I need suggestion for my portal using ASP.net 3.5 framework

Hi,

i need suggestion for framework of my portal using asp.net 3.5

where user can choose his own custom style for page layout and skins

fully customisable module,

i have 3 module  1 report, 2. Data entry, 3. communication

user can put any report any where on screen according to his page lay out

and data entry part ot any where he want.

i want it fully ajax based but can;t understand how do i implement it

please suggest.

or give a tutorial link

Thanks & regards

Rajat

Rajat Programmer
0
Rajat
4/24/2008 10:01:39 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vik20000in
4/24/2008 11:37:47 AM

vik20000in:

after go through your link i find the dropthings its nice but at same time here controls are on tab can you please suggest some other which i can refer.

thanks

Rajat

Rajat Programmer
0
Rajat
cbakopanos

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

.NET 3.5 SP1 & ADO.NET Entity Framework Clarification
I'm a little confused, can someone please clarify, with the recent release of .NET 3.5 SP1....  does that include an official "release" of the ADO.NET Entity Framework?  Or is the framework still in early pre-release stages?Thanks,Matt BrownMetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviewsHaulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry Entity Framework is officially released and is part of SP1. Sweet times, sweet times. This is the official forum for it: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=533&SiteID=1 The forum was no...

Using AJAX toolkit with .NET Framework 3.5
I had a problem getting AJAX Control Toolkit to Work with .NET Framework 3.5 in IIS 7. It showed up in the C# CodeBehind under the namespace {AjaxControlToolkit} because it was globalized by the bin, but as far as using it in the XHTML Markup or even adding it from the CodeBehind where it is listed caused an error. Note: im Using VWD 2008, C#, and .NET 3.5 the Problem was i was using the old version of the Ajax Control toolkit. below is the link to the new version and and shortcut to the how to video. ASP.NET AJAX Support in Visual Studio 2008: http://download.mi...

using MSBuild in .net 3.5 need help
Hi all,   I know that MSBuild comes with the .net 3.5. How to use this so that my application builds with the MSBuild. I dont know where to start. Frist do I need to Run the MSbuild in the .net 3.5 folder and then compile or Do i have to change any file (eg web.config). 8-)     Please help me. Thanks for all your time.     msbuild is a command that is internally used by visual studio to build the projects ,and it can be used out of visual studio environemnt through the "visual studio command prompt" ( all Programs -> cisual studio 2008 ->...

Web resources about - I need suggestion for my portal using ASP.net 3.5 framework - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Suggestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another. Nineteenth century writers ...

Do You Like Facebook’s New Top Suggestions Layout?
Facebook revamped the layout of its top suggestions page, which, as the name implies, suggests pages for users to like . continued… New Career ...

What's your suggestion for an awesomely... - The Dish - Andrew Sullivan - Facebook
What's your suggestion for an awesomely bad Super PAC name?

Facebook to Use Facial Recognition to Provide Photo Tag Suggestions
Facebook has announced a new photo tag suggestions feature that utilizes facial recognition technology. When users upload photos, faces which ...

New tailored suggestions for you to follow on Twitter
... the first time, we want that process to be easy and fast. Currently, when new users come to Twitter, we show them all almost the same suggestions ...

Couple of suggestions for Fargo bloggers re Disqus comments.
Regarding Disqus comments: You can turn off the links to articles, if you don't care about revenue. Here's how: Go to the Disqus dashboard ...

New on Quora: Suggestions for Ask to Answer and... - Joel's Posts - Quora
One of the great parts of Quora is having a question answered by the perfect person, like a former Navy pilot who can explain what it's like ...

Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store on iTunes
Get Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Suggestion Box: Black Simon and Garfunkel Sing "All About That Bass" - YouTube
Jimmy welcomes back Black Simon and Garfunkel to sing Meghan Trainor's hit song "All About That Bass." Subscribe NOW to The Tonight Show Starring ...