Using Portal Starter Kit in own application

I couldn't install PSK as well because of the DB problem. Anyway, I would like to use some of the files from PSK in my application.

I think there are a few things that I need to change in the component .vb files as well as global.asax.
Can anyone tell me how do I go about it? For example, there's an error when I use "Imports ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal" in my Configuration.vb
thepooh
8/1/2003 8:29:36 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Make sure your namespaces are in sync.
0
selavie77

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

Use this portal or the Starter Kit?
I'm starting this from scratch and am curious as to whether it's recommended to use the IBuySpy portal or the Starter Kit portal. What are the feature differences? I guess the same question could be applied to the commerce templates too. Can anyone give me some direction here? Thanks!!!! have you seen this post yet? http://www.ibuyspy.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=296984 if you want to use VB.NET I would go with DNN. I went with IBS Portal C# because of two reasons. 1) I like the fact that the tabs are in a database. 2) I wanted to learn ASP.NET, howeve...

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

Using Globalization with Portal Starter Kit...
Hello,I have seen a few articles on globalization, but am still trying to find a way to do this with the portal. I have tried setting the current culture to 'de-DE' and a few others, but it has not panned out for me yet. Is there another way to do this without the creation of resx files for each culture that I wish to display the settings for? Can I manipulate the system table to include the new culture settings? I am not completely clear on how globalization works within this portal. Could someone please point me in a direction?Thanks...Dave Brown I had the same problem with the portal no...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue #2
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

Portal Starter Kit Using for production site
Hi           I can't understand the licencing for using of portal for production.  Can the any body explain me using of portal with the little customice pages for production site is leagle or not.Bamu All the Starter Kits are complimentary building blocks, which makes it easy for Asp.Net developers to start developing their own applications. You may alter the look and content of the Application, add your own solutions to it, and ultimately use the end result in production without having to pay any licensing fees. So, yes, it's totally ...

Trouble with launching Portal starter kit application.
Hello,I have installed the Portal starter kit,( Portal CSVS). I get an acknowledgement of a successful install. It says to clickon the link http://localhost/PortalCSVS but when I do this I get the following.... The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/PortalCSVS/'. Line 1, Position 2 <%@ Page CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPNET...

Application Security & Portal Starter Kit
The GetSingleContact function in the Components\Contact.vb folder of Portal Starter Kit, returns a DataReader with data from the GetSingleContact stored procedure. I have read that it is good security practice to place any opening/execution of connections in a TRY block, and closing of connections in a FINALLY block. However due to a DataReader named "result" being returned, the connection must remain open as long as the DataReader is open? ("Dim result As SqlDataReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)") Surely this poses a security conce...

Portal starter Kit
I'm getting ready to use the Portal starter Kit to for a large school web site. Has anybody had any problems with the starter kits and if so what where they I think they are all great solutions! I personally love the DotNetNuke portal and feel it is the most superior solution out there for several reasons: 1) there is a team of 30 programmers constantly developing future versions 2) there is a great community forum here (dotnetnuke forum) for help/support/questions 3) there are over 500 add-on modules available for almost any need - some are free and some are for money 4) ope...

Web resources about - Using Portal Starter Kit in own application - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 17% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Fall in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 9.0 percent ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,