Load module into module...

Is it possible to load a module into another module?

I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module.
Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it can actually be done.
John Pether
http://www.dotnetsites.net
0
biomash
5/23/2003 5:42:27 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

John, check out composite or templated controls. you cna find a lot of good posts about them in the controls forum. There is also a book

Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Server Controls
that has some pretty good information in it. The book is in C# and I don't know which you perfer, but the examples are easily converted over to VB if thats what you want.

DynamicVB.Net
0
bhopkins
5/23/2003 1:45:14 PM
John - check your mail - I sent you a thingie I was playing with

DavidM
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
5/23/2003 7:35:53 PM
Thanks for the advice....will check out the suggestions:) Thanks for the thingie david, will check it out tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

John Pether
http://www.dotnetsites.net
0
biomash
5/24/2003 11:25:34 AM
JOhn - not sure if you have the SPs necessary for that - let me know - my IBS is so customised it is hard to tell - if not I can dig them out from a backup - the running version is on my Notebook which is dead screened at the moment

DavidM
Various IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.com

Lead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD
0
davidgmiles
5/24/2003 9:34:29 PM
Has anyone come up with a possible solution for this?

I have come a cross a need to have a module with other modules inside of it, not just injected controls..I need some extended module properties available.
I am trying to use the IE tab control with the multipage, but use modules on the multipage.
Thanks,
Jason

jason[AT]youngsta[DOT]us
0
jlenardson
8/20/2003 2:32:27 PM
jlenardson, you can still use the tab strip, but you dont need the multipage anymore.

just use a <asp:placeholder> below your tab strip and then depending on the tab selected, load in the right control in the placehold's control collection.
mind you could run into post-back issues depending on the desired functionality of your control within the base control.
let me know if this helps.
Modules for sale @ SnowCovered / Bitporters.net

BPM UserManager IBS

BPM ErrorManager IBS & DNN

BPM Personal Stock Tic
0
BPM_IBS
8/20/2003 5:58:32 PM
That works as long as you don't need access to the module information.  The minute you inject the control you lose access to stuff like security rights for that module.  At least that is what has been happening to me.

Any thoughts on how to work around this?
-jason
jason[AT]youngsta[DOT]us
0
jlenardson
8/20/2003 7:43:51 PM
well.. is this a specific control your trying to load in? or all of the existing controls, like you could go

ctype(me.Parent, PortalModuleControl).etcetc
within the child module to access the parents settings.. but that would be a pain to do if this was for all the modules.
Modules for sale @ SnowCovered / Bitporters.net

BPM UserManager IBS

BPM ErrorManager IBS & DNN

BPM Personal Stock Tic
0
BPM_IBS

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

modules, modules

Module in Module

Portal starter kit: how to sort in the contacts module?
Hi, I'm a complete novice, just installed the Portal Starter Kit last week, and am tring to create a staff directory using the delivered contacts module. Records are displayed in database order so, if a new record is created it will display at the end of the list, not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the list before it is displayed? Also, does anyone know how to changed the field labels (e.g. from 'contact 2' to 'photo') Any advice would be much appreciated....

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded?
How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded? Normally, I have done this by changing my *.dnn file to ommit the <key></key> tag on the ascx file I want to load first in the module; however, I need to be able to refer directly to that page as to forward the user to it. Any ideas? The initial view of the module is always the view action.  You do not need a key assigned to it.  You can only have one view type per module.Chris Paterra Chris, can you elaborate on that a little? I've used multiple pages set to view in modules previousl...

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

Hi there, How can I load a module inside other module? Could it be something like having a placeholder and then injecting the module to it? Any hints? Thanks in advance, J ...

Article: Load Modules From Your Own Module
I have made a short article about how to load modules from you costum module. This is mostly used when you have a complex module which you want to seperate up to several smaller modules and lost the needed modules depending on when to show... It can be found here I hope it can be of some use for someone...- Anders My blog, includes stuff about DNN module development... WDevs, free blog space, email and more... DnnBB, forum module for DNN...

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

How do I call a function in global asax on app start after all the modules have been loaded or a specific module has been loaded?
    I have tried to hook in to the  Application_Start in global.asax, but the problem is that the module that I need hasn't been loaded yet, this is a problem since I need to do a task only once per application start.  Any suggestions?  Thanks-Nathan  Either separate you needed code and load its model after application start.(change order)OrSet an application varaible value and chekc on this value when your module loaded. Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Well the thing is that the init event seems to be...

Web resources about - Load module into module... - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

JA Solar Delivers Modules To Largest Solar Power Project In Philippines
One of the largest Chinese module manufacturers, JA Solar, announced that it has completed delivery of 92.5 MW solar PV modules in mid-October ...

Motech subsidiary invests in China-based PV module maker
... China will invest CNY11.4 million (US$1.78 million) for a 19% stake in Jinzhou Yangguang Motech Renewable Energy, a China-based PV module maker ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

The Latest, Best WiFi Module Has Been Announced
... ago, a new product was released onto the vast, vast marketplace of cheap electronics. It was the ESP8266, and this tiny and cheap WiFi module ...

Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices
Read the rest of Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices