Modules within Modules

I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it.

Any ideas?
0
chadwarren
6/6/2004 5:20:42 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me

DavidM
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
DavidGMiles
6/7/2004 8:08:25 AM
My mods to ILN aren't all that extensive nor impressive. In fact, I saved myself a lot of trouble and just went ahead and bought the IBS Enhancements from Snowcovered that include 2nd-level tabs and modified that to appear in left pane instead of at the top. But I do appreciate the help.

Thanks.
0
chadwarren

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .................................................................................... Any ideas on what the correct inherits statement should be for the new module? Should i change 'Inherits System.Web.UI.Page' to 'Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl' and/or do something else also? Thanks, PaulK OK I figured it out Simply change Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page to Public Class Charts Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl the ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl evidently inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page,so everything works from there on out. Yippeeee!!K...

Module within a Module
Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page refreshes.DarmarkMark as Answer, if this reply answers your post. I have created several Modules within a Module. Take a look at the following link:- http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2003_04/magazine/columns/aspnet/default_pf.aspx IT WORKS FOR ME! Regards, Paul. ah I see - what we were trying to do was allow admins to load multiple normal portal modules into a module container and page amongst them kind of a container in a container ideaVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD thats the whole point of the "schwingcontent" module I wrote, its on snowcovered (heres a link to the free v1.0 version) http://www.snowcovered.com/Snowcovered2/DesktopDefault.aspx?mid=437&tabid=23&f=PortalStore_ProductDetails.ascx&productID=252 if you have any questions let me knowModules for sale @ SnowCovered / Bitporters....

modules, modules

Module in Module

Portal starter kit: how to sort in the contacts module?
Hi, I'm a complete novice, just installed the Portal Starter Kit last week, and am tring to create a staff directory using the delivered contacts module. Records are displayed in database order so, if a new record is created it will display at the end of the list, not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the list before it is displayed? Also, does anyone know how to changed the field labels (e.g. from 'contact 2' to 'photo') Any advice would be much appreciated....

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

Calling a module within another module
Hi, I have a bit of a problem, that I am SURE there must a simple solution for, but I can't work it out. I have a very simple module which just contains some subroutines to return a drop down list of days of the month, with the current day selected. This is going to be used in a few spots, so I wanted to put it in a nice central area. There is another module, that takes the results of subroutines (always a string) and replaces variables on a HTML template with them. It calls it by requiring the replace variable and the subroutine: eg MID => [\&returnme, $merch...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Dynamically Loading Controls/Modules within a Module
Hi, I have a standard recordset detail senario within DNN and I'm trying to understand how I can call another control in my project from within d > Search And Search Results >>>>>Single Row Detail With edit Controls >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item I want all the process's to occer within the one module. I've setup the DAL, CBO, and my ASPX pages. but What I need is a way to call in code that Single Row Detail Control I can't seem to register it becaus...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Module in MODULE::INTERFACE
Can module name be something like: com::xyz::PakageOne? Because when I created a package with that convention, the package was created but there is no _st_ and _sk_ generated for me. Thanks. .... Steve ...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Module to Module Communication
Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

IO modules causing issues in Net::DNS module?
------_=_NextPart_001_01CAD72B.3BF72B9F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! = I'm porting some software from a White Russian OpenWRT system to a new Kami= kaze 8.09.1 OpenWRT system but I am having some serious issues that I'm hop= ing you can help me with. = Old system Linux kernel 2.4.34 MIPSEL arch Perl 5.8.7 Net::DNS 0.48 IO 1.21 IO::Socket 1.28 IO::Socket::INET 1.28 = New system Linux kernel 2.6.26.8 MIPS arch Perl 5.10.0 Net::DNS 0.66 IO 1.23_...

Is there a way to refresh a module from within another module on the same tab?
I have one module that generates a report AND updates a database with information which another module on the same tab uses to generate its display. But after the user gets the report the information isn't automatically displayed in the other module. Wondering if I can refresh the one module from the other. Even better, is there a way to access controsl on one module from another module? Somehow I'm thinking no... I am assuming that your second module (the non update one) retreives information from the same database, assuming this is correct you could simply make the module go and collect information from the DB each time you load the page although this could be a big performance hit if you retreive a lot of data, but effectively this is what you are trying to do. To do this remove your database retrieval from your 'if' statement checking for IsPostBack (that is assuming this is how you went about designing your module). Hope this helps,Stewart WalkerByte Information Technology Yes, I believe you are looking for the ModuleCommunication framework, you can download a simple example for my website on the downloads page: http://www.brainal.com/aspnetportal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=10 then download Module Communicator Example - Version 2.0.0 There are also some other great examples here on the forums, just do a search for IModuleCommunication. Hope that helps, - Eric Thanks to you both for the input. Youv'e got it Stewart. Module 1 allows user to g...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the active directory so the form will include fields for name, email, dept, phone etc.these submodules are not to be viewed in the admin panel at the top of DNN but only in the admin section of the support module. can someone give me some advice on how I can build a module that will allow submodules to be added to it? Is it even possible?Thanks in advance...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

Forum module within the kit
Dear all, I am looking to create a Forum module like this forum.So I looked at this starter kit to get some ideas. But I find that the forum is containing only links and doing static message display.In other words it is not what it shud be. Can some one who has a good idea about creating forums tell the concept that goes behind creating a fully working one. The messages shud be stored in XML files and not database. If you can provide code it will be still better. It will be good if you can provide step-by step instructions. How to integrate the FCK editor into a web page?   ...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

Web resources about - Modules within Modules - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

LG G5 camera module demonstration
... for about a day now. LG decided to try something new with this year's flagship and include the ability to swap out different hardware modules, ...

Tambara Modules
I came in contact with Tambara modules when working on categorical understanding of lenses. They were first mentioned to me by Edward Kmett, ...

Fraunhofer Sets New Solar CPV Module Efficiency Record
... published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new solar conversion efficiency world record for concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) solar modules ...

Space graffiti discovered inside Apollo 11 command module
Workers at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum uncover astronauts' scribbles that haven't been seen for 40 years.

LG brings interchangeable 'Friends' modules to flagship G5 smartphone
... 6 (Marshmallow) device with an unusual new feature a 2800 mAh battery that slides out from the bottom. The slot can accept a variety of modules ...

Trina Solar 2015 PV module shipments up 51.8% on year
China-based Trina Solar shipped 1.776GWp of PV modules in the fourth quarter of 2015, leading to shipments of 5.74GWp in 2015 which hiked 51.8% ...

LG G5: 10 Modules I Want To See
Would these 10 things convince you to buy the LG G5 instead of the S7?

Boston Dynamics Atlas Robot Edited w/ Cursing Module
This is a video of Boston Dyanmics' latest Atlas humanoid robot edited with a fictional cursing module . It doesn't appear to be a very obscene ...

NASA Has Completed Welding Together The Orion Spacecraft's Crew Module
... but preparations are well underway for the first mission into deep space: engineers have just completed welding together the Orion crew module. ...