Module within a Module

Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?
Robbie Freeland

Web Team Leader

www.chesterfield.gov
0
rfreeland
12/3/2003 7:34:50 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the moment
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
12/3/2003 9:12:02 PM
I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page refreshes.
Darmark

Darmark
12/14/2003 4:21:15 AM
I have created several Modules within a Module.

Take a look at the following link:-
http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2003_04/magazine/columns/aspnet/default_pf.aspx
IT WORKS FOR ME!
Regards,
Paul.
0
wadep
12/16/2003 1:35:34 PM
ah I see - what we were trying to do was allow admins to load multiple normal portal modules into a module container and page amongst them kind of a container in a container idea
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
12/16/2003 3:13:05 PM
thats the whole point of the "schwingcontent" module I wrote, its on snowcovered (heres a link to the free v1.0 version)

http://www.snowcovered.com/Snowcovered2/DesktopDefault.aspx?mid=437&tabid=23&f=PortalStore_ProductDetails.ascx&productID=252
if you have any questions let me know
Modules for sale @ SnowCovered / Bitporters.net

BPM UserManager IBS

BPM ErrorManager IBS & DNN

BPM Personal Stock Tic
0
BPM_IBS

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

modules, modules

Module in Module

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Portal starter kit: how to sort in the contacts module?
Hi, I'm a complete novice, just installed the Portal Starter Kit last week, and am tring to create a staff directory using the delivered contacts module. Records are displayed in database order so, if a new record is created it will display at the end of the list, not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the list before it is displayed? Also, does anyone know how to changed the field labels (e.g. from 'contact 2' to 'photo') Any advice would be much appreciated....

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

Calling a module within another module
Hi, I have a bit of a problem, that I am SURE there must a simple solution for, but I can't work it out. I have a very simple module which just contains some subroutines to return a drop down list of days of the month, with the current day selected. This is going to be used in a few spots, so I wanted to put it in a nice central area. There is another module, that takes the results of subroutines (always a string) and replaces variables on a HTML template with them. It calls it by requiring the replace variable and the subroutine: eg MID => [\&returnme, $merch...

Dynamically Loading Controls/Modules within a Module
Hi, I have a standard recordset detail senario within DNN and I'm trying to understand how I can call another control in my project from within d > Search And Search Results >>>>>Single Row Detail With edit Controls >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item I want all the process's to occer within the one module. I've setup the DAL, CBO, and my ASPX pages. but What I need is a way to call in code that Single Row Detail Control I can't seem to register it becaus...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Web resources about - Module within a Module - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

JA Solar Delivers Modules To Largest Solar Power Project In Philippines
One of the largest Chinese module manufacturers, JA Solar, announced that it has completed delivery of 92.5 MW solar PV modules in mid-October ...

Motech subsidiary invests in China-based PV module maker
... China will invest CNY11.4 million (US$1.78 million) for a 19% stake in Jinzhou Yangguang Motech Renewable Energy, a China-based PV module maker ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

The Latest, Best WiFi Module Has Been Announced
... ago, a new product was released onto the vast, vast marketplace of cheap electronics. It was the ESP8266, and this tiny and cheap WiFi module ...

Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices
Read the rest of Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices