpdateCommand="UPDATE [Friends] SET [UserName] = @UserName, [UserID] = @UserID, [IP] = @IP, [AddedOn] = @AddedOn, [FriendName] = @FriendName, [IsApproved] = @IsApproved WHERE [FriendID] = @FriendID"> ...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index
hi i wrote the following code: System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image z=new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image(); z.Width=100; Table1.Rows[0].Cells[0].Controls.Add(c);and i get this error Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index i guess its becuse the table size is not initialized, if so i cant find away to do it....does someone have an idea whats the problem?? thanks So the Table doesn't have any rows or cells added yet? If thatr's the case, you'd either put them declaratively there before indexing to the collections (in aspx) or add them dynamically&...

Web resources about - (Urgent) specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value - asp.net.presentation-controls

As US, EU lift sanctions on Iran, countries agree on prisoner swap
Together, the lifting of sanctions and the prisoner deal considerably reduce the hostility between Tehran and Washington that has shaped the ...

One Officer Dead, One Wounded After Shootout in Utah
NBCNews.com One Officer Dead, One Wounded After Shootout in Utah NBCNews.com One police officer was killed and another was recovering after ...

Broncos Defense Saves Denver, Sets up Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning in AFC Championship
Peyton Manning was subpar, his wide receivers dropped a lot of passes, and the Broncos trailed the injury-ravaged Steelers early in the 4th quarter. ...

‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Sticks With Its Sunny DNA In Season 2 – TCA
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was born of a awareness that there is a certain type of “ebullient young women,” both in fiction and non, who”survive ...

Crews Resume Search for Missing California Ski Instructor
Crews have resumed their search for a ski instructor who went missing at a Northern California ski resort

Mary J. Blige & Shanice Williams Rep 'The Wiz' at Critics' Choice Awards 2016
Mary J. Blige joins Shanice Williams at the 2016 Critics’ Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (January 17) in Santa Monica, Calif. ...

Taiwan opposition leader Tsai wins presidential vote
Taiwan's independence-leaning opposition leader Tsai Ing-wen won the island's presidential election on Saturday after the ruling party admitted ...

‘Several’ Americans Kidnapped In Iraq, Three Contractors Confirmed Missing
The U.S. Government citing the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad has confirmed reports coming in from Iraq about the disappearance of “several” Americans ...

Marco Rubio Says He Bought A Gun On Christmas As 'Last Line Of Defense' Against ISIS
Many Americans were wishing for "Peace on the earth, good will to men" while celebrating Christ's birth, but Republican presidential candidate ...

Martin Luther King Day 2016: Are Banks Open? A Full List Of What’s Open And What’s Closed
Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2016 has arrived, but folks who want to know if banks are open or are trying to plan a trip to the post office might ...