trouble installing side-by-side IBuySpy installations

I have one website running on my pc using IBuySpy.  I have successfully installed another IBuySpy project and it works.

However, I am having database problems. I have renamed the database but I need to rename the SQL Server .MDF and .LDF file of the FIRST installation (they are currently named portal), so I can run the database install scripts for the new installation.
I stopped the server and renamed the LDF and MDF file. However, when I restarted the server, the database was not connected.
So, is there a script that I can run that will allow me to rename the data and log files for a database.

Thanks,
Dexter
Dexter

dexterm@mindspring.com

"Life isn't fair, sometimes the pretty girl doesn't get kissed..."
0
dexterm
1/20/2005 8:27:43 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Installing side-by-side versions of IBuySpy
I have two web projects that I want to develop with IBuySpy. The problem is - I cannot install the 2nd copy of IBuySpy because it defaults the website name to "PortalCSVS". I've already figured out how to get two copies of SQL database (there's a script that the installation procedure uses). So, does anyone know how to specify the web/project name before the IBuySpy installlation begins? Is there anything else that I need to be aware of in order to have two copies of IBuySpy? Thanks, DexterDexterdexterm@mindspring.com"Life isn't fair, sometimes the pretty girl ...

side-by-side installations
I would like to use IBuySpy for two projects that I am working on. Can anyone tell me the appropriate steps for installing IBuySpy twice? I already have one installation and I assume that have to do the following: - rename the datebase (from 'Portal' to some a unique name) - rename the PortalCSVS website under IIS (how do I do that?) - install the 2nd PortalCSVS Am I overlooking anything? DexterDexterdexterm@mindspring.com"Life isn't fair, sometimes the pretty girl doesn't get kissed..."...

Installation problem: Install Portal Starter Kit on top of MSDE
I installed MSDE. For whatever reason, the server name is my login name, say "nature", rather than the default "localhost". When I start to install the starter kit, it tries to look for "localhost". Definitely it always fails and I can't install it. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance... LeoLeo try this connection string format as a key in the web.config file: <add key="ConnectionString" value="Server='nature'; database='myDB'; User ID='myUID'; Password='myPwd' " /> ...

Installing
Hi! I have to install Whidby to demo it (for MS, ironically), and the docs imply that it doesn't live happly with VS.NET 2003 - but lots of people seam to indicate otherwise. Does anyone have any comments / horror or success stories? I'd be installing it onto a windows 2003 server machine with VS.NET 2003 installed (no 2002). Thanks in advance Nic Wise ..NET MVP.-- Nic Wise - .NET MVP nicw AT fastchicken.co DOT nz Blog: http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/blog/ Hi Nic, Visual Studio "Whidbey" live happily with VS.NET 2002/2003 in fact. (That's what the ASP.NET tea...

Install D2010 on side of D2009
I am installing D2010 from the iso image. But the setup complains that I should install Update 3 for D2009 before that. However, D2009 Check for Updates said that no updates were available, so I copied the setup packages from another D2009 installation and installed Update 3, 4, etc. And D2010 installation still fails to start, complaining that I should install Update 3 to D2009. How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009? Jouni Aro Prosys I have the same problem. BDS 2009 is up to date with Version3, but Delphi 2010 will not install because it claim...

Weird path after side-by side installation
My Whidbey installation was more or less succesfull, the problem is that I can't run any web-stuff. Big Pity, as that is where the big fun is. My machine has a history of previous vs.net versions. First I installed 1.0, later 1.1, then uninstalled 1.0, but parts of 1.0 still seem to be present. After installing Whidbey I needed aspnet_regiis to get my 1.1 apps to work again. Trying to run a Whidbey web-site results in a complation error: Compiler Error Message: CS1668: Invalid search path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Lib\' -- 'The system cannot find th...

How install xfce side-by-side with KDE?
I currently have KDE but I'm interested in trying out xfce. So I have a few questions: 1. How can I install it side by side with KDE? 2. How can i keep KDE but load into xfce when I want to? 3. Is there anything it'll do to the files/file-structure of kde? -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Use software management, filter by Patterns Check the box XFCE Desktop Env Accept You should of course disable auto login so you can select your desktop at the login screen. You can add build service XFCE 'Index of...

installation of vs2003 and vs2005 side by side
how would i installed without any problem both of these side by side. does the application made on vs2003 can run without any problem in vs.net 2005. i am running vs2003 without any problem for the past some times now so i am little skeptical in moving to it , but the new features are really tempting .     I run both Studio 2003 and Studio 2005 on my machine and have no problems.  I didn't do anything special, just installed them both.  I use the built in webserver for 2005 development, just to keep .NET 2.0 out of IIS.The only "problem" with having both, is...

Installs side side copy's
Name: Chief Spraker Email: chiefsprakeratyahoodotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Installs side side copy's Comments: When installing the latest nightly build 9/25/2009 22:50, over a previous build, instead of updating it installs a new side by side copy. This is on Windows 7 RTM Ultimate. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.213.1 Safari/532.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one y...

Portal Side by Side
I really need to know how to have a working copy and a live copy of the portal on the same machine... I can't install a second version due to the setup saying Remove or Repair.  Which leaves copy and paste... when I do this... I make a change on 1 and the affects the other... I've changed directories, I've changed folder, I have seperate IIS folders... what else is there to do?? try editing the portalcfg.xml file to change the portal id value in one of the installs I tried that... but web I change anything on Portal A it automagically changes it on Portal B. Check the 2 portalcf...

Starter kits
Hello I have recently installed Web Matrix and MSDNE. I am now trying to install the sample starter kits. However, I am unable to pass the 'Create Database Objects' part of the installation wizard. This part requires the login name and password for windows authentication or SQL server authentication. I don't know if I have a login name or password for windows. I did set a password in command prompt when I set up MSDNE/SQL Server, but I don't have a login name. Is there a step I am missing? Please help. Thanks Calinda try using the login name sa also, try loging in with...

Trouble Installing Starter Kit
I am running the starter kit installation, and am to the point where I am to select the local database instance where I would like to have the TimeTracker database installed. The drop-down box is emtpy. If I click 'Test Connection', the install hangs. I have SQL 2000 installed on the local pc. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark I was able to get the install to succeed by installing to a remote SQL Server. I then ran TimeTracker_CreateDB.sql, but this failed with incorrect syntax errors. Now, there is only 1 table in the database. Any ideas? Mark...

Trouble installing Starter Kit
Trouble installing Starter Kit.   When asked for a database connection I have nothing in my pull down so I type in the name I gave using the MSDE Desktop 2000 version. As follows from the command line: setup INSTANCENAME="InstanceName" SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="AStrongSAPwd"   Everything there went fine, I use “sa” for username but I am really clueless if that is right or not.   It still installs regardless of a database connection but when I open visual studio and navigate to the  project file and start it I get the following message: “Unable to open Web proj...

Portal Starter Kit Installation?
Hi, I just downloaded the Portal Site Starter kit and used the installer to place all the files into the default location on my hard drive. I have IIS installed on my computer and when I click on the link in the readme file, which is http://localhost/PortalVBSDK it takes me to a page saying server unavailable, I tried copying and pasting into my homepage which is on a host server and the same thing appears. Im guessing it has something to do with web.config but I can't figure out what or how to change it. So here is my question in better detail; I want to place the portal site on my se...

Web resources about - trouble installing side-by-side IBuySpy installations - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

"Efforts are now underway to place the comprehensive program on hold in an orderly fashion,'' said a statement.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...