'Timeout expired' error due to busy web server or aspx coding error? How to increate 'Timeout expired' time?

We have been bothered with this error msg.  Usually it shows up in the early moring.  Later on when it is gone iwth a user it never shows up again all day long.

The problem is busy web server or ASPX coding error?
Can we increae the 'Timeout expired' time?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Server Error in '/SSSS' Application.

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

Line 270:            oDBCommand.Connection.Open()
Line 271:
Line 272:            Dim myReader As SqlDataReader _
Line 273:                = oDBCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)
Line 274:

Source File: E:\SSS\Scheduling.aspx.vb    Line: 272

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +862234
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +739110
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1956
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +903
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +62
   SSS.Scheduling.GetNextAutoAppointment() in E:\SSSS\Scheduling.aspx.vb:272
   SSSS.Scheduling.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\SSSS\Scheduling.aspx.vb:61
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

0
wonjartran

Suprotim

'Timeout expired' error due to long query or busy server?
We have been bothered with this problem for a while.  Usually I happens in the early moring.  Later on after the error is gone on auser, the error never happens again on any user for the day.  Is this a web Server problem or an aspx.vb coding error? Thanks,Jeffrey  Server Error in '/SSSSS' Application. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace fo...

''''''''''''''''''''

'Timeout expired' Error
I have made a simple ASP.Net program which would pass parameters to the Stored Procedure in SQL Sever and would return back a row or two. The code is working fine when i try it on test DB which size about 3MB how ever if the code is tested on bigger size DB of about 2GB it will give this error: Error Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it orig...

'Timeout expired' Error
I have CSK running as our company's intranet site. The IIS 6.0 Server and SQL 2000 Ent. server are separate machines. There are roughly 200 users that access this site with usually no more than 20 concurrent connections. Periodically, sporactic users will receive a SERVER ERROR saying "The Timeout period elapsed prior ro obtaining a connection from the pool...." The web server runs dual ZEON procs w/ 4gigs of memory. To fix this issue I am constantly having to open the IIS console and Recycle the Application pool. No errors are ever in the Event logs. I read through some...

'''''

'Timeout expired' error when click to open a new aspx page with connection to SQL Server database
Error messageTimeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description:           An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace                            for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Ti...

error in ''%'' operator
hi... friends    i got this error (Syntax error: Missing operand after ''%'' operator)below statement. dtBtnScr.DefaultView.RowFilter = "LOCATION_CITY'" + txtCity.Text.Trim() + "%'AND LOCATION_STATE '" + ddlState.SelectedValue + "%'AND UNIT_ID'" + txtUnitCode + "%'AND UNIT_NAME '" + txtUnitName.Text.Trim() + "%'";   thnax friends It thinks you are trying to use the modulo operator: %. Look at the RowFilter string after you build it ...you should see the prob...

'Error Creating Control' ... 'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'
I have created a custom control which inherits from a compositeControl. Its all works well in the browser but when I show it in the design mode I geta gray box with the following message Error Creating Control - GroupPicker1'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'. The Property is a fairly standard get and set Public Property ShowRadioButtons() As Boolean            Get                Return rowRadioButtons.Visible  &nbs...

Error: BC30456: 'DataItem' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.Control'.
I wanted to create a nested DataList with two dataTables.  I followed the steps.   First, set relation to the two datatables in a dataset ds1.Relations.Add("myRelation", ds1.Tables(0).Columns("intMenuItemID"), ds1.Tables(1).Columns("intParentMenu"))     Second, bind the dataset       DataList1.DataSource = ds1.Tables(0).DefaultView       DataList1.DataBind()   Third, add the following to the DataList datasource property       Container.DataItem.Row.GetChildRows("myRelation") &...

'Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding'
Error message I am getting is 'Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding'Here is the code===============================================Public Function finalizing()'Dim tot_amt = 0.0Dim MySQLs As StringDim i As Integer = 0rows = objDateSets.Tables("MyCart").Rows.Counti = 0Dim con As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection()Dim connstring As Stringconnstring = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")con.ConnectionString = connstringcon.Open()Dim sql_cmd As SqlCommandDim uQuantity, strQuantityUpdate, strQuantit...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Can any one help due to this problem Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'
Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'  lokesh   As a general guideline for seeking help, always show the code that is not working for you.  Your description alone is not enough for us to be able to help you. Alister kplokesh: Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is us...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Web resources about - 'Timeout expired' error due to busy web server or aspx coding error? How to increate 'Timeout expired' time? - asp.net.presentation-controls