Survey module?

 Hi all

Does the Portal starter kit have an online survey module built for it? I'm basically looking for a CMS system with support for publishing online surveys. Are there any other ASP.NET based frameworks that offer this functionality.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0
m_sekhon
8/13/2008 11:41:27 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DotNetNuke is an open source .NET portal/CMS with a Survey Module.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
8/14/2008 12:49:42 PM

 Thanks for the pointer Darrell

0
m_sekhon

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Portal starter kit: how to sort in the contacts module?
Hi, I'm a complete novice, just installed the Portal Starter Kit last week, and am tring to create a staff directory using the delivered contacts module. Records are displayed in database order so, if a new record is created it will display at the end of the list, not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the list before it is displayed? Also, does anyone know how to changed the field labels (e.g. from 'contact 2' to 'photo') Any advice would be much appreciated....

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

Portal Starter Kit / .NET 2.0 Version / Web Client Software Factory Version
I have started to refactor the initial starter kit. The database schema is still the same for compatibility reasons. http://www.codeplex.com/ASPNETPortal Features Dynamic Portal Infrastructure 10 basic portal modules for common types of content 2 extra portal modules: RSS Feed and Wiki A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend with custom portal modules Online administration of portal layout, content and security XML based definition of portal layout Database based definition of portal layout Roles-based security for viewing content, editing content, ...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue #2
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

Portal starter Kit
I'm getting ready to use the Portal starter Kit to for a large school web site. Has anybody had any problems with the starter kits and if so what where they I think they are all great solutions! I personally love the DotNetNuke portal and feel it is the most superior solution out there for several reasons: 1) there is a team of 30 programmers constantly developing future versions 2) there is a great community forum here (dotnetnuke forum) for help/support/questions 3) there are over 500 add-on modules available for almost any need - some are free and some are for money 4) ope...

Web resources about - Survey module? - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Free module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a free module is a free object in a category of modules . Given a set , a free module on is a free module with basis . Every ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Ford recalls 300,000 Crown Vics over lighting module
... Mercury , Sedan Ford issued a recall notice for some 300,000 Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis sedans to have the lighting control module ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

Solaria Technology To Be Licensed By SunEdison For 400 W Modules
Solaria’s manufacturing technology will be licensed by SunEdison to make its 400-watt solar modules, which are called ZERO WHITE SPACE. So what ...

Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology sees booming orders for PV modules
Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology, Taiwan-based rectifier diode maker Pan Jit International's PV module subsidiary maker based in eastern ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

Programmable Logic: Build Yourself a CPLD Module
... way to learn and try different techniques. What better way to learn than to get your hands on a CPLD and give it a try? I created a CPLD module ...