use portal starter kit with community starter kit

I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel?

Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET
0
noborders
6/6/2004 5:40:39 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't think so.
The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login.

0
webber123456

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

Use this portal or the Starter Kit?
I'm starting this from scratch and am curious as to whether it's recommended to use the IBuySpy portal or the Starter Kit portal. What are the feature differences? I guess the same question could be applied to the commerce templates too. Can anyone give me some direction here? Thanks!!!! have you seen this post yet? http://www.ibuyspy.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=296984 if you want to use VB.NET I would go with DNN. I went with IBS Portal C# because of two reasons. 1) I like the fact that the tabs are in a database. 2) I wanted to learn ASP.NET, howeve...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

Using Portal Starter Kit in own application
I couldn't install PSK as well because of the DB problem. Anyway, I would like to use some of the files from PSK in my application. I think there are a few things that I need to change in the component .vb files as well as global.asax. Can anyone tell me how do I go about it? For example, there's an error when I use "Imports ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal" in my Configuration.vb Thanks Make sure your namespaces are in sync....

Using Globalization with Portal Starter Kit...
Hello,I have seen a few articles on globalization, but am still trying to find a way to do this with the portal. I have tried setting the current culture to 'de-DE' and a few others, but it has not panned out for me yet. Is there another way to do this without the creation of resx files for each culture that I wish to display the settings for? Can I manipulate the system table to include the new culture settings? I am not completely clear on how globalization works within this portal. Could someone please point me in a direction?Thanks...Dave Brown I had the same problem with the portal no...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

Portal starter Kit
I'm getting ready to use the Portal starter Kit to for a large school web site. Has anybody had any problems with the starter kits and if so what where they I think they are all great solutions! I personally love the DotNetNuke portal and feel it is the most superior solution out there for several reasons: 1) there is a team of 30 programmers constantly developing future versions 2) there is a great community forum here (dotnetnuke forum) for help/support/questions 3) there are over 500 add-on modules available for almost any need - some are free and some are for money 4) ope...

How to do this in Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I designed a website (let's call it WebSiteA) using the Portal Starter Kit, one of the tabs is only visible to users that are logged in. Within this tab, I had a quick link or a button, when the user click on it, another website (WebSiteB) will be launched. That is no problem. The problem is if the user did not log in WebSiteA, he/she should not be allowed to view WebSiteB if he/she tried to launch WebSiteB directly from the web browser. How to implement this? I want to use Cookies, but not sure if this is the right solution. Any help is appreciated! cookies could work or check th...

Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to download the portal starter kit, but I keep getting an error message from download.microsoft.com. Does anyone have the installer that I can download? Thanks Did you ever get it to download??No Animals were harmed in the making of the Application Hammer12...

Web resources about - use portal starter kit with community starter kit - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

Top politicians get festive with community for Christmas
Australia's top politicians did their bit to spread some good cheer among the community on Christmas Day.

Great Ocean Road fires: Devastation leads to outpouring of community spirit
The devastation along the Great Ocean Road leads to an outpouring of support from the wider community.

PATH community trying to move past Shoppers Drug Mart stabbing
There’s still a sense of unease for those working in the underground PATH system where Rosemarie Junor was fatally stabbed inside a Shoppers ...

Let the Internet built human community of shared future
Let the Internet built human community of shared future

Video Of The Week: Community Based Portfolio Management
My colleague Brittany Gorevic gave a talk at the Slush Conference a last month about how we use community to help our portfolio help each other. ...

Obama is joined by Republicans for unveiling of free community college plan - Inside Higher Ed
Bipartisanship is on display as President Obama announces free community college plan in Tennessee, but proposal likely faces tough odds in Congress. ...

Boko Haram victim shunned by community after having rapist's baby
Boko Haram has captured hundreds of girls, many of whom are stigmatized by their communities if they become pregnant by their rapists