Sorting of modules in the Organize Modules section does not work

Hi,

It seems to me that sorting of modules in the Organize Modules section (TabLayout page) does not work. After clicking any of the Up or Down arrow buttons, the sort order does not change. Is it a known bug or is it a problem only on my server :-( ?
TIA,
Marek
0
MarekK
8/6/2003 10:58:09 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have some more info concerning this problem:

I found out that due to unknown reason, the PortalCfg.xml configuration file contains attribute ModuleOrder="998" for several modules. How this could happen?
0
MarekK
8/7/2003 7:12:10 AM
You may be better posting this question in the specific forum for the Portal Starter Kit

HTH
DavidM
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
8/7/2003 2:01:39 PM
Thanks,

I thought that IBuySpy Portal it's the same and Portal Starter Kit.
Marek
0
MarekK
8/7/2003 2:08:12 PM
Not exactly - see my post at the head of the forum

DavidM
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
8/7/2003 2:23:42 PM
Thanks,

I've just found out that the problem was already discussed here view post 172248. The problem seems to be related to caching of the configuration file.
0
MarekK

Portal starter kit: how to sort in the contacts module?
Hi, I'm a complete novice, just installed the Portal Starter Kit last week, and am tring to create a staff directory using the delivered contacts module. Records are displayed in database order so, if a new record is created it will display at the end of the list, not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the list before it is displayed? Also, does anyone know how to changed the field labels (e.g. from 'contact 2' to 'photo') Any advice would be much appreciated....

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

modules, modules

Module in Module

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules
 I have two portals. one a parent and the other a child. I've a custom module with Isearchable funs implemented and an instance of it is added to two taps, one in each portal. When I index the content, only the module in the parent portal gets indexed! I had tested reindexing on the child portal by adding the Text module and it works fine. It hase nothing to do with the Supported feature field, because it is the same for all instances of the Desktop module and is set to 3 Do I need to look up the source code for reindexing content? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx I...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP!
I am using DNN 3.2.  My disucssion module allows users to edit not only their own dicussion items but other registered users items as well.  Is this how it is suppose to be?  I assumed it would only allow them to edit their own.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is this a bug? My other problem is when I try to move a module by clicking any of the move actions, nothing happens.  The screen doesn't even postback?  Anyone know a fix for this.  The setup went as planned.  However I am using ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.  The file manager wasn't worki...

Web resources about - Sorting of modules in the Organize Modules section does not work - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

How to Organize your Home, Family, and Life - The Organized Mom
Tools, Tips and Ideas to teach you how to organize! -by The Organized Mom

Organized Konfusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Organized Konfusion ( OK ) is an alternative hip hop duo from Queens, New York . Though not commercially popular, the duo was one of the most ...

Springpad Integrates With Facebook, Allows Users To Organize Likes Into Notebooks
Facebook users can organize all of their likes related to movies, television, books, music, and restaurants into one handy timeline box following ...

A Simpler Way to Organize and Optimize Campaigns on Facebook
The new campaign structure for Facebook Ads will make it easier for advertisers to organize, optimize and measure their ads.

Facebook tries new prompts to encourage users to organize friends into lists
... list will appear less frequently in News Feed. As such, now when users mark an item as spam, Facebook suggests, “Use Acquaintances to organize ...

Organize Your Life (@OrganizeHacks) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Organize Your Life @ OrganizeHacks ...

Unclutterer: Daily tips on how to organize your home and office.
Eliminate the clutter with Unclutterer, the blog about getting and staying organized.

Clipbox Lite - Scrap/Memo/Note & Organize on the App Store on iTunes
Get Clipbox Lite - Scrap/Memo/Note & Organize on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

How companies organize for social media - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Learn more here: www.web-strategist.com/blog/2009/06/25/report-companies-s...

Up w/Chris Hayes - OWS organizes May Day strike - YouTube
April 29, 2012 The Occupy Wall Street movement is organizing a nationwide strike on May 1st, the International Workers Day. The Up w/ Chris Hayes ...