'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' does not contain a definition for 'drpData'

Hi

i have the following problem:
Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' does not contain a definition for 'drpData'
Source Error:

Line 59: strvBilled = filepath.ToString();
Line 60: strvPris = tbvPris.Text;
Line 61: strvKategori = tbvKategori.drpData.SelectedItem.Value.ToString();
Line 62: strSQL = "INSERT INTO varelist (vNummer, vNavn, vBeskriv, vBilled, vPris, vKategori) Values (";
Line 63: strSQL += strvNummer + ", '";

It should come from this list:
<asp:panel ID="tbvKategori" runat="server"><asp:dropdownlist ID="drpData" DataTextField="kategoriNavn" DataValueField="kategoriId" Width="350px" runat="server"/></asp:panel>
Does anyone know what is the problem?
-1
tanzaniaweb

This error happened is due to

1. A call was made to a method that does not exist for the data type.
2. This can also happen when a class name and its enclosing namespace name are the same and when a qualified method is called.
for i know, panel is no contain any method call "drpData"...
the correct way for writing this code should be :
dim strvKategori as string
dim myDrpBox as DropDownList
myDrpBox = tbvKategori.FindControl("drpData", DropDownList)
strvKategori = myDrpBox .SelectedItem.Value
1
silvinve
3/18/2004 2:35:19 AM
i am trying to do this after 7 days of learning asp.net i our education. and we have this project we have to finish by monday, so i am running dry for braincells.

Therefor can i ask how it looks in C# which is the language we use in the programming.
1
tanzaniaweb
3/18/2004 3:47:08 AM
emm... the code should look like as below:

string strvKategori;
DropDownList myDrpBox;
myDrpBox = (DropDownList) tbvKategori.FindControl("drpData");
strvKategori = myDrpBox.SelectedItem.Value.ToString();
lblResult.Text= strvKategori;
Hope you can solve it before the deal line.. happy programming!! :-)
1
silvinve

Getting 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' error on controls when placed inside an update panel which is in a template.
Using the June CTP, I;ve got an updatepanel inside the itemtemplate of a datalist which is now suppopsed to be supported (it works). I also have some asp controls (imagebutton, label) which get their values dynamically (DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "fieldname").ToString(). This would work fine before putting the updatepanel in the datalist itemtemplate, I now get the error in the title when building ('System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem') for each control... How can I dynamically assign the values to the controls in the datalist when also using upd...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am recieving this error: 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' What iam trying to do is when a user clicks the hyperlink column in the datagrid then the ID of that user is send to another page and I need to run the Query or something and bind the Label on the page 2 with the name of the Person. So I am using the HTML view and writing something like this : '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name") %> ' here is my code behind file so how can i bind the Name of the person with the label: private void Page_Lo...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am getting this error does anyone knows how to solve this :DHighOnCodingWanna get high! Show us the code that produces this error. Other than the exactness of the error, which explains what is exactly happening, we can't see why this is happening without seeing your code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when i...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' does not contain a definition for 'Invoke'
I am making an asyncronous call to a web service. When the callback happens and my delegate is called, I want to set a text value on a label on my page. In order to do this I need to use Label1.Invoke -- However, when I compile this I get an error'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' does not contain a definition for 'Invoke'I thought all controls should have an Invoke method on it.. I don't understand why I get this error? Any one experience the same thing or have any clue as to what is going on? // we must invoke to get back to the UI thread...this.Label1.Invoke(new La...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'InnerHtml' and ...
Hi,I have the problems (the following is one of those) with the codes below.Error 4 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'InnerHtml' and no extension method 'InnerHtml' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  Here is the markup file of 'Start.aspx' <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Start.aspx.cs" Inherits="Newsite._Default" %...

CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar' does not contain a definition for 'SelectedValue'
am I missing some class info somewhere perhaps?Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!error being thrown here:Line 16:                   Calendar1.SelectedValue = ("DueDate"); here is my current code:<%@ Page EnableViewState="true" Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="CommunityServer.Controls.CSThemePage" MasterPageFile="tasks.Master" %><%@ Import Namespace="CommunityServer.Components" %><%@ Register T...

ASPNET2 HELP! CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'.
Server Error in '/start-movieposters' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) Source Error: ...

''''''''''''''''''''

Error Message CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' does not contain a definition for 'Text'
I get this Error Message: ( CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' does not contain a definition for 'Text' ) from my Register.aspx when I try to open it. I've added a DropDownList to the Register.aspx page and it throws me this (CS0117 Error message). Could use some help on this. Don't know where and how to correct this problem. If I remove the Dropdownlist and recompile the CustomersDB.cs file, and run the Register.aspx page again then it opens up. But as soon as I add the DropdownList I receive this (Error CS0117). Would appreciate any help. Thank You. TIA. Here is the co...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

cannot convert from 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel'
 how do i fix my below code? im gettting error: cannot convert from 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' protected void Button9_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){ int i = 1;while (i <= 8){Panel myPanel = new Panel();myPanel.ID = "Panel_" + i;if (IsVisible(myPanel.ID) == false)   <<<<---error here{showButton(myPanel);break;}i++;} protected bool IsVisible(Panel id){if (id.Visible == false){return false;}else{return true;}}    Its all about coding! IsVisible function takes Panel in and you give it myPanel.ID (which returns a string). ...

Web resources about - 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' does not contain a definition for 'drpData' - asp.net.presentation-controls