Multiple clients customized content for each need help

hi,
 i am new to multiport concept, I need help i have a client he is having more than 50 customers. He is customising same content for different customers so it became 50 code base. one place required changes it needs to be done for 50 times. so i am thinking one framework needs to customized for different different customer and without worring about common content for all customers.
  Now i need help how to go ahead i would like to avoid 50 customer code bases and implement it to one code base and one place for administration and customize for dynamic updates. which is best part( i am not sure which one helps)

Rainbow
dotnetduke
portal starter kit

or

windows sharepoint serives 3.0
windows sharepoint server (no problem budget if it gives solution)

please suggest which one best suit to our problem. one code base, one database
0
mpar16
9/27/2008 4:54:29 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Portal Starter Kit / .NET 2.0 Version / Web Client Software Factory Version
I have started to refactor the initial starter kit. The database schema is still the same for compatibility reasons. http://www.codeplex.com/ASPNETPortal Features Dynamic Portal Infrastructure 10 basic portal modules for common types of content 2 extra portal modules: RSS Feed and Wiki A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend with custom portal modules Online administration of portal layout, content and security XML based definition of portal layout Database based definition of portal layout Roles-based security for viewing content, editing content, ...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

New to kit and web dev. need help CLUB Starter Kit 3.0
  Found problem -  in database and edited form admin account How do edit simple things like the club name or my site tag line. I now how in the regular starter kit but not this one. After that any swimple documents on work with the sit would be great.  The info I want to change is not in the web.config I am using visual web dev 2008. Thank you, Jim All the club names and tag are stored in the database.We created an admin page for editing that. It all should be in the docs.Zack OwensCoordinator for the ClubStarterKit (Open Source)http://codeplex.com/clubstarterkit Ve...

Customizing Portal Starter Kit
Hello, everybody Could anyone tell me if do I necessary need to have Visual Studio .Net to compile the *.vb component files to create the ASPPortal.dll or is there other way (program - vs 6?) to do it? Thank You, Hi, Yes,you need to have a Visual Studio.Net and Portal VBVS version to be able to compile or just see/change the sourse code of the software. Alex. Uh no, you dont need visual studio. Download the SDK version and use the framework sdk's commandline tools and your favorite editor.. Better yet get the free .NET editor right off the home page of ASP.NET excus...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

I need help with the classifieds starter kit
I have www.networksolutions.com  hosting and  I can't get it up to  the server..   I believe it is because  not  conect to ASPNETDB..   But in  My Computer local  is ok.    Hello there. Have you changed your connection string in the web.config file with the connection string provided to you by your provider? Have you set up the Sql server with your database tables etc? (or run the sql script into data base if you have modified the databse you will need to modify the script also) The default connection string ...

Customization of Starter Kit / Help Request
Hi there, I understand it uses SQL Server for it's Data Store. Would it be hard for me to modify it so that it uses MS Access instead? ----------------- or better yet would be greatly appreciated if someone and point me to a tutorial or briefly explain how to do the following. 1) Data Grid / List to display item description + Images [ similar to the starter kit ] using ASP.net / VB.net. User able to click on the item to display more info 2) How do "send" stuff something like "http://www.xxx.net/xxx/AddPost.aspx?tabindex=1&ForumID=84" the part where...

I need some help... I need to get users from a DNN1 portal to a DNN 3 portal
I need some help, We've been happly running our website on a Hacked apart DNN 1 portal for quite some time...now, our marketing dept has created a new pretty DNN 3 site... but without the users (they tried upgrading.. but it just didn't work..... either becuase of the hacked apart DNN1 or just because)Is there any tool that will let me bring the users over, import them, whatever.... I can deal with re-assigning roles (as all the roles have changed) but I still need to get the crapload of users over!any suggestions?Help!-Gj- Your best bet will be  writing a custom tool, that reads in t...

Need help understanding starter kit code
I'm using the dashCommerce starter kit (http://dashcommerce.org).  I installed it with the sample code to try to work through how it works.  If I click on a product category, as expected, I see a list of products in that category. However, the URL is something like http://localhost:3560/DashBoard/catalog/8bfdb44b-4b24-4fc5-8356-42214dfb26c8.aspx. But there is no page 8bfdb44b-4b24-4fc5-8356-42214dfb26c8.aspx.  Somehow, this means the same as http://localhost:3560/DashBoard/catalog.aspx?guid=8bfdb44b-4b24-4fc5-8356-42214dfb26c8 with category.aspx checking the querystring f...

starter-kits-time-tracker..Help needed
 Hi I have download the starter kit from ASP.NET Site http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter-kits/time-tracker/ I have sql server express edition in my system. When I run the application I get the error as shown in attached picture.. Kindly help me out.. RegardsDeepu  What error ??? where is the attached picture ? Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points tooamiT jaiNC#.NET Articles What kind of error ypu are facing. the image is not get displayed here. Please post here again or simply put ...

help me out in Portal Starter Kit 1.1
hello friends ,I am referring Portal Starter Kit 1.1 , I am confused when i sawcode page PortalCfg.cs ,//------------------------------------------------------------------------------// <autogenerated>// This code was generated by a tool.// Runtime Version: 1.0.3705.209//// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if// the code is regenerated.// </autogenerated>//------------------------------------------------------------------------------this mean all 2260 line of code generated by tool automatically ???i want to make application like postal kit , but ...

Null Reference with Portal starter kit.....help....!
I am getting a null reference with this line of code: ViewState["UrlReferrer"] = Request.UrlReferrer.ToString(); I am not clear on why this happens b/c this code should simply assign the url of the page you come from to the value "UrlReferrer". Any advice? Anyone else had this problem? Installation was fine, db is intact. -Brian "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda If you have a software firewall such as Norton Internet Security you need to turn it off......

Help me understand this bit of code in the Portal Starter Kit
' Add the PortalSettings object to the contextContext.Items.Add("PortalSettings", New PortalSettings(tabIndex, tabId))</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#000000>' Read the configuration info from the XML file or retrieve from Cache' and add to the contextDim config As Configuration = New Configuration()Context.Items.Add("SiteSettings", config.GetSiteSettings())</FONT>I am getting really confused with this code. I understand the last two lines of code...  Dim config As Configuration = New Configuration() points to a file called Configu...

Web resources about - Multiple clients customized content for each need help - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Facebook Launches Customized Suicide-Prevention Services For U.S. Military, Families
... targeting the U.S. military and its families, teaming up with Blue Star Families and the Department of Veterans Affairs to offer customized ...

Customized skin+Emoji CocoPPa Keyboard on the App Store on iTunes
Get Customized skin+Emoji CocoPPa Keyboard on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Twitter customized Icon - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Created for Culturally Connected, LLC - Idea Girl Media's parent company.

eBay on Storytelling, TV Ads and Customized Experiences, Richelle Parham IAB MIXX 2013 - YouTube
Richelle Parham, Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, North America Marketplaces, eBay talks about the importance of storytelling, their ...

B.C. Doctors Prescribing Exercise On Customized Pads
Next time you visit your doctor, her or she may prescribe you something other than pills. Prescription of Health, by Doctors of B.C., has physicians ...

How-to: Create customized ringtones for your iOS devices using GarageBand for Mac
... For more news on iPhone , Tips and Tricks , and iTunes continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "How-to: Create customized ...

Sprint's New Customized Plan Goes After Moms, Gives Data Away Dirt Cheap
The big four wireless carriers are on a mad dash to the bottom, when it comes to price. And Sprint has pinpointed the two targets for its latest ...

Pinterest Search Results Now Customized by Language and Country
Pinterest Search Results Now Customized by Language and Country

Motorola Mobility's Moto X Offers Customized Colors and More
... when it is in a moving car or you are in a meeting, and it can adjust its behavior accordingly. On top of that, the Moto X can be customized ...

Customized E-Cigs
Meghan Neal records their rise: Any self-respecting vaper has a PV (personal vaporizer), or Mod (personalized, or “modified” piece.) From there, ...